First Sight of New Assetto Corsa Cars Coming 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota LMP1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, via Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto, have revealed several exciting renders showing off several new cars to be added to Assetto Corsa in the next year.

With several exciting licences due to deliver a raft of new cars to Assetto Corsa during 2017, Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to show off a range of renders from the work in progress machines.

With some cars such as the Audi Quattro and Mazda 787B already well known and anticipated by fans of the sim, it is perhaps the more surprising early sight of the legendary Toyota and Audi LPM 1 machines plus the iconic Toyota Celica World Rally Championship car that will draw most attention from the recent post by Massarutto. All the renders revealed on Facebook show the usual Assetto Corsa attention to detail, and each machine should make an incredible addition to the simulation.

At this stage no release date is known for any of the content show with the exception of the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, with should be included as a free item for owners of the third Porsche DLC instalment some time during February.

The cars revealed so far include:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 eTron
  • Porsche 991 GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Audi Quattro Group B car
  • Audi Sport TT RS
  • Mazda Miata
  • Lotus 3-11
  • Toyota Celica WRC

With this unexpected reveal from Massarutto it looks like fans of Assetto Corsa have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additional DLC can be downloaded across all platforms adding a variety of additional cars and tracks.

Assetto Corsa Audi LMP1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg
Assetto Corsa Porsche RSR.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum is a great place to get involved with your fellow community members and discuss the game. Here at RaceDepartment we have a wonderful Racing Club that hosts regular races and league events, plus you can add a wealth of additional content via our modding downloads archive and catch up on the latest news with regards to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Audi Quattro.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi R8.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi TT Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa Lotus Evora.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica.jpg

Looking forward to the new content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car do you most look forward to getting behind the wheel of? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
sometimes I wonder how some pple manage to use a computer considering they dont know how to freaking read.

hahahaha the part where mclarenf1papa bragged about not being able to disclose information because of an NDA but still subtly bashes Stefano's programming was particularly hilarious and deceitful.

@Gergo Panker ... just enjoy the comedy.

OT:
yay! more cars! its a video game and I enjoy it! yay! the more content the better! yay! it was made to have fun! yay! this forum used to be fun! yay! ... wait you mean that miata is not LM-spec? ffs

I'm curious how Kunos will respond to GTR3 and Project Cars 2. AC is a good sim but it could get left behind quickly, if something is not in the works.

This hyperbole never makes any sense.

AC is one of the most advanced and newest sims on the market... it isnt going to be 'left behind'. Has iR been left behind? That game came out ~8 yrs ago. Has AMS been left behind? It is running technology from 2006.

AC is still being worked on actively with new improvements all the time. Now, if Kunos went the way SMS did with Pcars 1, then yeah... it would be left behind because it would be obsolete due to its successor being out.

Until that happens years from now, AC isnt being left behind or going anywhere :rolleyes::)

This hyperbole never makes any sense.

AC is one of the most advanced and newest sims on the market... it isnt going to be 'left behind'. Has iR been left behind? That game came out ~8 yrs ago. Has AMS been left behind? It is running technology from 2006.

AC is still being worked on actively with new improvements all the time. Now, if Kunos went the way SMS did with Pcars 1, then yeah... it would be left behind because it would be obsolete due to its successor being out.

Until that happens years from now, AC isnt being left behind or going anywhere :rolleyes::)
Iracing went through a huge overhaul in the past 2-3 years to bring itself up to date with current racing sims in various areas to the extent that I'd argue iracing is probably the most advanced racing sim on the market today. How many more copies do you think Kunos can get out of AC even in a fully polished state?
The game is still missing some elements and while it's better in the handling/physics department, project cars and GTR3 can catch up in those aspects or even overtake it while looking much better and offering more than AC can in its current state.

sometimes I wonder how some pple manage to use a computer considering they dont know how to freaking read.

hahahaha the part where mclarenf1papa bragged about not being able to disclose information because of an NDA but still subtly bashes Stefano's programming was particularly hilarious and deceitful.

@Gergo Panker ... just enjoy the comedy.

OT:
yay! more cars! its a video game and I enjoy it! yay! the more content the better! yay! it was made to have fun! yay! this forum used to be fun! yay! ... wait you mean that miata is not LM-spec? ffs
Your first line is rather ironic considering you interpreted my post as bragging...I was not...not sure how else you want me to answer the question that was posed and still give a reason as to why I haven't followed the usual procedure and posted on the official forum.

Also "subtley bashes Stefano's programming" is actually addressing the fact that the standard equations do not correspond to real life 100% (how would they ever...it's not possible...when they changed the formula, Stefano implemented a lookup table option for that exact reason), but with different variables (that's Aris's field), can be made more accurate than they are currently. I'm not bashing anyone...

I'd argue iracing is probably the most advanced racing sim on the market today
LOL

How many tire compounds do the GT3 cars have to choose from? Is it possible to flat spot a tire in iracing? Is time of day still static? Don't road cars still set their fastest lap time on cold tires?
---------------------
Back on topic:
The Ferrari 250 GTO is one of the most beautiful cars ever made IMO, can't wait to see it in game.

LOL

How many tire compounds do the GT3 cars have to choose from? Is it possible to flat spot a tire in iracing? Is time of day still static? Don't road cars still set their fastest lap time on cold tires?
---------------------
Back on topic:
The Ferrari 250 GTO is one of the most beautiful cars ever made IMO, can't wait to see it in game.
Did you even read my entire post before replying? I acknowledged that AC is better in all things handling and physics wise but was lacking in other areas.

I acknowledged that AC is better in all things handling and physics wise but was lacking in other areas.

Isnt physics/handling a pretty crucial part of a driving sim? So, if iR is lacking physics/handling... like how AC is lacking features... are they not on somewhat equal ground then? If iR can improve its physics to become the best sim out there... AC can likewise keep adding features to improve itself.

My point was that the whole notion that a game is being left behind is silly because that can only happen if a game ceases development. If a game keeps adding and improving... by definition it is not being left behind. But even beyond that, AC was never trying to be a 'league racer' like many people seem to think it was supposed to be. And the things it actually does, it does sublimely and is rarely matched. :p

Isnt physics/handling a pretty crucial part of a driving sim? So, if iR is lacking physics/handling... like how AC is lacking features... are they not on somewhat equal ground then? If iR can improve its physics to become the best sim out there... AC can likewise keep adding features to improve itself.

My point was that the whole notion that a game is being left behind is silly because that can only happen if a game ceases development. If a game keeps adding and improving... by definition it is not being left behind. But even beyond that, AC was never trying to be a 'league racer' like many people seem to think it was supposed to be. And the things it actually does, it does sublimely and is rarely matched. :p
This is a very good point, a game is relevant as long as it keeps being worked on such as correcting problems and added new things, features/tools/customizations and content to play. Sim racing games are notorious for this, with good and bad examples in the genre.

The second point is also true, the game wasn't built to be this amazing «racing» game, for neither single player nor multiplayer (public and league racing). It does both satisfactory, but they still retain a good size of the userbase using the racing aspect of the game. I believe a good part of the dlc sales also come from people who do racing in single player and online, so is never a wrong bet to continuously improve these two aspects of the game.

To be honest, maybe it's a fault of the graphics engine, but the only thing AC needs to take it to then next level is multiple light sources, maybe changing weather. Everything else is a feature that can be upgraded to the existing game with time.

Would you not like the LMP1 cars then? Do you think Kunos should get rid of them?
A pretty pointless argument for the fact that lots of these cars like the 962 & 935 raced on tracks that have been redesigned .
The old Le Mans of the 80's is long gone so are the like of Silverstone . These cars work best on Hi Speed tracks & not the turn filled Hi-down force nightmares of new. I find these cars very suited to the Classic Silverstone 69 layout found in AC or Monza they have more of a feel of the tracks these cars were built for.
Also the short tail 962 was the car they used for none low drag tracks so that is correct it is just the fact these cars are not suited to modern tracks.

A pretty pointless argument for the fact that lots of these cars like the 962 & 935 raced on tracks that have been redesigned .
The old Le Mans of the 80's is long gone so are the like of Silverstone . These cars work best on Hi Speed tracks & not the turn filled Hi-down force nightmares of new. I find these cars very suited to the Classic Silverstone 69 layout found in AC or Monza they have more of a feel of the tracks these cars were built for.
Also the short tail 962 was the car they used for none low drag tracks so that is correct it is just the fact these cars are not suited to modern tracks.

I don't think you are getting my point, made in my other posts too. What if Kunos had no choice.. What if it was either Le Mans spec or no spec at all? Maybe Kunos didn't get to choose between Non Le Mans or Le Mans versions, and they picked to have the Le Mans version to make the fans happy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%