Cars Formula RSS2 2018 V6 by Race Sim Studio

Sorry @CC I did want to say that last night but couldn't do it as I knew you'd spent ages getting it lined up :whistling:

it was like that on the 2017 hybrid though I think
Yeah only takes 1 second to change the numbers I stole the code from the hybrid,
still quite some work aligning everything because the layouts changed so all positions,
ill change it later.

Fixed this N positions and Speed locations from starting.
e6e9f006343b0af0af35c81ad8b5d8bb.jpg

To be honest, I like the way Codemasters dealt with the problem of letting people choose if having the Halo or not on a 2D screen in their F1 2018 game: basically if you want it off, you will still get the Halo visible in game but the central pillar, which is the one blocking the view when driving in 2D, will be cut off. I think it is a more 'realistic' approach to the problem ;)

To be honest, I like the way Codemasters dealt with the problem of letting people choose if having the Halo or not on a 2D screen in their F1 2018 game: basically if you want it off, you will still get the Halo visible in game but the central pillar, which is the one blocking the view when driving in 2D, will be cut off. I think it is a more 'realistic' approach to the problem ;)
Not really because Halos do not have joins where it is cut,
these Halos we create are mm accurate 100%
if I was to cut the Halo under the hoop the reflection on the mesh will change slightly because of the cut line, will have like a ladder effect, not really solve anything for me,
personally I would leave it there its in real life, if people want 3 wheels on a car I should remove one also ?

Not really because Halos do not have joins where it is cut,
these Halos we create are mm accurate 100%
if I was to cut the Halo under the hoop the reflection on the mesh will change slightly because of the cut line, will have like a ladder effect, not really solve anything for me,
personally I would leave it there its in real life, if people want 3 wheels on a car I should remove one also ?

With the reference to "2D," I think he was referring to the optics issue when playing on a screen. In real life your brain removes the central pillar because we have binocular vision. The same thing happens for those of us who play in VR; because of the binocular vision our brains remove that pillar.

That doesn't happen when you play on a 2D screen, so it provides an obvious issue for gamers that real life drivers don't have. Therefore, removing the pillar from the cockpit 3D model is a realistic alternative because it better represents what you would actually see as a driver.

That being said, I never saw RSS removing the Halo as a realism thing, I saw it as an option because people generally hate the halo and would rather not have it at all.

With the reference to "2D," I think he was referring to the optics issue when playing on a screen. In real life your brain removes the central pillar because we have binocular vision. The same thing happens for those of us who play in VR; because of the binocular vision our brains remove that pillar.

That doesn't happen when you play on a 2D screen, so it provides an obvious issue for gamers that real life drivers don't have. Therefore, removing the pillar from the cockpit 3D model is a realistic alternative because it better represents what you would actually see as a driver.

That being said, I never saw RSS removing the Halo as a realism thing, I saw it as an option because people generally hate the halo and would rather not have it at all.
Thats what it was people did not want it there,
so there be a standard version with Halo and a S1 with no Halo,
simply just to give people the option, the workload is massive already without making silly cuts in mesh, destroying reflection values to simple have something that is not even real anyways,
personally I wouldnt bother but its what was requested.

My point is that removing the central pillar from cockpit view would actually provide a more realistic experience because your brain does this in real life.

As for it destroying reflections, that's only if you hack it away. You could close the mesh in as a consistent surface and the reflections would be flawless; build it as if there were never any pillar there at all and it would look just fine.

Either way I think it's a moot point. I'd rather have no halo at all anyways, so I'm glad that option exists.

Reactions: CC
My point is that removing the central pillar from cockpit view would actually provide a more realistic experience because your brain does this in real life.

As for it destroying reflections, that's only if you hack it away. You could close the mesh in as a consistent surface and the reflections would be flawless; build it as if there were never any pillar there at all and it would look just fine.

Either way I think it's a moot point. I'd rather have no halo at all anyways, so I'm glad that option exists.
Yeah ill leave that stuff for other people I like simulation its why I am here,
maybe some other teams might make a car in the future with half a halo options buts its not for me personally have better things to do with my time :D

Should have gone on and finished Russian Time, but wanted to start this one too :D ...

1/2 hr of matching and painting in 3D in PS...
__custom_showroom_1534321058.jpg

Followed by 3-4 hrs of creating the shapes using the 3D painted ones as a guide, and then adjusting/tweaking results in this...
__custom_showroom_1534337601.jpg

Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_15-7-2018-14-1-8.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_15-7-2018-14-1-50.jpg

Had to do the top of the tub by eye but the sides are "mm accurate" as @CC would say :D:D

I think I've surpased my own expectations with this one :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back