Football (Soccer) Thread

I never said it is wrong to kick a kid, I said it's wrong to kick anyone. What so ever.

I cannot see a single reason that justifies giving other a kick, it might be a small kick, or a kick meant to hurt someone seriously. You just don't kick another person, what so ever.

I have no problems seeing that Hazard got frustrated, I would've been as well. But you just don't do these things. And if it somehow would've been allowed. Please give me a clear line to follow. What kicks are allowed, what kicks are not allowed. Intent to hurt? Unlucky that someone got hurt? Or what?
As you saw in the .gif above he never kicked the ball boy whatsoever. His intentions weren't to kick the kid and he didn't so this really shouldn't be a big deal. If he intended on kicking the ball boy then that's a completely different story and I'd agree with you, but we all know that Hazard's only intentions were to get the ball and that he did without touching the kid.

Now I don't pretend to know every single rule in the football rule book, but I know in hockey accidental kicking (which is a lot more dangerous with skates) is a 2 minute minor; if you intended to kick the person it's a match penalty (a long suspension if you don't know what that means) for "Intent to injure". My point is that in hockey the intent has the be there in order to be deemed a very bad thing. As I'll say time and time again Hazard didn't even touch the kid so maybe a talking to from the ref and a "I'm sorry" to the kid would have been enough maybe a yellow or small fine if you had to discipline him in some way.

My next question is what would have happened if Hazard just stood there? The kid hold the ball for the rest of the game? He said on Twitter before the game he was going to do this so clearly it was intentional. Now I know if the club pays the kid off to do this then they get a big fine, but if they didn't and he acted out by himself, what happens apart from him getting sacked? He knew he was going to be fired for this, so that doesn't bother him, and he would have done what he wanted: waste time.

If this was a red card I'd like to know how (insert name here) wasn't red carded for intentionally kicking the ball as hard as he could at Van Persie's head. There's no doubt he kicked the ball and there's no doubt it his Van Persie in the head so why wasn't that a straight red and long suspension if Hazard is getting a suspension for this.

*sigh* I could go on for ages about all these idiotic rules and idiotic refs.

See it from the referee's point of view. Depending on where he was, he might have seen Hazard kicking the ball boy.

And if the referee considered that Hazard kicked the ball boy, anything but a red card would be a complete joke. He would have deserved that, and a battery charge. You don't kick people, no matter what the reason is.

And now in this exact case, the referee got it wrong. Hazard doesn't seem to kick him, just tries to lift him and kick the ball below him. There should be enough proof to lift his suspension and the red card.

And yes. People get away with so much stuff in sports that would get them into so much trouble outside of the stadium. As for the bear example, a bear's instinct is to kill people who poke him. People should be able to stand some abuse without resorting to violence.

I'm not going to discuss it further.

As far as I see it, you do not hit, kick, bite, or do any other violent thing to another person as long as it isn't self defense. I don't care if it is in sports, in your own home, or out on the street. There are no reason to do anything like that.
Feel free to disagree, but I am, and will be, a non-violent person.

thumb-fiche-226b8898c6cbafa5558ce75cfe1d6e0d.jpg

Just got my ticket, 28€. Going with a friend. Home country vs. the country I'm living in - still vouching for Germany, of course. :)

625600_624287660921262_1969332180_n.jpg

Also, Barcelona vs. Madrid wasn't too shabby - they scored late but it seems Barcelona can't even hold up against Reals 2nd team. Kinda frightening.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back