Formula E "Attack Mode"!

Look at the track map...seems like all the attack mode zones are on hairpin or fairly tight corners in this example. Seems like a boost of power isn’t gonna really help your ability to come out of those corners ahead of the defender when you’re far off the racing line (again, in this proposed video)...you might have a slightly higher exit speed but using too much of the corner...so the results may vary. I still think trying it once couldn’t hurt.

I wonder if racing horse owners 100 years ago had a forum to rant over these automobiles ruining “true” racecraft....:whistling:

Seems like they are trying a bit too hard to pander to younger audiences that are entertained by gimmicks and crashes. It would be interesting to see how it turns out, but for now it seems a it too artificial.

Everyone who thinks it takes no skill to go off the racing line to hit a bonus point and still be competitive under racing conditions is just talking out of the ass!
This actually takes some balls to do guys.
Thing is, that was done for years in any kind of circuit racing, in race conditions you not always are presented with perfect racing line.
But people stayed competitive doing this without the nitro button.

Last edited:
Disgusting!

The only bright spot is that NASCAR and F1 don't have to worry about looking like a bunch of idiots while these clown are around.

I think "weapons" could be fun; some sort of "gun" you can use to slow down an opponent, but they could get a "shield". It's the only way we'll ever get near Wipeout haha!

If they add this finally Sebastien Buemi will come to his own! He usually doesn't even know who hit him so in return it would be a complete grid wipeout. :D

I can see the day I stop watching current motorsports getting closer. When this day comes, I'll be glad that I've spent money buying hard drives to store old races.

Yeah in 20 years time and your boy will walk in with mates and they will laugh at the funny looking slow race cars your watching :)

It could add some extra overtaking action, as all these tracks are narrow street circuits with mostly one optimal racing line possible. So overtaking is really hard, when the car in front of you keeps it a bit wide its almost impossible. But my guess is that taking the outside of a corner is still not a good idea, as it's full of dust, marbles and debris.

Hey, no problem with this at all, because it isn't replacing any current series, so I wont miss anything. They can do whatever they want in their series. But when FIA starts ****ing with the big series, like the rallycross WC, where they will replace the I4 turbos with electric, things get bad, Audi and Peugeot is already out because of the electric engines, and Germany and USA is dropped as race locations, probably because of the fewer amount of cars. They should do just like FE, run a series standalone, and not **** up the working ones. I'm not against the electric cars on the roads that much (except the fact that the batteries are really bad for the environment), but please don't destroy the running series... (a bit of topic, i know, sorry)

F-E doesn't have to be F1 or any other category. I think it's cool that they're experimenting different stuff while the category is still fresh and new, and I think these tests/tryouts are all welcome. F-E needs to be new, different, and they're pretty much so far in the right path. They'll only know if this is going to work after they try. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it does and makes the race somehow unexpectedly exciting. You guys are judging too soon. And for many of you this category wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Yeah in 20 years time and your boy will walk in with mates and they will laugh at the funny looking slow race cars your watching :)
What? You laugh when people watch classics from 20+ years ago? You got some kind of mental issue? I never saw anyone laughing at old stuff (except for comedy and old terror movies, they are kind of the same thing)

Yeah and your average next gen kid listens to rock n roll too................:rolleyes:

:roflmao:

Oh

Truth is most people could not care less what engine powers their car as long as it gets A to B

In 20 years when electric is common place combustion will be classed as dirty and noisy ................by the majority .....minority never counts you know that

edit :)
" All-electric TT Zero bikes break famous 120 mph barrier at Isle of Man TT "
Every year they take more out of the gap .while Superbike is stuck at 0.5 -1 MPH a year.
I predict in 10 years they will be fastest. there .........it is law of physics, electric is more tractable more torque....... ... FI torque could not pull the skin off a rice pudding

Last edited:
To me it's not that bad that they are experimenting with formula E, it seems a better addition than Fan Boost.
It looks like the driver will have to choose between risking and taking a worse line to get a boost or go in the ideal line.
It might not be that easy not to lose time in a worse line.

Most all the people are fans of F1 / Le Mans hybrid years are hypocrites or deadly silent
Neither class would have been as quick or exciting without electrics

Motorsports lovers, we must be the most opinionated lot :)

Combustion is everything then you mention Top Fuel in the same sentence your in for a caning to nowhere

A wing produces 12,000 pound down force
sensors developed by AVL Racing showed peak power over 11,000 hp
10,000nm of torque more then most locomotives
accelerate to 100mph over 3 times faster then a 911Turbo can do 60mph

But to most "motorsports" lovers they are silly :O_o:

Glad I can like and appreciate all .......just saying

Of course my favourite eras are bygone years I am not billy or mental

To me it's not that bad that they are experimenting with formula E, it seems a better addition than Fan Boost.
It looks like the driver will have to choose between risking and taking a worse line to get a boost or go in the ideal line.
It might not be that easy not to lose time in a worse line.

Tough audience here Andrea

If they did 400kph upside down would still be.......................
tenor.gif

Most all the people are fans of F1 / Le Mans hybrid years are hypocrites or deadly silent
Neither class would have been as quick or exciting without electrics
Oh my god. The whole of your posts, but I'm going to quote that.

First, calling F1 or Le Mans (WEC) exciting.
Second, the hybrid F1 cars couldn't break the old V10 records of 15 years ago, so they had to add tons of downforce for that, and make the tires wider and bring the hyper mega soft tires.

The real hypocrisy, is the push for the so called green energy (battery production is everything but green) so taxes could be added on that, and make suckers pay their electric cars twice the price of regular cars, and pay the lease for the battery on top of that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%