Formula One 2050: McLaren Style

Stands below the track... So they'll pay overpriced tickets to watch the race on their cell phone.:D

No you will have "Real" portable ultralight 8K VR Headsets :coffee: ...... with ability to watch like you are driving, any camera any angle with instant rewinds

Big screens and TV style replays would be obsolete ;)

P.S. I would think cell phones would be long forgotten

Last edited:
I think you made my point ;)

2050 belongs to the kids of the future who will know no better
When they watch old races of Lewis and Co. they will laugh at the funny looking, slow old cars
that sound so loud you can't hear anything else you are doing ....on your 8K headsets

Everyone in the crowd will be using the VR feature on their contact lenses to see what the drivers see. So the seating doesn't really matter. Hopefully there will still be internal combustion engines on future race cars or at least some noise other than an electric whir.

looking at the sponsors ... really ... in 2050 there will be Dell, Logitech sponsoring F100000000 ... haha
Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 13.05.40.png

Well, what do you expect from a company that lets the best simracers in the world compete against each other on Tablets...
:rolleyes:

Hmm, electric cars powered by the track?

They've discovered Scalextrix!:roflmao:
Hope they include the chicanes, crossovers & the 'High Hump Bridge'......

Boring looking car, boring sounding technology. I know F1 is supposed to be at the cutting edge or racing tech but this? I don't think so... not in 50 years and certainly not in 31. I think there's going to come a point when even the next generation of techno-kids will say, you know what? Can't we go back to racing being man/woman against man/woman instead of tech against tech?

Even if they don't, with affordability and budget caps being proposed now in 2019, who's going to have the money to build something even remotely that advanced by 2050 anyway? And who's going to build those wondrous sleek-looking cities featured in the image? Pure fantasy.

I'd say World War 3 is more likely to become reality by 2050 than that McLaren... :poop:

Actually like the look of the car from a design standpoint, but it's basically driving on 8 pieces of rubber the size of a motorcycle-tire. Is there magnetic traction making it basically lanechanging slotcars?

This concept would make quite an original mod. Nice change for all this "try to be hyper realistic" sims.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Forum trophies