Cars Removed by RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently started having a blast in this little gem on the track I'm working on, but the AI is pretty hopeless in it. I've been tearing my hair out for a couple days trying to get them to navigate a tricky corner to no avail. I've even trying setting the AI HINT to 0.1 for that corner and they still just barrel through the corner into the runoff. It actually seems like it's gotten worse over the last day or two, as well. I had the AI to a point where they were pretty competent at the circuit in classic and other low downforce cars, up to about GT3 machinery, but it's a huge mess in these things.

The corner in question is a tight ~120 degree not-quite-hairpin with a decent drop off. It's a tricky corner, but in the RSS 3 the AI seems to just understeer straight off before the crest even happens. Can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any tips that may help the situation?

The ai in this car is not great in general if I recall. They would fairly consistently fly off track at magione. So the tweaking probably needs to happen in the cars ai files rather than the track

I've recently started having a blast in this little gem on the track I'm working on, but the AI is pretty hopeless in it. I've been tearing my hair out for a couple days trying to get them to navigate a tricky corner to no avail. I've even trying setting the AI HINT to 0.1 for that corner and they still just barrel through the corner into the runoff. It actually seems like it's gotten worse over the last day or two, as well. I had the AI to a point where they were pretty competent at the circuit in classic and other low downforce cars, up to about GT3 machinery, but it's a huge mess in these things.

The corner in question is a tight ~120 degree not-quite-hairpin with a decent drop off. It's a tricky corner, but in the RSS 3 the AI seems to just understeer straight off before the crest even happens. Can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any tips that may help the situation?

There's very little that can be done with the limited ai configuration offered by the game. Can even faster cars navigate this corner, too?

There's very little that can be done with the limited ai configuration offered by the game. Can even faster cars navigate this corner, too?

I'll have another look with the Indycars and some prototypes to see how they fair. IIRC the 2018 Indycars had some issues but not nearly as bad as the RSS3

[EDIT] Alright, did a few tests. GT3 still navigates OK (though they're a bit slow on the exit, I think I can fix that). 2018 VRC Indycars go off. Pavey Longhoods run wide, but just a bit. RSS3 pretty muchs plows straight ahead. The 2021 F1 car doesn't even brake at all.

I'll try modifying the fast line in that area and seeing if that helps some... I think I can fake it to be a tighter radius and maybe that'll help, also swap it up to be a later apex may help?

Last edited:
I'll have another look with the Indycars and some prototypes to see how they fair. IIRC the 2018 Indycars had some issues but not nearly as bad as the RSS3

[EDIT] Alright, did a few tests. GT3 still navigates OK (though they're a bit slow on the exit, I think I can fix that). 2018 VRC Indycars go off. Pavey Longhoods run wide, but just a bit. RSS3 pretty muchs plows straight ahead. The 2021 F1 car doesn't even brake at all.

I'll try modifying the fast line in that area and seeing if that helps some... I think I can fake it to be a tighter radius and maybe that'll help, also swap it up to be a later apex may help?
so this is an issue in a custom track of yours? Maybe you need a hint file to slow cars down, iirc most tracks have these, like Nordschleife for the Flugplatz/Kottenborn turns

so this is an issue in a custom track of yours? Maybe you need a hint file to slow cars down, iirc most tracks have these, like Nordschleife for the Flugplatz/Kottenborn turns

Yep. I've got a hints file and had it set up so the GT3 stuff was pretty competent. The faster stuff I can't get to work, though.

As this is not an RSS 3 specific issue I'll move over to the Dumb Questions Thread now, though!

Yep. I've got a hints file and had it set up so the GT3 stuff was pretty competent. The faster stuff I can't get to work, though.

As this is not an RSS 3 specific issue I'll move over to the Dumb Questions Thread now, though!
I just downloaded this car, tried it at Kyalami.. and it went straight off on the second corner or thereabout :roflmao: so probably really a car issue

Need some help. Just downloaded this car mod. Very cool indeed. However, I have an issue. There seems to be chunks of debris or rocks coming from the back of AI cars on the Monza track at high speed. I can also hear the rear of the RSS hitting the track repeatedly at high speeds. Don't know what is causing this. I never touched the setups or suspension. Pls see attached picture.

Inkedscreenshot rocks_LI.jpg

Need some help. Just downloaded this car mod. Very cool indeed. However, I have an issue. There seems to be chunks of debris or rocks coming from the back of AI cars on the Monza track at high speed. I can also hear the rear of the RSS hitting the track repeatedly at high speeds. Don't know what is causing this. I never touched the setups or suspension. Pls see attached picture.

View attachment 367010
Those rocks or whatever will be a CSP "feature", so bring it up with them.

As for hearing the car scrape at high speeds, thats normal, the setup is designed to run as close to the ground as possible but of course the higher the speed the more the force pushing it down, so its possible at tracks like Monza you might want to raise it a bit if its causing you issues (though I don't think it is).

Those rocks or whatever will be a CSP "feature", so bring it up with them.

As for hearing the car scrape at high speeds, thats normal, the setup is designed to run as close to the ground as possible but of course the higher the speed the more the force pushing it down, so its possible at tracks like Monza you might want to raise it a bit if its causing you issues (though I don't think it is).

Thanks, you are correct. I turned off Particle FX in CSP and that got rid of the rocks.

Hi, When downloading a mod it doesnt download as a file but as a thing not in a file, do you know what to do? What i mean is its not a zip file..

Fantastic model. Massive kudos for making the car as simulator-y as possible with all the IRL rules and limitations. I use as an actual sim (I don't have the sponsors to get myself into IRL F4 or F3) and it's fantastic so far. Even AI races work to some extent, although the AI at 100% with 10% aggressoon is pretty slow.

Sophia Floersch drives in the FIA F3 championship this season.

She did a video of her rig, but mentions Assetto Corsa and an F3 car around 9:30.

I can only assume the car is this one, and it's a ringing endorsement. "Feels really realistic".

Sophia Floersch drives in the FIA F3 championship this season.

She did a video of her rig, but mentions Assetto Corsa and an F3 car around 9:30.

I can only assume the car is this one, and it's a ringing endorsement. "Feels really realistic".

In her track guides she states directly that it's the RSS F3 V6.

Just a very small detail: according to the 2022 Technical Regulations book, the F3 should weigh a minimum of 698 kilos with the driver in, fully strapped. This one weighs 690 kilos instead. I modified it myself on my end, of course it changes absolutely nothing in the driving experience :D but, you know: realism :roflmao:

Just a very small detail: according to the 2022 Technical Regulations book, the F3 should weigh a minimum of 698 kilos with the driver in, fully strapped. This one weighs 690 kilos instead. I modified it myself on my end, of course it changes absolutely nothing in the driving experience :D but, you know: realism :roflmao:
I don't think this chassis is racing in the specification in 2022 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play