Formula Hybrid 2021 | F1 2021 Community Skin Pack

Skins Formula Hybrid 2021 | F1 2021 Community Skin Pack 1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheSourceOfTheNile updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | F1 2021 Community Skin Pack with a new update entry:

New 2021 Hamilton Helmet | All Driver Helmets Now Finished

Changelog 1.5:
- Included the final helmet in the pack for Lewis Hamilton by the fantastic @JSoria
- Fixed bug where Raikkonen's helmet texture would overload onto Giovinazzi's helmet and vice versa

View attachment 463384

This should be the final main content update for the mod. From this point onward I'm calling the pack to be "finished" and will only be updating it when other skin modders update their skin or if any other mods in the pack get updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

it would be nice to have the package with the 8k skins like the mercedes: D

great job: D great !!!!
I would but one of my biggest goals is to have the pack be lightweight and optimized for race grids. What you can do is update the pack by installing the chassis_p.dds, chassis_p_map.dds, and ext_logos....dds files to from the 8k skins and overwrite the 4k ones in the pack if you'd like

TheSourceOfTheNile updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | F1 2021 Community Skin Pack with a new update entry:

F1 2021 Gloves Pack & Fixed Merc

Changelog 1.6:
- Fixed the green tint on Bottas's skin by replacing the 2021_Chassis_P.dds, 2021_Chassis_P_MAP.dds, and 2021_HR_Map_2K_RESOLUTION_MAX!.dds with advice from @TcKModder
- New Preview for Bottas
View attachment 463953

- F1 2021 Gloves Pack by @BlackToof featuring new and improved gloves for:
- Lewis Hamilton
- Valtteri Bottas
- Max Verstappen
- Sergio Perez
- Lando Norris
- Danniel Ricciardo

New 3D Parts, Mercedes, Alpine, and Other Details

Changelog 1.7:
- Updated Mercedes with adjusted logos for Imola, updated seats, glossy carbon, and many other changes
- New Aston Martin driver gloves, driver suit normal map, and new crew suit, crew gloves, and crew helmet textures by @Qtaro
- New 3D Add-Ons for Mercedes and Aston Martin by @ben32star
- Reworked ext_config.ini files for Hamilton, Bottas, Stroll, and Vettel to include 3D add-ons
- Updated Alpine A521 by @HazeRacingDesign with new...

Team Steering Wheels

Changelog 1.8:
- Team Steering Wheels by @Ricardo Gomes for AlphaTauri, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes, and Red Bull
- Updated Aston Martin by @Qtaro with tweaks and adjustments to UV for Stroll's number, steering wheel logos, gloves, and more
- Updated previews for Aston Martin

View attachment 466846
View attachment 466847
View attachment 466848

Not sure I care for the new steering wheel carbon texture. May just have to be something to get used to. Have you seen the conversation on RSS discord channel regarding the skins for this vehicle? They are saying some of the channels have been done improperly and are showing artifacts due to this. If you are not on their discord, there is a bunch of good information on it. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Not sure I care for the new steering wheel carbon texture. May just have to be something to get used to. Have you seen the conversation on RSS discord channel regarding the skins for this vehicle? They are saying some of the channels have been done improperly and are showing artifacts due to this. If you are not on their discord, there is a bunch of good information on it. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
I've seen that on their Discord, but unfortunately I'm unable to fix direct problems in the UV or UV Specular maps without access to the skin modder's templates. I feel this would be overreaching to go out and do such edits on an original mod author's intellectual property and have steered clear of doing any direct edits to the texture files other than minor compression and removing mipmaps.

Plus with the constant updates on a lot of skins, I'd have to redo my work repeatedly for every skin whenever it gets updated, which is at times is almost daily. All I know is that the AlphaTauri's specular map that I made is just fine and was lucky enough to receive a compliment from CC for my work. As for the improper spec maps on some cars, you may be able to point them out in this thread and encourage others to have the original mod authors to fix them.

Last edited:
I was in no way saying for you to do this. I was just forwarding the info to the discussion where all the mods are at. I thought the others would see this but I could be mistaken. I really like the pack and feel that this plus the sound mod from ACFAN completes the car.

First of all, amazing work. Ive rated this pack 5 stars!

Anyway, ive found some inaccuracies/problems/bugs that i want to report (no offense intended) to make this the perfect skin pack!

After installing it, both alpine cars have the blue solid buttons on the wheel (fixed it by myself editing the dds file on photoshop)
View attachment 460585
Only the ferrari cars have yellow button (not solid, just the letters) but every other cars have blue letters (fixed it by myself editing the dds file on photoshop)
View attachment 460586
Both alpha tauri have a generic RSS driver suit and not the official one (fixed it by changing the 2 driver suit files)
View attachment 460588
Both Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacker have the same orange helmet (still good looking tho!). (Now fixed with latest update, thank you!)
View attachment 460591View attachment 460592

Again, thank you for your amazing work.
Hello Taach,
Since you changed some of the templates via Photoshop, can you please help me to understand something?
I have been trying to change some "small" things in the Layouts of Cars and Helmets of the mod, using Photoshop and saving the files as .DDS (the same used). However, when I change/edit the files in the skin folder, in the game my edited templates never show and they got like one color. Like the car livery gets all black and the helmet becomes all black too.

Do you know what am I doing wrong? Should the .dds be saved in a different format/output? I mean those alpha/normal styles? Sorry I'm not 100% familiar with the differences between them.

Thank you.

Hello Taach,
Since you changed some of the templates via Photoshop, can you please help me to understand something?
I have been trying to change some "small" things in the Layouts of Cars and Helmets of the mod, using Photoshop and saving the files as .DDS (the same used). However, when I change/edit the files in the skin folder, in the game my edited templates never show and they got like one color. Like the car livery gets all black and the helmet becomes all black too.

Do you know what am I doing wrong? Should the .dds be saved in a different format/output? I mean those alpha/normal styles? Sorry I'm not 100% familiar with the differences between them.

Thank you.
Hi Frednunes,
I'm sorry but I'm afraid that i can't help you with your problem.
Never heard of that issue before!

Anyway, within this great mods community, hopefully you will find someone that will help you.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea