Tracks Fontana Speedway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Fontana Speeway - Fontana for AMS

Sans_titre-1.201672281745.jpg

In memory of Greg Moore 1975-1999

Hi all.

Here is Fontana for AMS.
I used the GSC version (original track from US pits, thanks to them) and reworked several things :

- road textures
- walls textures
- grass textures
- crowd (stands)
- real pits and road markings
- trees
- real shadows
- partial dynamic track
- new IA (gringo)

The track is too wide to use standard racegroove...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks a lot Patrick, Gringo, Denis, JoRo; and The Pits of course! Really curious to drive a more banked oval in AMS. If I understand correctly, the dynamic track is there but we won't see marbles appearing as they would look ugly? So we better stay in the groove, right? Having the track evolving is the most important imho, I think we will have lots of fun there. Thank you!

Thanks to all concerned for the effort! Turned a good few laps this morning and I must say it feels great. love it :D

EDIT: Now I just need to collect all 19 tracks from 1998 :D (prays)

Just tried to start a race with a full field of the Cart teams and as soon as it loads in, the AI all crashes together into me and the rest of the field. Tried it twice to the same result.

It loads in with the field rolling

Humm I think you have "fast rolling" starts selected. Use "ROLLING" starts, this will put you on the grid behind the pace car for one lap. You can hit the space bar to skip the pace car lap once you are in the car.

Last edited:
Tried to run a full 250 lap race with the CART mod. Ran out of talent at 388 km/h and put my car in to the wall on lap 75 trying to follow Zanardi as he was lapping the field. Arms felt like I had been in the gym.

Edit: This should've been in the review section. Sorry. Excellent mod.

I can't do all tracks on earth unfortunately. Each fan wants his tracks, and it does a looong list to do if I follow everyone. Cleveland was nice for GSC but if we want to keep a good track level for AMS, it requires a lot of work. Not planned for the moment, but you can easily put it in AMS for your own use ;)
Unfortunately... just copy/paste your Cleveland track doesn't work. (any idea why?)
But... at least something went right... Milwaukee Mile track work without any troubles, at least in quick race mode. So that was really great news ! :) Thank you for that piece of advice !!! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately... just copy/paste your Cleveland track doesn't work. (any idea why?)
But... at least something went right... Milwaukee Mile track work without any troubles, at least in quick race mode. So that was really great news ! :) Thank you for that piece of advice !!! :thumbsup:
Cleveland is pretty easy to make work in AMS. This is probably the easiest/fastest way:
1. Copy the SCE Cleveland folder to your AMS Locations folder.
2. Copy the AdPackStockcar.MAS file from SCE\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon -- then paste it in your AMS Cleveland folder.
3. Edit the scn file adding the 2nd line below so AMS can call the sky/cloud files.
SearchPath=ReizaCommon
SearchPath=ReizaCommon\bak

Obviously this negates all of the AMS updates and standards but the track will work fine. :)
Any RF1/SCE track works on AMS. I have too many to count. Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble getting anything ported over and you arent super worried about your track having all of the AMS standards. We can save Patrick some time this way. ;)

Cleveland is pretty easy to make work in AMS. This is probably the easiest/fastest way:
1. Copy the SCE Cleveland folder to your AMS Locations folder.
2. Copy the AdPackStockcar.MAS file from SCE\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon -- then paste it in your AMS Cleveland folder.
3. Edit the scn file adding the 2nd line below so AMS can call the sky/cloud files.
SearchPath=ReizaCommon
SearchPath=ReizaCommon\bak
Obviously this negates all of the AMS updates and standards but the track will work fine. :)
Any RF1/SCE track works on AMS. I have too many to count. Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble getting anything ported over and you arent super worried about your track having all of the AMS standards. We can save Patrick some time this way. ;)
Thanks mate ! That's what I'm calling great news. :thumbsup:
I even can import a couple tracks I bild in Bob's track builder in AMS now ! Wow.:geek:
One thing though... you said "then paste it in your AMS Cleveland folder." but that line in .scn said "SearchPath=ReizaCommon\bak" so... which one is it gonna be ? :) There IS that folder ReizdaCommon/bak, you know... And I believe, looking at that line - this is the one. I hope it's that COMMON folder so we don't have to copy/paste that file for each track we import from GSCE/rF.

These are 2 different things. The "SearchPath=ReizaCommon\bak" line is being added to call the sky files. The "AdPackStockcar.MAS" is specifically needed for the Cleveland track, otherwise you could normally skip this step for most tracks. And that file does exist in AMS however it smaller and is missing the specific files Cleveland needs. So in the end both edits are needed for Cleveland.

Typically If an SCE track is crashing in AMS you usually just need to fix the scn file to call the correct mas files. There are many ways to make the tracks work, I showed you this way as I believe it to be the easiest or fastest way.

I have most of the CART tracks in AMS -only updated with AMS skies- such as Toronto, Vancouver, Nazareth, Michigan, Homestead, Long Beach, Pocono, Milwaukee, Detroit, Mid-Ohio, and the others Patrick has already released. Perhaps I could just share them with you guys (somewhere else) knowing they are not AMS standards but again, they work fine. ;)

Last edited:
Funny thing... :alien:
when I put that file into ReizaCommon game crash, when I put it into GAME FOLDER (as you already told me:D) track loads just fine !?! I have to go to work so didn't have time to test it in many/all mods, just in "test" but I believe other mods will work too.
Thank you so much @xerocoul - you did a big favor to me. Now I can port all those CART tracks to AMS, quality may not be pure 10 but 9 is just fine with me. :geek: I just couldn't immerse myself driving CART championship on those Brasilian tracks. No hard feelings Reiza. :D
Say... how do you add AMS sky on those track ? If you wish, if we're hijacking this thread and if I'm the only one interested in that we can continue via PM.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back