Cars Removed by RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, a central-strut removal option for the halo would be a great idea. I find the car unusable with the full halo (on a single screen) but removing it entirely feels like cheating :unsure: Retaining most of the halo would be a great compromise for single-screen users :thumbsup:
The fact is, unlike the F1 halo's which have aero-fairings over them which blend neatly into the bodywork - the F3/F2 Halo is simply a bolt on part, so it already provides a natural break from the main model without having to resort to unrealistic seams which can create visual flaws in the UVs, the normals etc.

The only reason they split the halo like that in say the Codie's F1 games or the latest RSS Hybrid is because there is no other option - they are forced to create an unnatural split because its so well integrated into the bodywork design (ie. to pull the whole thing off would mean a heavy remodel of the bodywork around the head protection area).

So for me I've picked the option that is least destructive, most natural and intuitive given what the IRL model presents. There should be no guilt for choosing to remove it because it blocks the view - this is just the reality of 2D racing. Its not like you gain any benefit from users say in VR who can see clearly even with it on screen.

Sounds are very nice, but they seem quieter than Kunos or other RSS content (?)
Thanks.

I've been documenting this since 2014 that Kunos car volume levels are not balanced across the entire catalogue (i.e. the road cars are as loud or louder than the F1 cars - try the Abarth vs the SF70H). Kunos goes for consitently near maximum volume targets, giving guidelines in their SDK and forum feedback. The onboard is typically ok, but in exterior situations, this creates a convoluted soundstage giving little to no headroom for the sounds to breathe in a racing situation with multiple cars on screen, or to pick up on all the audio details and additional sound effects.

Since the Formula RSS 2000, we've started balancing volumes to our own cars so we won't compare to Kunos or our older content, unless we build cars to race alongside specific Kunos cars.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I've been documenting this since 2014 that Kunos car volume levels are not balanced across the entire catalogue (i.e. the road cars are as loud or louder than the F1 cars - try the Abarth vs the SF70H). Kunos goes for consitently maximum volume targets, even according to their SDK and forum feedback. The onboard is typically ok, but in exterior situations, this creates a convoluted soundstage giving little to no headroom for the sounds to breathe in a racing situation with multiple cars on screen, or to pick up on all the audio details and additional sound effects.

Since the Formula RSS 2000, we've started balancing volumes to our own cars so we won't compare to Kunos or our older content, unless we build cars to race alongside specific Kunos cars.

I see, and it is perfectly understandable now that I know the full logic behind it. Thanks mate! :)

Along those lines... it was interesting hearing Martin Brundle talking about the sound inside the cockpit of modern F1 cars. He equated it more to a dull rumble...with more emphasis of high frequency feel in the chest.

Hello, I just downloaded the files and when I'm in game in the "Choose a car" menu, there is an "unknown" icon for the the new Formula 3 ! I have attached a picture of the problem. In others words, I do not have access to these cars in the game and I do not know why knowing that I have already been adding some mods for this game ! I'm really looking for an answer and some help !
Thanks in advance ! (and sorry for my bad english)

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 348
Hello, I just downloaded the files and when I'm in game in the "Choose a car" menu, there is an "unknown" icon for the the new Formula 3 ! I have attached a picture of the problem. In others words, I do not have access to these cars in the game and I do not know why knowing that I have already been adding some mods for this game ! I'm really looking for an answer and some help !
Thanks in advance ! (and sorry for my bad english)
Try to clear the cache:
carcache.png

Otherwise, ensure you have correctly installed the car:
• Copy the ‘content’ and 'extension' folders in this archive to:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Example (without the extension folder):

BTW regarding the transparency issue linked to various shaders patch builds - I've had a few other people with the same issue (ie. it being broken on p74 even though for many others its fine), and confirmation that disabling the patch fixes it, so with vanilla AC it is correct.

Obviously that is not ideal so I've sent as much information about the issue as I can to Ilja to see if he can help understand what is causing it and hopefully offer a fix in future.

Right now it seems outwith our control as it works properly with vanilla AC and for many with current shaders patch builds (though like @AlleyViper I too could reproduce it on p63), so hopefully an answer comes soon.

Am I the only one really struggling with the different tyres compound optimal windows?

I'm barely faster on softs than on the mediums.

What psi are you guys using?

Am I the only one really struggling with the different tyres compound optimal windows?

I'm barely faster on softs than on the mediums.
This is intended behaviour - its not supposed to be easy to manage the tyres!
But also you must just pick the tyre that works best for the circuit. IRL, F3 does not have any choice of compounds, they are allocated a compound per event (so no quali tyres, no choice of strategy etc.) So its not a performance differentiation like F1, its simply them building a tyre that suits the circuits.

This is likely the tyre choices this year, so best to use that as a guide for whatever other tracks you run on:
Barcelona - Hard
Paul Ricard - Medium
Red Bull Ring - Soft
Silverstone - Hard
Hungaroring - Medium
Spa - Medium
Monza - Soft
Sochi - Soft

But remember that they are supposed to be very temperature sensitive and you should have to actively manage them to keep them in the window. The whole concept behind F3 is to train young drivers to understand the tyres F1 and F2 run, without the distraction of tyre strategy etc.

Watch the drivers in qualifying - they do a few slow laps to warm them up, then push, then cool down again. And in the race, they are constantly having to be aware of their pace and not push too hard too soon. Maybe not as exciting as other series but this is the reality :)

upload_2019-5-12_19-53-49.png

upload_2019-5-12_19-52-26.png

This is likely the tyre choices this year, so best to use that as a guide for whatever other tracks you run on:
Barcelona - Hard
Paul Ricard - Medium
Red Bull Ring - Soft
Silverstone - Hard
Hungaroring - Medium
Spa - Medium
Monza - Soft
Sochi - Soft

View attachment 305464

Thank you! My rears are always full red while my fronts fluctuate a lot. I guess you did a great job on making the rear difficult. Really cool that these arent easy, will need to learn and practice.

Try to clear the cache:
View attachment 305395
Otherwise, ensure you have correctly installed the car:
• Copy the ‘content’ and 'extension' folders in this archive to:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Example (without the extension folder):
Thank you very much for your quick answer ! I had indeed to clear the cache as you said it !
Now it works, and I can only appreciate the awesome work for these F3 !

@mikutzu and others experiencing the decals bug - please update to the latest shaders build (preview 114), Ilja has reportedly fixed it!

He said it would occur only with some strange combination of settings (specific shadows and particle shadows resolutions), which explains why it worked fine for some and not others :)

20190516134516-1.jpg

Hey guys,
I don't know if you know of the issue already but in far chase and looking back the tires turn blue, when they get dirty.
Just wanted to let you know, glorious car otherwise!

20190516134516-1.jpg

Hey guys,
I don't know if you know of the issue already but in far chase and looking back the tires turn blue, when they get dirty.
Just wanted to let you know, glorious car otherwise!
Yeah its a known issue, will be fixed in an update. Wrong texture was assigned for tyre dirt which went unnoticed because the shaders patch overwrites it anyway. It was caught before release but I foolishly forgot to update the LODs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back