Resource icon

Tracks (Fictional Racetrack) Weatherfield International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
larre90 submitted a new resource:

(Fictional Racetrack) Weatherfield International Raceway - Fictional Track for AC. Made with Race Track Builder.

Heyho!

This is my first real attempt on creating my own track.

There is so much to be done, but I want to know your opinions on the PURE layout. Honestly, literally NOTHING works so far, except for laptiming, but without sectors... XD

Also, there shouldn't be any holes in the surface or the trackbarriers, tracklimits (cuts, etc.) should also work. Kerbs and on/offtracksurface is also there, but quite far from finished. For this early stage, the optics look not so nice and there are slots...

Read more about this resource...

It's fast and flowing, which is great, and there are some really satisfying technical corners. I think the layout is superb, if likely too quick.
Some of the bollards can be passed on the wrong side without incurring a cut time, in particular at turn 4, and the pitlane needs to have a speed limit put in.
At the "chicane" with the tree as a bollard; with the exit barrier where it is, it is very likely to be a direct hit in the event of a crash through the chicane, and probably would be recessed on safety grounds in real life. Also, with both the single seaters I tested, something caused them to spin off to the right, in the exact same way - could be worth looking into, but I'll freely concede it was probably a keyboard-without-traction control moment, and therefore shouldn't matter.

Sectors, for me, it naturally feels like starting line to turn 2 as sector 1, turns 3/4, 5-6, tree chicane to 9 as sector 2, and the rest as sector 3.

Overall, I like the track, it feels really nice to time trial for me.

larre90 updated (Fictional Racetrack) Weatherfield International Raceway with a new update entry:

Visibility fixed...

I accidently chose the wrong texture for the tracksurface in this upload-version and, ... OOOPS ... :whistling: Obviously, that caused the tracksurface to be almost completely invisible. My bad, should be fixed now.

I also added the track-inside walls and changed their positioning a little bit, to create a more claustrophobic atmosphere in some places in sector 2 and the last corners.

Read the rest of this update entry...

larre90 updated (Fictional Racetrack) Weatherfield International Raceway with a new update entry:

Some new materials & textures

Updated:
- Tracksurface is now actual tarmac material (was concrete before, which may caused some unusual behaviour of certain cars)
- Textures of the track are now much darker to give a better look
- Paintlined 1st sector (Chosed red for ... reasons. :laugh:)

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make the Pitlane work. Some told me, I simply have to rename the specific trackparts of the track, but it didn't work at all. (Help! :()

Hello, there is still a lot of work to be done for this mod, but larre90 is doing good and I think this track has potential. Here is the AI line I recorded. I used the built-in AI app and the Porsche 919 trying not to push too hard so it should be good for any class of cars. I tested it with 23 AIs and a couple different car classes and they seem to behave quite decently. Of course it can be highly improved but it is a 15 minutes work I did just to help if you wanted to make some tests with the AIs.
Remove ".txt" from the file name.

Keep up the good work larre90! :)

Attachments

• ai.zip.txt
    509.4 KB · Views: 113

AI, UI & Map added

Added:
- new UI
- map
- first AI-version (some tweaks needed due to changes in some corner-bankings)
- reviewed some corners and worked on bankings to create a more realistic feeling
- worked on trackside-objects to make it more appealing through sector 1
- removed pitbuildings and added a simple wall to resemble a more american-looking pitlayout

Thanks to LiquidSkyMan for his work with the AI!

Beside that , I have a lot of work to do. Stay tuned!

It looks like I may have forgot to send U the new ideal_line.ai. The current one looks like the old one. To fix that U can copy the fast_lane.ai to the Data folder and rename it to ideal_line.ai. I'll be looking at making a new set of AI on Saturday.

0.7.5 Trees & some reworkings on the walls

Hey there!

I decided to add some surroundings through S2 & S3. Completely covered with trees now.^^

Performancewise, this version has some issues. That's due to the high concentration of objects, but I'm planning to work on this issue this weekend.

I give you this small update right now to show of, what the location is going to look like in the final version. It doesn't look this nice as well, since it's a fast done job. I will add treelines and have much more variations in the chosen...

New version 0.7.6

Heyho,

I worked on the tarmac to make it more visible.

Patchnotes:
- lighter tarmac
- reduced grip on kerbs
- changed some trees to treelines, to reduce number of objects
- added more trees directly behind the trackwalls, to create a more woodland-like immersion :inlove:

Changes should improve performance up to 10%.

Have fun, everyone! :)

Trackside Objects

Hello again! :0)

I was a little bit busy with the trackside objects.

Changelog:
- Worked on trackside objects (Overhaul of all trees, marshallhuts with marshalls, tracksafetycars, infield-entry-bridge etc.)
- Increased the overall grip slightly, due to the lack of racing line :devilish:

Next steps:
- Adding racing lines (I know, what to do about that, but I simply do not have the right tools ready for that right now)
- Optimization (Right now, almost every small detail generates it's own...

Some Tweaks here and there...

Some Trackside Objects added and reworked for better overall look.

Fixed:
- Some walls weren't actual walls. Now fixed.
- Sections are now working properly.

To do:
- Need to rework the AI. To much problems in the first corner after the long backstraight. Wrong line in the chicane. Think, I'll do it next week.
- Racing Line at all.
- Trackcamneras. I started to experiment with that a little and it should be done in a few weeks time, but I will see.

I don't know, if the tracksurface isn't...

:confused: Well this is a nice surprise. :laugh:
I had started working on a CSP lighting spec for this track, but gave up when the windows on the trackside object textures got... complicated. If you'd like, I can update it to fit the new version of the track and send it to you to contribute to an official one. (I had been working on it for the CSP repository, but it might as well be part of the mod itself.)
Screenshot_zbw_ferrari_488_gte_weatherfieldinternationalspeedway_9-8-120-16-26-17.jpgScreenshot_zbw_ferrari_488_gte_weatherfieldinternationalspeedway_9-8-120-16-25-43.jpgScreenshot_zbw_ferrari_488_gte_weatherfieldinternationalspeedway_9-8-120-16-24-55.jpgScreenshot_zbw_ferrari_488_gte_weatherfieldinternationalspeedway_9-8-120-16-24-34.jpgScreenshot_zbw_ferrari_488_gte_weatherfieldinternationalspeedway_9-8-120-16-23-33.jpg

:confused: Well this is a nice surprise. :laugh:
I had started working on a CSP lighting spec for this track, but gave up when the windows on the trackside object textures got... complicated. If you'd like, I can update it to fit the new version of the track and send it to you to contribute to an official one. (I had been working on it for the CSP repository, but it might as well be part of the mod itself.)
View attachment 396782View attachment 396783View attachment 396784View attachment 396785View attachment 396786

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a second.

You did what? This is indeed a nice surprise, too! :geek:
Do as you please, I think it would be better to put this in the CSP repository, since not everyone uses CSP so not everyone needs it in the mod itself.

May I post a little request? While you are working on the lights, it would be nice to have some sort of light comming off the marshall stands beside the track. (If this doesn't take too much work or is otherwise unrecommandable. Or maybe you're planning this anyway.) :-D

Great photos btw, I really appreciate that. :thumbsup:

But I warn you, I may add a few more lightpoles and stuff in the future to sector 2 & 3. Though it goes through the woods, there are some grandstands and cameras set up. Would be unrealistic to leave them in total darkness, but we'll see. :)

Oh, and thank you alot! I only work on this track when I do really have nothing else to do or when I am in the mood for it. I don't have the time to go full send into trackmodding, so I would have never thought about adding tracklights.

And sorry for the window textures... XD
I only use the assets from the steam workshop for RTB. I addmit, I have absolutely no idea how to change textures etc. That's why there is a big "Barcelona" on the timetower... XD But it looks good, so I keep it. :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back