Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

Is it a bug that in the aerodynamics setup menu there is the option to change the front wing angle and the frontspoiler? But the description for Frontspoiler shows Rearspoiler. Can you confirm that the Frontspoiler is the rearspoiler/wing?

Are you using the german UI?

If so, it's a bug of the german version of AC.

In german version the rear wing is labeled as 'Frontspoiler', in the english one it's 'Rear Wing Position'.

Alright, then thats AC related and nothing with the car. Thanks

Edit: For the VRC Williams it shows rear wing and the explanation says frontspoiler. That is weird. Maybe I should switch to english.

WIP :)
62npkt.png

Beautiful car ;)

Edit: less compressed image.

Last edited:
Yeah, almost forgot that little side track. And aside from that there are some alterations to the cars in their current state.

BTW, are the skirts fully working on the car or is that only an impression because of the chassis settling at high speed?

"Simple 4k skins pack, replaces the original 2k skin_00.dds in each folder." Looking at the resource, you're only supposed to place/overwrite those dds files in the existing folders. Hence no need to repack previews.

@A3DR , shouldn't be more incline on tyres' profile?
Now the tyres are too vertical ? ( i hope you understand what i mean)

e64de59302e9fc1a13b7670875829fed.jpg

We've been through all that, search for ALL the pics of a Lotus 79 you can find and you'll find a lot of different tires on them, so I've went with a certain "middle ground", somewhere between too fat and too thin (but still the tread width is exactly like the tires used on the '78 season) :)

Lotus-79-Cosworth-3692.jpg

Same for the mirrors and front wing fins, it's a mix between the 1978 and 1979 car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.