FFB real-time monitoring now possible

I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to the efforts of the developer of rF2 Shared Memory Tools plugin and the developer of SimHub, we've now once again gained the ability to do something that I was sorely missing in rF2 for months now - monitor the FFB in real time. See the rightmost bar in my pedal widget:

i-jXLcdxn.gif

You can also see it in action in a video on my channel where I also show my (very basic) dashboard I currently use, but you probably don't want to listen to my awkward commentary ;)

Obviously you can use this and display it in all sorts of way, this is just something I quickly put together based on how the FFB monitor often works in other games.

I honestly can't thank enough both of the devs who made it possible, it is such a crucial thing IMO that was sorely missing from rF2 since the DX9 plugin with the same functionality stopped working due to the switch to DX11.

Edit 21. 2. 2019:
Since people are still asking for a guide and apparently struggling, here's a few screenshots to hopefully help you achieve a gauge like you see above in SimHub.

dashboard1.png

dashboard2.png

dashboard3.png

dashboard4.png

dashboard5.png

Please note that this is simply how I use the available data. You can obviously do pretty much anything you like with them, this is just one possibility of many.

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea what you mean by having to drive with vsync on or about delays or lag. I can absolutely drive with vsync off (though it gets a bit more complicated in borderless window mode if you are using the overlays, but technically it still runs with vsync off), and I don't see any lag with either my dashboard on phone or with the overlays.
Phone would be fine, overlays are a stuttery mess for me.

I have downloaded your file (dashboard). When i try to open your dashboard in my tablet it crashes and keeps loading for ever. I converted it in overlay (the simhub has an option for that) and opened in my pc as an overlay and it runs fine. I think it is awkward to be not working in my tablet mas working in pc do you know what could possible be wrong?

I have downloaded your file (dashboard). When i try to open your dashboard in my tablet it crashes and keeps loading for ever. I converted it in overlay (the simhub has an option for that) and opened in my pc as an overlay and it runs fine. I think it is awkward to be not working in my tablet mas working in pc do you know what could possible be wrong?
What browser did you use (and what tablet is it, iPad or Android)? I tried it using an iPad, and had to use Safari, as I believe it doesn't work well in Chrome.

@Martin Fiala what on earth could be causing the crazy differences in FFB strength between mods. The new Cortina mod has really got me wondering - the FFB is ridiculously heavy on DD wheels. The Mak-Corp Grp C mod (even on the lowest FFB setting in the Tuning menu) and the Datsun Bluebird are all way too strong, when compared to, for instance the Puma GTE from Reiza Pack or the S397 Spark. The BMW 2002tii that we are racing this week however, has pretty weak FFB. The Spark [EDIT: I meant Datsun] and theBMW 2002tii are from the same modder - DazzerX. I've tagged Martin, but does anybody know what's going on here. I had a guy who knows more than me, tell me that this is down to suspension geometry, but how come this is so obvious on DD wheels, where people on belt driven don't really notice?

It's driving me nuts. :roflmao: I'm sure there's a simple answer, but nobody seems to know?

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheel and also noticed the big variation in force feed back of cars from different modders. I have found that I need to set the the FFB multiplier on average to between .6 to .75 for most cars but some to as low as .3 and the URD PX2 car to 1.1. I set FFB multiplier to .7 before I start this gives a good starting point and then readjust if required. Once set for that particular car it gets saved and no need to reset. I realise this doesn't cure the the overall problem. Hope this may be helpful to you.

@Denis Betty Well good thing the forum notified me of your question...

Then again, I don't really know. It's a question to the modders, really, and I have no knowledge of how you create mods. I always assumed it is up to the modder to set the baselines, and if they do it wrong or purposefully (mis)adjust them, then you get variations in FFB compared to what you should get if everything was set correctly. I don't think it's a coincidence that most mods with "misadjusted" FFB tend to have several options of FFB strength you can choose from (which is a practice I completely disagree with, BTW, and I'm always wary when I get to try a new mod that has this).

There seems to be that one setting I mentioned to you earlier in our conversation, the maximum force or whatever it was, that I think might be responsible.

But again, a modder should answer this, I'm just speculating.

@Highlandwalker Well, there might be a need to readjust later, because rF2 sadly resets the FFB multiplier every time a car is updated.

one question about plugin: it works perfectly but i have noticed this: when i have found a good strenght value, the ffb bar never goes red in the turns if i dont touch curbs, but goes fully red at the start of heavy braking. then it decreases together pedal pressure. i'm pretty happy with the value (0.80 with BMW M6 GT3 in this case), and i think i can forget it, but why it happens only while braking?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back