Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC

Cars Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC 2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
You must adjust all suspensions for AC to correct the anti-forces due to the buggy suspension forces in the public branch. Not to mention such a wide arm geometry will most likely mess up the steering geometry if you modify it for a longer lower control arm for example, and will produce an incorrect steering feel in the context of the simulation. It'll only work for this one specific use, but if you were to change the parameters at all, it will fall apart and need a redesign, is what I'd guess. If we had suspension stresses and bushings that moved, it'd be more apparent.

For your information, this car has 0% of anti-dive and 5% of anti-squat by design. I know AC tends to exaggerate both, but obviously it isn't hurting here. There's zero bumb steer, which is propably the most important thing.

Now what are those buggy suspension forces, and what is the point of your post?

Last edited:
Has this mod something in common with the Sierra updated just recently or are these two different Sierras?

Downloaded last version yesterday. Is there more FFB applied and the small steering inputs result in a less stable more wiggling car , but it could be placebo?

Cheers
Robin

Downloaded last version yesterday. Is there more FFB applied and the small steering inputs result in a less stable more wiggling car , but it could be placebo?

Cheers
Robin

I did correct the steering ratio, so it could be the case. Didn't notice it myself, but I'll look into it later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back