Formula One Development Proposals Revealed by Liberty Media

• Deleted member 6919

The only thing I heard was reduce grid penalties, hell yeh, they are bloody ridiculous at the moment, and I think there is going to be alot of them this year.

Huh, less radical then what I was hoping for but still pretty decent changes I guess. I really hope they follow up with some changes in the calendar and aero regulations. As it stands the new Indycar just looks better to me ( races better as well, even Alonso pointed that out ) and F1 hits some racetracks I just could not care less about. If F1 cares about its history how about ditching Baku for Imola for example or one of many other great racetracks ditched in Ernies chase of a shortsighted buck.

Ah well, end of the day I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of all this. Either things turn out alright and F1 preserves/re-earns it's king of motorsports status or some other series steps up, either way I'm hopeful.

1. Where is the part. - We understand your frustration and remove the ugly piece of useless crap called Halo, and never implement such thing on the car's ever again. 2. Stay hybrid... -1000000000000000000000. And 3. We stop raping the racetrack's with asphalt only and renew already ruined track's with trap's that belong's there. Plus additional, some track's signature part's are coming back, example Spa's bus stop.

“The wishlist of liberty media”

They should remain with the same power units and add some standard pieces. That’s the only way all manufacturers can get there at a competitive level. Ferrari is there, Renault is close, Honda will find their way, and new manufacturers can enter if there are standards pieces of the PU (the most problematic/complicated).

Rip off that front wings and make a little smaller cars. Add “all track drs allowed” rule. There you got overtakes.

And that’s all. Everything more exciting and stable for the teams. I don’t really care about F1 being faster next years. MotoGP is slower but more exciting and unpredictable.

Liberty Media is trolling us with this roadmap.

There is no word about specifics, because they think that fans are not capable of understanding them.

F.e.: today is a meeting where they talk on aerodynamics, reducing frontwing elements and enlarge the rear-wing. There is not a single word about it in the roadmap. But this information is crucial, as we real racefans know (and many in this thread mentioned).

What's wrong with Brundle and Crofty?
Probably great guys to sit down, have a beer with and talk racing...but as sports commentators...boring as hell.
AUS was my first time watching their broadcast and they offered nothing more than where the cars were currently circulating on track.
There was no speculation as to what any particular team might try with tire strategy to under-cut at pit stops...no additional facts about what the teams had done in the off season to gain performance...nothing other than 'calling' the race.
I hated the screen display format of driver's names during the race.
The lettering was extra small and the font color blended into the background, making it almost impossible to read.
In addition, there was no tire information posted... as in what tires were currently on the car..you only saw that during tire changes at pit-stop.
Just as they were cutting away to a commercial break, I saw brief flashes of the Williams and the Sauber on screen.
After the break...no mention of what had happened to the Williams, only a brief shot of Marcus walking with Sauber personnel and a mention that he was out.
In 47 years of watching F1, it had to be one of only a few instances I can recall of me just wanting to get up...walk across the room...and simply turn the television off.
It was that bad.

You know that Sky Sports aren't responsible of the onscreen display or pictures shown, right ? Except for the commentary, your issues are with FOM.
Besides, they are commenting primarily for Sky UK where they have no ad breaks. I assume you are watching ESPN adverts with breaks for F1 racing. If ESPN had dedicated commentators that could tell what happened during advertising, it could be a little better, but ESPN is broadcasting F1 on the cheap, so that's what you've got.

Less complex engines (engine modes, energy, etçª) and less complex aerodynamics...

Less Aeros, more mechanical grip...
That's the most important part for better racing...

totally and utterly agree with this, I was watching some graphic the other day of F1 cars and the aero grip%, when an F1 car comes up behind another the car in front loses about 2% of it's downforce, the car behind loses SEVENTY FRICKEN FIVE %!!! No wonder there's crud all excitement when the cars can't get close.

The idiotic grid penalties need to go. Penalizing a driver for car failures instead of the development team. What the actual f*ck is that about? Second race in & already the penalties are starting to flood the field. Everyone on the grid will be starting from the back if it continues like this. Last year was a total shambles in that regard as well, & the argument that it makes an 'interesting race' doesn't wash.:O_o:

How would you punish the team but not the driver for car failures though? The current system punishes the stronger teams more then it does the weaker teams (sauber starts at the back instead of starting at the back!), it does give more overtaking as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back