Cars Ford Focus RS Mk1 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roflmao:

In all seriousness though, I too would love to see these unfinished projects completed, and I apologise for starting so many.

But just so you understand from my perspective; this used to be my hobby. But now its my job, I still love it and am super grateful to be able to do so.
But that means in my down time I don't always feel like jumping on 3ds and making mods late into the night like I once did, instead I'd rather do something completely unrelated in order not to burn out and make my job less enjoyable. Hopefully you understand that.

That being said, whilst I'm not actively working to complete the Focus and others, I absolutely haven't abandoned them. It might not be any time soon, but I will finish and release them one day.

One of the reasons I've stopped making WIP threads is this. I'd rather release stuff when it's done, than having people ask the same question all the time.
We can still be creative with our jobs, though is not the same freedom as what we get doing these kind of personal projects. Still, can't spend 20 hours a day doing the same thing.

One of the reasons I've stopped making WIP threads is this. I'd rather release stuff when it's done, than having people ask the same question all the time.
That's a luxury only you established modders have. If a new guy turns up with a finished mod out of nowhere everyone will be highly suspicious.
WIP threads also serve as an entry point, people like to follow along to understand how it's done, and be encouraged to try themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, thinking back to Pessio's first mods that's a real consideration, but as we said back then, all it takes is a couple of wireframes to show the work is original and we all back down in the blink of an eye. (And any modder who's doing original work ought to appreciate that the community here is that serious about protecting IP.)

In the end it's a matter of "choose your annoyance" I guess. It's hard to operate in the public realm without subjecting yourself to one thing or another that annoys you. Just... humans being humans.

Reactions: CC
Good point. On the synth forums we always used to keep our project threads updated with that kind of thing in the title and this was almost never an issue.

scale_1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play