Resource icon

Tracks Fontana Speedway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah it maybe a little hijacking but I think its good info for everyone interested in CART & modding.

Patrick wrote a topic on how to update skies for SCE which works fine for AMS as well. I did this with most of the aforementioned tracks. Some I could not figure out 100% but they still work with their stock skies. ;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-add-new-skies-from-v1-20-1-21.92856/

The Toronto skies look beautiful.
v773GOD.png

Last edited:
anybody else receiving the error that the .MAS file is corrupted?

I've downloaded the file 3 times, using a different program to unrar each time and still finding that the .MAS file is corrupt.

It was with rolling starts. It loads in with the field rolling and the back half of the field all crash into each other.

Hello Fontana Speedway Fans.

The "fast rolling starts" and the "skip formation lap" were broken for some reason. I made too many attempts to solve the problem but each time I got the same result (for no reason I could see).

I gave the problem one more round in the octagon, this time I used an older rFactor editor and reset, then re-draw the inside/outside lines. It worked... and now the AI do as they should for the diferent race start modes.

One exception, the "Formation with Standing starts" do not work at all in AMS (at least for now).

Find the new AIW file attached to this post... rename "Fontana.AIW.txt" to "Fontana.AIW" and overwrite the original file.

Cheers

Attachments

• Fontana.AIW.txt
    574.4 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Come on people. Patrick (and other modders) spends hours on these tracks and people cant understand how to extract files...:roflmao:

It's not as clear to me as it is to the seasoned modders. I do not see a US Pits folder anywhere in the download or in the Automobilista folder. I obviously am missing something that most of you understand. Can someone clear it up for me please? Thanks in advance.

Can someone clear it up for me please?

Hi,

The download has the track folders packaged inside a compressed archive file. It is normal convention to include (in the archive) only the folders needed to be copied to ..\GameData\Locations.

So in this case when you extract (or simply open) the compressed file you will find these folders ..\USPits\Fontana.

Copy ..\USPits\Fontana to ..\GameData\Locations and you get ..\GameData\Locations\USPits\Fontana.

The USPits folder is tripping some people up.

Cheers

UntitledUSPITS.jpg

:cool:

Edit: To add a note about addon tracks and AMS (rfactor).

Unfortunately the way the game works, if you add a track but you get the folders wrong ("the path to the files")... the track will still show up in the AMS track list. However, the track will not load because it cannot find the track files (due to the incorrect path to the files), and the sim crashes.

If you do not have software for extracting the download packages (most tracks are packed with WinRAR) I recommend 7-Zip... It is freeware opensource that will unpack WinRAR compression (and many other types) , but cannot pack WinRAR.

Last edited:
Hi,

The download has the track folders packaged inside a compressed archive file. It is normal convention to include (in the archive) only the folders needed to be copied to ..\GameData\Locations.

So in this case when you extract (or simply open) the compressed file you will find these folders ..\USPits\Fontana.

Copy ..\USPits\Fontana to ..\GameData\Locations and you get ..\GameData\Locations\USPits\Fontana.

The USPits folder is tripping some people up.

Cheers

UntitledUSPITS.jpg

:cool:

Edit: To add a note about addon tracks and AMS (rfactor).

Unfortunately the way the game works, if you add a track but you get the folders wrong ("the path to the files")... the track will still show up in the AMS track list. However, the track will not load because it cannot find the track files (due to the incorrect path to the files), and the sim crashes.

If you do not have software for extracting the download packages (most tracks are packed with WinRAR) I recommend 7-Zip... It is freeware opensource that will unpack WinRAR compression (and many other types) , but cannot pack WinRAR.
Thank you very much Gringo! That is exactly the info I needed!

Patrick you're machine man... :thumbsup:
Imagine my surprise when I saw this morning that I have... 21 alerts !?! And 18 of them are yours ! :confused:
Not sure have you already been on some summer holidays but for sure you deserve one now. ;)

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated Fontana Speedway with a new update entry:

Single track package of Fontana for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits.
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back