Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC

Cars Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC 2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
Why is there another archive file in the folder?
Untitled-1.jpg

I took a look at the car. Strut for semi-trailing arm is a bit questionable given that DWB generally does a good job in reproducing the camber curves, but I trust the suspsim. However I'm not sure what exactly that front lower arm is. While AC does have issues with anti-geometry and this is a fix for that I presume, you will be screwing up the toe and camber geometry through travel. Perhaps not the most ideal solution. Do you really get the same curves in AC as in the suspsim? Is it an oversight?

Do you mean the front lower arm of the rear suspension?

In any case, you can say it is an oversight, since I wholly trusted Suspension Analyzer on this (camber gains, caster gains and all). I haven't checked any telemetry in the game, but it drives beatifully, so I have assumed it works as intented. Feel free to analyze it better.

Do you mean the front lower arm of the rear suspension?

In any case, you can say it is an oversight, since I wholly trusted Suspension Analyzer on this (camber gains, caster gains and all). I haven't checked any telemetry in the game, but it drives beatifully, so I have assumed it works as intented. Feel free to analyze it better.
You must adjust all suspensions for AC to correct the anti-forces due to the buggy suspension forces in the public branch. Not to mention such a wide arm geometry will most likely mess up the steering geometry if you modify it for a longer lower control arm for example, and will produce an incorrect steering feel in the context of the simulation. It'll only work for this one specific use, but if you were to change the parameters at all, it will fall apart and need a redesign, is what I'd guess. If we had suspension stresses and bushings that moved, it'd be more apparent.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%