Formula One Development Proposals Revealed by Liberty Media

OMFG, just watched Moto GP Argentina and it had EVERYTHING!! Controversy, weather and a fantastic race....more excitement in that one race than the past decade of F1.

They would have to bring Senna's ghost and unretire Alain Prost to make this thing interesting again. The current crop of pilots are as interesting as a 20 hour filibuster.

In fact there is more driver drama off the track than on the track these days! Your just emotionally tied to the past.

They've just restated every contradictory aim we've had for ages. How is it to be achieved? That's the question. That said I think political infighting is part of the fabric of f1 now

NOW i think you forget the past. I have been watching since 86 and political infighting is as much apart of the sport as the track results, without it F1 would be much less intresting.

A newbie to F1 reading this thread would be led to think that F1 is crap when in reality F1 is great. It has been great since it started many decades ago. It is probably longest running race series it has the most spectators with a worldwide audience.
The world is now a sour bitch of a place. Blame the internet.

This probably means FIA does whatever it wants before the April 30 deadline to publish rules for 2019 the easy way.

That's not good. There is an interesting bit mentioned on Sky News yesterday, the teams were all, everybody, against limitations on front wing complexity. Many of us here were thinking along the same lines. You need to give teams who are good at aero something to tinker with while the engine-focused teams have lots of things to tinker with on the engine. And the front wing generally makes airflow smoother and more linear (to make it not bounce off all the junk in the back of the car). The complex wings are probably improving airflow for the car behind, not damaging it. And aero work is cheap, and team-local.

If there is no agreement and FIA just published their half-baken ideas they went in with you probably have a bunch of "cost-saving" measures that save no cost and a bunch of overtaking changes that backfire.
The front wing is the cause of most aero issues in F1, and stops drafting period, to simplify the front wing would make for more competitive racing due to less dirty air and more down force for the car attempting the overtake, which means more excitement for the paying punters and viewers.

Watch the following video's, and you'll see the issues front wings create.

The front wing is the cause of most aero issues in F1, and stops drafting period, to simplify the front wing would make for more competitive racing due to less dirty air and more down force for the car attempting the overtake, which means more excitement for the paying punters and viewers.

Watch the following video's, and you'll see the issues front wings create.

exactly, I'm really saddened by the teams response to the front wing issue and as far as I'm concerned that is the final nail in the coffin. I have gone from an avid follower of F1 to watching 1/3 the races in 2015, a couple of them in 2016 and NONE last year and none so far this year. F1 is completely and utterly dead to me until they get off their fat stupid arses and sort out the front wings. But then again I know they don't care about one persons opinion and I couldn't give a rats hairy crack because there is SO MUCH better motorsport out there to watch and I just do not have the time to watch it all anyway.

In fact there is more driver drama off the track than on the track these days! Your just emotionally tied to the past.

And you're emotionally tied to the present, which inevitably will be the past (it already is). Many things are better now, many things were better in the past. Although 20 years in the future sane people will be in no doubt this was a crap era of F1.

After finishing yesterday's race we watched a 1998 race.

It isn't all better. 1998 had a lot of fun-lowering factors, too. But without a question we enjoyed the 1998 race more.

And that is with Bahrain being much better than Albert Park, especially for US audiences.

Funny to say that because NASCAR has a lot of freedom on development, looks spec but really isn't, far more open than Indycar for example

Seriously? The bodies are the same, they use lasers instead of templates to make sure. They use a Ford truck rear end regardless of the make. I could go on and on but.....
Indycar is about the same. Really comes down to engine in either series being the only difference.

Seriously? The bodies are the same, they use lasers instead of templates to make sure. They use a Ford truck rear end regardless of the make. I could go on and on but.....
Indycar is about the same. Really comes down to engine in either series being the only difference.
Did I say specifically aero? No. Aero is not everything on a car (and aero has hurt racing more than it helped lately, let's be honest here).
Under the hood there is a ton of freedom in NASCAR as long as you stay in the rules obviously, they have some races you must use a specific enigne (I think they call sealed), but other than that you can develop a lot of stuff, some teams make their own engines and many other parts that can be different from the manufacturer and so on. Dont know how it is nowadays but back in the V8 F1 regs you had more engine design freedom in NASCAR than in F1.
Read their rule book, people have a very wrong view of NASCAR because it looks redneck. You can call Indycar and DTM spec series, but not NASCAR, just nope.
People should inform themselves more before hitting the disagree button, but who cares :D
Nuff said.

Nascar and DTM are make-believe shows closer to Wrestling than car racing. Generic cars (all teams the same) with some plastic bits that make it look like some street cars. Not worth more than a paintjob. No thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back