Formula E "Attack Mode"!

Now.. this is exactly what they should do to differentiate from "traditional" car racing! We may not like it, but I believe "we" are not their target market. They were targeting a different kind of new audiences, young and old, men and women.

Last edited:
It's not real racing since they're not using fossil fuels, so why are some of you even bothering to comment? Then again, Formula 1 still uses petrol and we all know how much the diehards LOVE modern F1... :roflmao:

I personally like the idea, curious to see how it pans out although if it's as exaggerated as the first video clip, it might be too much (I wonder if the defending driver can purposely block the attack mode line and use it for themselves?)...I'm all for traditional racing tactics, but I don't think they should be afraid to try something new and bold either. If they stuck to driving cars like the 1960's, half the fans would be pissed that there's no innovation in racing anymore. You just can't please everybody.

At least they are doing something interesting with the series, which is something Formula 1 abandoned many years ago. "Oh look, let's slap this halo device on our cars and call ourselves progressive!" Why not just have AI control the cars and remove all the safety devices so there can be something exciting to watch again??

They can't innovate anymore because they've banned every real innovation that is noteworthy. There is nowhere else to go.

Let's face it; F1 is old-hat. It has to die and another has to take its place. I mean unless you think watching a bunch of pampered rich kids drive around in circles single file to entertain the global elite as they wheel and deal is a good time then cool, but I don't think that's what most people want who are racing fans (I could be wrong though!)

Last edited:
At least they are doing something interesting with the series, which is something Formula 1 abandoned many years ago. "Oh look, let's slap this halo device on our cars and call ourselves progressive!" Why not just have AI control the cars and remove all the safety devices so there can be something exciting to watch again??
(I could be wrong though!)

Nobody in F1 claims they are "progressive".
Wheras Formula E is so progressive that the first round is in Saudia Arabia.Yes that place where women are treated like cattle & have just been allowed to drive.

Formula E is mostly funded by virtue signalling Mayors of large cities that like to advertise their green credentials by using taxpayers money to pay large sanctioning fees to fly the Formula E circus to their city.The tax payers must be thrilled.

Religion and politics has no place

It is here to stay and many more car companies will come for R&D application of their future business models

It is like a throwback to 60's when F1 changes really affected your average road car
ie disc brakes, radial ply tyres etc etc

Now FE will do the same for electrics

Last thought .......proof of concept Pikes Peak

Last edited:
Question after all this talk lets see how many of you will end up watching it? ......Dec 15th...its free to watch. i have a list of all channels broadcasting for free :)

It does not sound silly, it is silly.

Now.. this is exactly what they should do to differentiate from "traditional" car racing! We may not like it, but I believe "we" are not their target market. They were targeting a different kind of new audiences, young and old, men and women.
I don't understand why being young or female would prevent anyone from enjoying real racing.

The truth is FE has always been boring and they inject artificial gimmicks to try and make it interesting - instead of moving the series to actual tracks where drivers can race.

Question after all this talk lets see how many of you will end up watching it? ......Dec 15th...its free to watch. i have a list of all channels broadcasting for free :)

I will watch it because the new cars with no mid race pit stop look much better & there is no other racing on at this time of year.

Also difficult to criticize afterwards if you have not watched it........:sneaky:

So instead of using your trained skills to drive as fast as possible you intentionaly drive a slower line and be able to be faster then the most skilled driver.

Honestly, there is so much wrong with this idea. Fanboost already was a horrible idea
because it is the exactly opposite of what competition means.

I actually like the idea of Formula E but at the moment it does so many things wrong.

It does not sound silly, it is silly.

I don't understand why being young or female would prevent anyone from enjoying real racing.

The truth is FE has always been boring and they inject artificial gimmicks to try and make it interesting - instead of moving the series to actual tracks where drivers can race.

The business model does not allow for this.Tracks like Brands Hatch or Hockenheim will not cough up the sanctioning fee because they would probably not sell enough tickets.They are competing with large cities that will pay with tax payers money & they can fill their hotels for the weekend.
Liberty Media(F1 owner) is a shareholder so when the cars get faster & last longer watch Formula E get rolled into F1 along with all the manufacturers.....

Just more artificial overtakes. Why not go all in and do loopings and sidewall corners like a rollercoaster, tunnels where u drive on the ceiling .....

Give them time...and we will have missiles, guns and wipeout soundtrack...
I think "weapons" could be fun; some sort of "gun" you can use to slow down an opponent, but they could get a "shield". It's the only way we'll ever get near Wipeout haha!

Cold Storage should be the new Formula E EJ

Meanwhile even a lowly Formula 4 car would run circles around the FE cars. Guess you have to do something to mask the fundamental slowness of these cars. Perhaps I'm just old. (and late for bed:))

The Gen2 Formula E cars now have a top speed of 280kmh, putting it in F3 territory

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back