Here’s a 1989 BTCC Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth. I’ve included the skins of the ’87 and ’88 BTCC-seasons from the original mod for more variety (double entries removed):
-Original mesh: ChongMcBong
-Skins (GroupA, DTM, Drift), tyre and light textures: NWRAP
-Porting, extra fixes, physics: Me [NWRAP]
-Sounds: GTACE, Kunos
-Testing: Lunae, Marlo0081, Avoletta, Patrik Marek, Jebus, Pankykapus, and anyone I'm forgetting
-Suspension: Accurate McPherson in front, a strut mimicking semi-trailing arm at the back. Done with the help of Suspension Analyzer (Performance Trends). Do note that Content Manager doesn’t show it properly (problem with the original too), but in-game it is as it should be.
- Fully locked differential (i.e. spool) to save the rear tires as in real life. This will induce turn-in understeer and corner exit oversteer.
- Homologated gear ratios for 9-inch rear axle.
- Engine, tires, aero, colliders etc. This car has 245mm wide tires with 17-inch wheels as used by works and semi-works teams. I may add 235mm wide, 16-inch wheels, as used by many privateers, later. Only one compound for now.
- Sounds are currently “borrowed” from Fonecker’s sound mod for GrA BMW, with some added turbo noises. While not authentic, they suit the car quite well. However, I’m in the process of making new sounds and they will be used as soon I’m happy with the quality.*
* version 0.95 has new sounds
- a 1992 version with 6-gears and 620hp (@ the crank).
- a rally version
(- Lookup tables for the tyres)* done for next update
- Oh, some talented modder should make this a right-hand drive!
Testing exterior sounds:
(earlier with Fonsecker sounds):