Featured Formula E "Attack Mode"!

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by leon_90, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +264
    Just wait a few years...:D

2. Rot Teufel

Rot Teufel

Ratings:
    +225
    they have should be faster this year according to Agag when he said it during first year of FE life. What happened? Hey let's put some limitations on engines, powertrain, postpone the new batteries... that's really sad... i hoped they could became a serious motorsport series, but i'll remain a bad electric showcase...

you don't say it (cit.)
    Even FE for this year has put some limitations on engines and powertrains.

a late april fool one

Consider that they should be run this year at Pau and Montecarlo on all their lenght. Agag denies it. Seriously, they alwasy run at Donnington as test track, why don't race on those annuced tracks?

even in the most arcade racing games (with all possible powerups) driving on the right lane is essential to win and set the best time. I was thinking about the recent Horizon Chase Turbo: if you want win and complete each track catching all bonus, you need to drive on the right racing lane, no excuses or you'll lose...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. leclettico

leclettico

Ratings:
    +80
    Evidently, somewhere, somehow, we did something wrong.
    I think that we really should not be surprised.
    These changes come from the last decades of reality mixed with videogames, and tv, and movies. The (younger?) ruling classes of FIA absorbed these influences and the younger crowds of motorsport consider them legit and funny.

4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,623
    Yes you could also make it a tactical issue like you say. Let them use as much push-to-pass as they want but obviously they have to watch they don't use too much, so the driver and team need to work together to make sure they don't run the car out of electrical energy.

I'll be tuning into the first few races to see what they are like, worth another shot with all the changes and on the whole the races I saw did have good action in I will admit.

I wish they were on slicks though, I know it's the road car link, and maybe saves on costs but they would just look better in my view.

5. Hor-hay

Hor-hay

Ratings:
    +66
    Well it's better then fan boost, at least every driver will be able to use it.

If it gives the fastest lap time won't every car use it making it the 'ideal line' and kind of pointless in the end.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +264
    It's the limited power supply of the batteries that prevents the use of slicks afaik...

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +18
    Pathetic.

8. Nevini

Nevini
    Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    Milk float racing is more fun than this.

9. jpalesi

jpalesi

Ratings:
    +34
    I can see the day I stop watching current motorsports getting closer. When this day comes, I'll be glad that I've spent money buying hard drives to store old races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Davide Sciacca

Davide Sciacca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    I knew it...another 20 years and we will have a real Wipeout style Formula.

Just...the will figure out for the crowd how to dodge missile and plasma cannon rounds...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. larre90

larre90

Ratings:
    +54
    Wasn't that supposed to be the "Future of Motorsports"?

Honestly, what went wrong with the FIA to consider that a good idea?

12. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +197
    That would be sports prototypes ( which were road legal for many years ) - they have far more relevance to road cars as tech demos than short-duration openwheelers do. Jaguar put disk brakes on their Le Mans cars in the 50s, etc etc. The future in endurance racing is looking more like hydrogen, not trying to LARP console racers.

13. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +107
    what a load of crap

anyone miss the days when drivers were just given cars and told to race?

thank god the blancpain series exists

14. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +132
    Does this come with Japanese style Eurobeat? If so, I'm sold. =D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +16
    Are these “activation points” going to be actual physical sensors embedded in the circuits or are they virtual things that are somehow measured/activated? More specifically, I’m wondering how precisely these activation points are implemented.

If you think about it, this system can somehow tell where a car is on the track. If you can implement these activation points with a reasonable degree of accuracy, then could they implement two or more of them in a “line” to police track limits in F1 or other series?

16. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    They can't even go 2 turns without crashing into eachother (not an insult on the drivers, it's just the way the tracks are set up). What makes the FIA think adding a new "jump outside the line, get power, and swipe in front for a pass" will result in anything other than complete chaos?

17. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,037
    What.....

18. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +316
    My gast is well and truly flabbered, what an insane crock of crud. I'd rather have my balls tatooed with a rusty old needle and hammer than watch FE.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. RMR1

RMR1
    Rainer Maria Rosemaier Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Everyone who thinks it takes no skill to go off the racing line to hit a bonus point and still be competitive under racing conditions is just talking out of the ass!
    This actually takes some balls to do guys.
    But hey, we are in one of the most conservative sports here, so no wonder new approaches are being flamed in advance...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sky

Sky
    Premium

Ratings:
    +223
    why can't they just try racing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.