FFB real-time monitoring now possible

I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to the efforts of the developer of rF2 Shared Memory Tools plugin and the developer of SimHub, we've now once again gained the ability to do something that I was sorely missing in rF2 for months now - monitor the FFB in real time. See the rightmost bar in my pedal widget:

i-jXLcdxn.gif

You can also see it in action in a video on my channel where I also show my (very basic) dashboard I currently use, but you probably don't want to listen to my awkward commentary ;)

Obviously you can use this and display it in all sorts of way, this is just something I quickly put together based on how the FFB monitor often works in other games.

I honestly can't thank enough both of the devs who made it possible, it is such a crucial thing IMO that was sorely missing from rF2 since the DX9 plugin with the same functionality stopped working due to the switch to DX11.

Edit 21. 2. 2019:
Since people are still asking for a guide and apparently struggling, here's a few screenshots to hopefully help you achieve a gauge like you see above in SimHub.

dashboard1.png

dashboard2.png

dashboard3.png

dashboard4.png

dashboard5.png

Please note that this is simply how I use the available data. You can obviously do pretty much anything you like with them, this is just one possibility of many.

Last edited:
Yeah being a VR user if it doesn't work then it's no good to me unfortunately but thank you for your efforts :)

I've grown accustomed to using the DAMplugin to show FFB Forces now but would obviously still prefer something in Real Time.

It depends. If you want the data displayed in some nicer way, you need SimHub, yes (or possibly some other dashboard app in the future, it they decide to implement the support for this). If you are content with looking at a numerical value, you don't technically need to install anything and just run the shared memory monitor (included with the plugin), which shows the FFB value as well now.

Thanks for the heads up Martin,

I just updated Sinhub and the Shared Memory plugin but to the life of me, I can't find the FFB pedal widget anywhere. I wear thick glasses, I know I'm blind!

Do you have a big fog light for me?

@MotherDawg You have to add it yourself by editing the overlay/dashboard you use.

Personally, I just used a default vertical linear gauge and set its value to this NCalc formula:

abs([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.forceFeedback.mForceValue])*100

I guess you could do without the "*100" part if you changed the maximum value for the gauge from 100 to 1, but I just didn't bother ;)

And then I also defined a color change based on the value of the gauge so it turned red the more it approached 100. That's a standard SimHub feature, so very easy to add/edit.

Other than the above description which should be easy enough to follow, I guess I can share my complete pedal/FFB widget directly:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkrjcxz0fiqvmg5/Pedal_FFB_overlay.simhubdash?dl=1

Other than that, I'm really not sure what else can I do for you. It's really not that difficult to edit your own dashboard, you should definitely give it a try, nothing beats a dashboard that's your own, edited to your exact needs.

It depends. If you want the data displayed in some nicer way, you need SimHub, yes (or possibly some other dashboard app in the future, it they decide to implement the support for this). If you are content with looking at a numerical value, you don't technically need to install anything and just run the shared memory monitor (included with the plugin), which shows the FFB value as well now.
Thank you for your plugin. I put "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64" into \Bin64\Plugins\ folder. But the plugin still not work. Did I do any thing wrong?

It's not my plugin.
Is the plugin activated in the game? And are you using SimHub to access the data it provides?
Thank you for your answer.
The plugin is not work in the game. And I think maybe I found the reason, the DX version in my computer is not DX11, that is DX12. So the plugin maybe can not work at DX12.
I am not using SimHub. I just want to see the FFB in the game like your video.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back