Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

Indeed, an update will come, I already fixed those as I've mentioned before and a couple of small things too. Keep in mind it's only been a week since the release, we all needed a small break.

Many thank with tha right update this mod. will very realistic

And finally a classic car from you, guys, really love it, amazing production, worth the money for sure.

First of all - the sound is incredible. It feels very natural, beautiful sound. Perfect model. And quality physics.

The car has its very own feeling and it is fun to drive, there were nothing else like this before in AC, IIRIC. Amount of downforce is insane, it is incredible how little effort it takes to take fast curves (well at least at my pace), but when the medium speed curves comes..... Medium speed bends are real challenge I really love it, downforce effects becomes lower, and room for error increases so much :)

I have few notes about physics, I'm not saying that it is incorect, but for me it is suspicious. Already mentioned top speed issue. And the way car behaves under very hard downshifting - for me it feels like it is too safe to downshift. I have downshifted heavily all the way to 1st gear at Druids bend in Brands hatch, and nothing happened at all, wheels didn't lock by even the slightest amount, no gearbox damage. It was too perfect IMO. But maybe it is correct, I don't know. But would bet that it is not.

To sum up, absolutely perfect work guys, keep doing this, I hope a lot of people buys your products. And always consider more classics, I guess it depends on sales and your interests, I can only hope :)

Well, i've finished version 1.0 from Reutemann's Lotus 79 (1979 season) with his race suit and helmet. Will upload it soon. I can´t find the Banco Internacional logo so that version will be uploaded if i find it.
VReoDTN.jpg

hvBQWju.jpg

C6QUWFt.jpg

And finally a classic car from you, guys, really love it, amazing production, worth the money for sure.

First of all - the sound is incredible. It feels very natural, beautiful sound. Perfect model. And quality physics.

The car has its very own feeling and it is fun to drive, there were nothing else like this before in AC, IIRIC. Amount of downforce is insane, it is incredible how little effort it takes to take fast curves (well at least at my pace), but when the medium speed curves comes..... Medium speed bends are real challenge I really love it, downforce effects becomes lower, and room for error increases so much :)

I have few notes about physics, I'm not saying that it is incorect, but for me it is suspicious. Already mentioned top speed issue. And the way car behaves under very hard downshifting - for me it feels like it is too safe to downshift. I have downshifted heavily all the way to 1st gear at Druids bend in Brands hatch, and nothing happened at all, wheels didn't lock by even the slightest amount, no gearbox damage. It was too perfect IMO. But maybe it is correct, I don't know. But would bet that it is not.

To sum up, absolutely perfect work guys, keep doing this, I hope a lot of people buys your products. And always consider more classics, I guess it depends on sales and your interests, I can only hope :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it, for some reason it's hard to find a precise top speed documented for this car. What we know is that it was a lot faster around the curves than the competition and this shows on every race against it's closest rivals (312T and 72D).
Fastest for me without losing too much downforce was a bit above 260 km/h, but takes some patience and practice getting the right the settings, everything makes a difference. Even if the opponents can take some advantage on the straights, the rest of the track are braking while the 79 past flying by.

Well, i've finished version 1.0 from Reutemann's Lotus 79 (1979 season) with his race suit and helmet. Will upload it soon. I can´t find the Banco Internacional logo so that version will be uploaded if i find it.
VReoDTN.jpg

hvBQWju.jpg

C6QUWFt.jpg

Excellent work and it'll be my first choice to drive once it's done :) here's the best pic I could find of that logo, I'll try to replicate it in PS and upload it in a while.
Carlos lat 1 copy.jpg

After a lot of testing around period-correct tracks (old Osterreichring, Kyalami and old Imola), I get a feeling that the car may have a tiny bit too much downforce and a tiny bit too little speed, since I'm easily matching real life lap times on slower tracks but much harder on fast tracks. And I even compensated power in accordance with altitude at Kyalami. Maybe @schnipp could pitch in with his thoughts as well, we discussed this car a lot since it came out. Either way it's really amazing work all around.

I'm still working on the rear stability with the setup for slower turns, but I've made some progress yesterday.
Though high DF cars, especially open wheelers, aren't my strongsuit. I like driving them, but I'm not that quick in them.

There was already much discussion about the top speed, maybe it could be a few km/h faster for the used aero settings, but not much IMO. Maybe somewhat like 10km/h on Monza's T1 approach.
Though like it was already stated, real numbers aren't really around and this is just my feeling.

I'm very happy with this car overall.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it, for some reason it's hard to find a precise top speed documented for this car. What we know is that it was a lot faster around the curves than the competition and this shows on every race against it's closest rivals (312T and 72D).
Fastest for me without losing too much downforce was a bit above 260 km/h, but takes some patience and practice getting the right the settings, everything makes a difference. Even if the opponents can take some advantage on the straights, the rest of the track are braking while the 79 past flying by.

Yes you are right, but allow us to modify the car in the set up to reach bigger speed or make an S1 version...

Go to the page of your resource. Instead of clicking "Upload file update", look instead at the bottom of the side menu were is the resource information ("Information"). In there you'll find the "Resource Tools" sub-menu, were you can change the icon via "Edit Resource Icon".

change_icon.png

Albert is right, tires on the L79' in the 78' & 79' seasons had far more incline to their sidewalls, the pic you show are of a L79' ran today by a guy that runs them in vintage races or shown at car shows/museums, not the same type tires ran in 78' or 79' seasons, the tires sidewall should incline like the AC 312T Ferrari, if AC got nothing else right they got the 312T right, at least with it's looks, ya gotta fix those tires (and wheels possibly) if you want the car to look accurate., right now it looks like a car out of Forza.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back