Formula One 2050: McLaren Style

That is if humans are still here and we haven't killed each other. Mclaren F1 is definitely not going to be around by then and we are still going to be talking about not having any flying cars.

The car looks so predator like, it looks like it could dig and drill through the the ground to find a last drop of oil for itself.

I wish they will find a cheap way to synthesize oil, so cars could be happy and smiling.

Well..... I must admit this doesn't excite me at all... plus the world will have pretty much destroyed itself by 2050 anyway, so we will probably be watching something more akin to this by then:

View attachment 287488
I think you should give future us more credit, much more likely it will feature advanced technologies such as diffusers, side skirts and efficient aerodynamics. More like this
jockey-racing-a-horse-drawn-carriage-victorian-era-BKR36C.jpg

I got bored :(

I could care less what happens in 2050...they need to hurry up and invent warp drive so that in 2063, as predicted in the sacred tapes, the Vulcans will make first contact and hopefully take you F1 "true believers" away :roflmao:

It's not for me... too much futuristic.
It feels like playing an arcade game. Hopefully McLaren predictions are wrong...

At least they are failing to accomplish what they are currently trying to achieve. Them predicting the future is beyond me. I guess I am going to stay happy as long as they are failing.

thank god I'll be senile by 2050 :)

(such a ghastly vision of the future, some circuit looking like the Citadel in Mass Effect, sited on some expensive real estate with the cliffs and blue ocean, whizzing cars cheered on by the super rich - hard to read anything else into that mock up. Good to see they have designed a track that looks like it's impossible to overtake on though haha)
And I'm ashes

Not a single original idea in this concept.
Not an attractive vehicle.
Not an image even remotely possible in 31 years' time.

Look back at what F1 was 31 years ago. Look at it now. Notice how it really hasn't changed all that much? I'm getting really, really bored of all these design student future race car concepts that are pure conceptual wank. Almost nothing in them even makes sense. Almost no rules in racing are made to make the cars faster. That's not going to change simply 'because future.'

Also, the reason most race circuits don't 'scythe through the main streets' is because almost nobody actually wants that. People have places to be, businesses to run. You can't shut down the major parts of a city for a stupidly-expensive sport that, let's face it, the vast majority of the world's population doesn't give a damn about. Putting a race in a major city also doesn't get the fans closer to the action - in modern F1 circuits the viewing areas are located in a different time zone for safety, not because it's not a city. Again, 'because future' doesn't change that.

For all the talk about morphing surfaces and active aero, that concept vehicle has obviously never seen a CFD simulation.

I'd love to see a good near future race concept that actually thinks about anything in a rational and logical way, taking into account how the sport actually evolves and develops. These design wank exercises serve no purpose at all.

And I say that as a designer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back