Cars Ford Focus RS Mk1 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you will find some time soon to finish the mod. I own a 1.6L mk1 and am planning to buy a ST170 I love the MK1 Focus and im certain that this is going to be a extremely good mod. And I'm sure ppl would pay for a high quality mod (or at least I would like I did with LA Canyons), you def deserve at least something for the work.

Thoughts on releasing it as a "traffic car"?

ie. essentially a silhouette interior, functional physics that is representative of the performance you'd expect but not super authentic (lets be real thats the physics in all of my mods anyway lol).
That way it can be enjoyed to look at as AI driven traffic, or should you wish you can drive it yourself if you are ok with an extremely lacklustre interior.

This is instead of waiting an unknown amount of time until both time and motivation arrive at the same time for it to be completed fully. Of course should I do the half-step of a traffic car, this doesn't stop me finishing it fully in future, just offers something for people who want it in the meantime.

Let me know what you think about this. I have another traffic car in the works that will interest absolutely nobody, that I want in AC simply to laugh at but really can't be bothered modelling the interior (its a big and complex one compared to say a sports car etc).
I'm open to the idea of expanding that to the likes of this car as an interim step before properly finishing it.

Last edited:
Thoughts on releasing it as a "traffic car"?

ie. essentially a silhouette interior, functional physics that is representative of the performance you'd expect but not super authentic (lets be real thats the physics in all of my mods anyway lol).
That way it can be enjoyed to look at as AI driven traffic, or should you wish you can drive it yourself if you are ok with an extremely lacklustre interior.

This is instead of waiting an unknown amount of time until both time and motivation arrive at the same time for it to be completed fully. Of course should I do the half-step of a traffic car, this doesn't stop me finishing it fully in future, just offers something for people who want it in the meantime.

Let me know what you think about this. I have another traffic car in the works that will interest absolutely nobody, that I want in AC simply to laugh at but really can't be bothered modelling the interior (its a big and complex one compared to say a sports car etc).
I'm open to the idea of expanding that to the likes of this car as an interim step before properly finishing it.
interior is assho**
it's a pain to make the interior. I have so many (""many"") cars i'd like to see in AC, but i never modelled the interior, so didn't bother trying to make it into AC.

Now for a traffic car.. An interior is essentially dark plastic/leather. So any default interior dark enough should be rather compatible and "simple" (always gonna take some time anyways however simple you make it)
Maybe put a default speedo/RPM and voila :D
In essence i'm keen to the idea. I'd say find a combo that won't take too much time/work

I have another traffic car in the works that will interest absolutely nobody, that I want in AC simply to laugh at
1607975734977.png

I think it's a bad idea to release in partially finished state, better to decide firmly one way or another on what it's gonna be and only announce it as that.

I'm also curious to see what people think though, there's a 4 door I wanted to make but not do a proper interior for... maybe just accurate speedometer inside a silhouette black interior.

Last edited:
I think it's a bad idea to release in partially finished state, better to decide firmly one way or another on what it's gonna be and only announce it as that.
Yeah I agree with that, but at the same time it'd be good to see it being used for something until i get around to properly finishing it. So i'm undecided.

tbh the interior of this car isn't particularly complex and has great reference, its more the thought of working on such an old model that puts me off, as I know I'll have a tough time not redo-ing stuff.

We'll see, maybe i've just talked myself into finishing it sooner rather than later lmao

BTW I still drive the Mk1 (not the RS, though...I wish, just the regular wagon), so if there's need for some reference or anything, feel free. But I would assume there's more than enough of it out there, given that it is such a popular car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes