Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!! FLM Rules Announcement !!!

As you all now earn less PP than before (6PP max in 3 races instead of 9), the maximum amount of PP you can carry over from a season to an other will be lowered at 5PP (instead of 10) so you can spend more during the last market.

In the same time, now you don't choose your "sponsor" I'll test something for next year. At the beginning of a season, some teams are doomed because their sponsor goal is almost impossible to achieve. And if you can't change your sponsor.. you can't do anything against that. So what I will do is to index your sponsor objective on the average pace of your car. How it works :
cnWaLxS.png

Current sponsor / New sponsor :
Tier1 - 19.0PP Ligier Top3 Top2
Tier1 - 18.5PP Williams Top3 Top3
Tier1 - 17.5PP Ferrari Top3 Top4
Tier1 - 17.0PP Arrows Top3 Top5
Tier2 - 16.5PP Sauber Top8 Top7
Tier2 - 14.0PP Tyrrell Top8 Top8
Tier2 - 13.0PP Honda Top8 Top9
Tier2 - 13.0PP McLaren Top8 Top9
Tier3 - 12.5PP Jordan Top12 Top12
Tier3 - 10.0PP Minardi Top12 Top13
Tier3 - 7.5PP Benetton Top12 Top14

I dont quite understand that change.

You still cant change your sponsor.
If everything works like it should (without pace surprises), everyone more or less gets their sponsor.

If you upgrade your car to achieve your sponsor, your sponsor rises, too.

Means, drivers will be extremely important and make the difference.

I dont think it is a fair solution to the problem.

I just think you need to stop changing the rules. You tried several seasons ago to fix what wasn't broken. Now that the fix didn't work like you wanted, you've made changes like 4 straight seasons. Please stop.

I just think you need to stop changing the rules. You tried several seasons ago to fix what wasn't broken. Now that the fix didn't work like you wanted, you've made changes like 4 straight seasons. Please stop.
Well i thought so too after season 1 of the game and after the start of season 2, where there was another big change.

But it turned out to be good, just different, making it an exciting game.
I am always skeptical if there is a change, but most of the time they were not bad. But i am concerned about this one, same as i was when the last bigger change was made.

@Meff28s I think you will create a mess with this. First of all: max earning was 9pp and now is 6pp. Carry-over was 10pp and you want it to be 5pp. You should have carryover bigger than maximum gain. Then last market period has purpose, as teams either go for this or next season.
For example Williams in 1994, I went all in on last market period (plus thinking Senna will go to B :D), counting on Schumacher to save me in Tier1 in 1995. (Because I would start with much less PP) With new system I would go all in and still won 5-6pp and carried over maximum 5pp. Which would probably see Schumacher/Senna dominate 1995 without issue and not allow Milos and Arrows to fight with weaker drivers but stronger car(they wouldn't have it with 5pp carryover).
As for sponsors, why top T1 and T2 have harder sponsor in new system and top T3 has still only top12? I agree with Ben on this topic.

With new system I would go all in and still won 5-6pp and carried over maximum 5pp. Which would probably see Schumacher/Senna dominate 1995 without issue and not allow Milos and Arrows to fight with weaker drivers but stronger car(they wouldn't have it with 5pp carryover).
^

@all
It is a tiny tiny change. It's only an adjustment. And most of all, it doesn't change anything for you. The game is kept as it is and you play the exact same way.

• First of all about the amount of PP you can carry over. Since 30 seasons, you almost all succeed in saving the max PP at the end of the season. And if someone decides to spend during the last market, he's just screwed for next season, no matter what happen. So nobody never spends all at the end. It means that in fact I should simulate the last 6 races together as you almost spend nothing. It shouldn't work this way. So I give you the possibility to fight for a position, a title, 'till the end without destroying your next season.

• Now for the sponsors. I said there many times that I wanted to just get rid of sponsors. I don't like the reward system, I don't think it's fair as the better results you get, the more PP you'll get, the more good results you'll be able to get and so on.. So making the sponsors "variable" is a way for me to give sort of an automatic PP reward.. but not 100% automatic. But those new "sponsors" are quite exactly the same as what we had previously (when we had the choice of sponsors). You're a top Tier1 team, you used to play Podium because it's easy when you've got the best car. You know that you'll have a shitty car but you're in Tier1, you used to play Top6 to survive.. You're in Tier2 with many PP to spend in the car, you could play Top6...etc... But when a Tier3 team just overtakes every Tier2 teams in terms of pace.. I don't think it's fair to destroy all Tier2 teams income and to make the Tier3 team gets its sponsor way too easily.
Now why this table ? It's simple. If you've got the best car, a Podium is a little bit to easy to achieve. So Top 2 is fair IMO. If you've got the second best car, a podium is a good sponsor. If you've got the third best car, Podium can already be taken by two teams above you.. so Top 4 is almost like Podium but a little bit more achievable. If you've got the fourth best car, a podium is almost impossible to get, but a Top5 is. Those changes are just one or two positions different from what we had, it's not a big deal.

Well. Whatever. I just play with whatever PP I have and stopped worrying about the maths a long time ago. I do enough maths at work, anyways. Curious, though. If the worst car finishes in the theoretical P10 but is really a DNF, does he get the sponsor? I wonder how many bottom tier cars are going to get the sponsor just because enough cars ahead DNF.

Since 30 seasons, you almost all succeed in saving the max PP at the end of the season. And if someone decides to spend during the last market, he's just screwed for next season, no matter what happen. So nobody never spends all at the end. It means that in fact I should simulate the last 6 races together as you almost spend nothing. It shouldn't work this way. So I give you the possibility to fight for a position, a title, 'till the end without destroying your next season.
Actually, it was only since the risky sponsors got too good and everyone was getting mad PP. It's already quite easy to save PP for next season, so much that Williams, who fought very fiercly in 94, could still win the drivers title in 95. If anything, the limit should be raised to 15, at 5 there is no point in having a limit at all tbh just resetting everything does the same thing

JOLO9bu.png

1996 Formula One Season (7-9)

iHnPGP2.png

ee7sNuw.png

XXx7vUC.png

ZtUszet.png

9GuaBHi.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

LRFsxVi.png

my drivers is:poop::poop::poop: want to fire one of them at the end of season
It's not just drivers, your team is 3rd in Aero and 6-7th in Engine tracks. Alesi would probably get 2nd in Canada but I think that Berger had a good day there. ;)

@Meff28s this aaero/engine talk brought me to yesterday's discussion. If you change sponsors as you say, will sponsor be the same for all tracks or you will have a list for aero and engine tracks? On example of Arrows now, would you use balanced value for all or put them 3rd on aero and 7th on engine tracks?

iebM1Kf.png

1996 Formula One Season (10-12)

Pq61M3e.png

PfgB6C6.png

LlV8TVC.png

Ww0ztBU.png

n8EI7bH.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

uYDpmvf.png

Oh come on, I know the championship was decided in Brazil but this reliability is... With 10% advantage we had same DNF rate and with equal, Ligier has less DNFs.
If I knew that based on some data in this universe (I don't know which one) Hakkinen was better than Schumacher in 1996 and Irvine almost on his level, I would vote for title much differently.
Breathe, breathe, 1,2,...,9,10,9,8,...1, well deserved @rubaru, congrats. We will come back stronger :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back