First Sight of New Assetto Corsa Cars Coming 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota LMP1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, via Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto, have revealed several exciting renders showing off several new cars to be added to Assetto Corsa in the next year.

With several exciting licences due to deliver a raft of new cars to Assetto Corsa during 2017, Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to show off a range of renders from the work in progress machines.

With some cars such as the Audi Quattro and Mazda 787B already well known and anticipated by fans of the sim, it is perhaps the more surprising early sight of the legendary Toyota and Audi LPM 1 machines plus the iconic Toyota Celica World Rally Championship car that will draw most attention from the recent post by Massarutto. All the renders revealed on Facebook show the usual Assetto Corsa attention to detail, and each machine should make an incredible addition to the simulation.

At this stage no release date is known for any of the content show with the exception of the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, with should be included as a free item for owners of the third Porsche DLC instalment some time during February.

The cars revealed so far include:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 eTron
  • Porsche 991 GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Audi Quattro Group B car
  • Audi Sport TT RS
  • Mazda Miata
  • Lotus 3-11
  • Toyota Celica WRC

With this unexpected reveal from Massarutto it looks like fans of Assetto Corsa have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additional DLC can be downloaded across all platforms adding a variety of additional cars and tracks.

Assetto Corsa Audi LMP1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg
Assetto Corsa Porsche RSR.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum is a great place to get involved with your fellow community members and discuss the game. Here at RaceDepartment we have a wonderful Racing Club that hosts regular races and league events, plus you can add a wealth of additional content via our modding downloads archive and catch up on the latest news with regards to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Audi Quattro.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi R8.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi TT Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa Lotus Evora.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica.jpg

Looking forward to the new content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car do you most look forward to getting behind the wheel of? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's 8MJ per lap of LeMans which is 13.6km, which means that you get 1MJ of energy deployment per 1.7km, or roughly 1MJ per mile.

On the Nurburgring GP track you would get ~3.34MJ of deployment per lap. Or about 14 seconds of 420kW.

The race pace of the 919 at Silverstone was in the mid 1:40's last year, I can't match that pace for the life of me, I can do consistent 43's high 42's. Enough to keep pace with the Toyota, but not challenge for the win like they were against the Audi.

The Spa pace is a little closer, but I'm a horrible driver my best time is a 1:56.2

Existing content
  • the 2014 'R8 LMS Ultra' (based on the 2012 refreshed first-gen R8 which that's also have in the sim)
  • 2015 MX-5 ND (fourth gen) and its Cup version
Upcoming content
  • latest 'R8 LMS' based on the second-gen 2015 R8
  • first-gen MX-5 NA

Nothing that I get excited from but wasn't holding my breath for anything car related in ac to be honest. And why all these lmp cars when precisely this type of racing can't properly be simulated due to game engine limitations?!? Still don't get it. Anyway I know how to keep myself busy in ac so no biggy...

That is Celica GT4 TS185 think that was the last model to win the WRC & still using the pop up lights.
The ST205 should have won the WRC if Toyota had not been found out for cheating with the turbo & getting baned for a year & stripped of all their points.
shame has I like the ST205 with the face-lift front end over this model picked for AC DLC.
The picture is not a good one they have released

Here is a shot of the real car for those who want to see if they got the car wrong.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f6/5e/05/f65e059af6467ce07e48659a212a39f6.jpg

I have a good eye for proportions and I can easily spot at least 4 mistakes already on that model... I don't get it, most of the models they buy, hire someone or make themselves are very accurate, but again, another Toyota that looks odd at first sight. It's a shame because I know they won't listen and release it anyway as it is... like the AE86, a classic ruined.

Nothing that I get excited from but wasn't holding my breath for anything car related in ac to be honest. And why all these lmp cars when precisely this type of racing can't properly be simulated due to game engine limitations?!? Still don't get it. Anyway I know how to keep myself busy in ac so no biggy...
they need those millions from cars licensed years ago.

I thought tyre load sensitivity was fixed ages ago?
Well it's still a few variables in the tyres.ini that you adjust, so there's room for error...the fix was adding a non-linear model to the sim. Real life data for these kind of tires isn't linear, but it's closer to it than the Kunos model, either way the Kunos model isn't sensitive enough on most cars (basing this on data I cannot show due to an NDA).

Whatever. Almost makes me hope they only implement low downforce configurations from now on just to plss off those that say the cars are undriveable and useless. I'd like them to release the cars with several different aero packages myself but I'm still able to enjoy the cars as is particularly because they are fun to drive. And where are those threads in the official support forum backed up with some hard data where you're talking about those aero and load sensitivity issues? If all you do is complaining about the content and sim then just don't buy the content and don't use the cars you receive for free, no one forces you.
As above, I'm technically under a NDA for both of those data points (aero and tires), so I can't provide much more than what I've said.

And to expand upon "useless"; obviously it was an exaggeration, but the HDF packages for these cars are much better (and faster on most tracks) to drive than the LM ones, and since we don't have Le Mans in AC I find it odd that the more relevant HDF package isn't modeled.

Read again what I wrote, my argument was not based on what people enjoy, I said calling it "useless" is an exaggeration, as you can run the car on any track, and it will not catapult to the moon.

Well, it's useless relative to the car's performance potential. Exagerating a bit, it's like if you release whatever car with half the engine power, and then say "it's not useless, you can drive it perfectly and it doesn't do weird things, isnt it?" :D

Kunos released the two versions of the 962 so I doubt they have some hidden agenda in not providing the hdf versions of the newer cars. It could be an oversight on kunos's part or maybe it's even slated for a later release.
What I know is that we have, at least, a semi decent official lmp1 grid. Not that mods of these cars havent been around for quite a while now.
Personally, i would have preferred lmp2 since there's less stuff that can go wrong and the cars are relatively balanced.

"it's not useless, you can drive it perfectly and it doesn't do weird things, isnt it?" :D

Well, and it would be true. :) I'm merely arguing about the necessity of seeing things black and white, especially by someone who should really know better.

We know perfectly well that this is not the ideal scenario but when the question is about LM-spec or no-spec at all, guess which one we'll go for.

Probably trying to dig for more attention without having to license Le Mans itself, even tho its a stupid thought.
They don't market them (with the exception of the Sauber IIRC) as LM cars though, and your average motorsport fan isn't going to be able to see the difference anyway (the kits are of course different but typically still look pretty similar to each other). Obviously there's no bad intent for licensing the LM versions on Kunos' part, but if what they want is publicity they should at least market the cars as Le Mans participants.

And Gergo, it's not LM-spec vs no-spec, it's LM-spec vs Sprint-spec (i.e. What the cars are generally like for 6-7/9 world championship races).

They don't market them (with the exception of the Sauber IIRC) as LM cars though, and your average motorsport fan isn't going to be able to see the difference anyway (the kits are of course different but typically still look pretty similar to each other). Obviously there's no bad intent for licensing the LM versions on Kunos' part, but if what they want is publicity they should at least market the cars as Le Mans participants.

And Gergo, it's not LM-spec vs no-spec, it's LM-spec vs Sprint-spec (i.e. What the cars are generally like for 6-7/9 world championship races).
I think he meant, you either get the LM version or nothing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back