AC Festive Fun #2: Surprise Event 2 races, Wed 21th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000 The times int he first post says BST. Does that mean the mod is being uploaded in 20 minutes, or 1hr 20 mins? If the second one, then it should really be GMT

@HF2000 The times int he first post says BST. Does that mean the mod is being uploaded in 20 minutes, or 1hr 20 mins? If the second one, then it should really be GMT
1hr 20mins.
Or simpler: 20 minutes before the event starts and you can see the "correct" times with cet/bst/utc in the event session times.

But yeah, bst is British summer some, isn't it? I'm a cet guy and cest in the summer :p

CET and BST are the same time, hence why I just wanted to check because in the UK we are using GMT at the moment.
Yeah the bst part is incorrect, for the race sessions Han listed utc alongside, so you can make sense of it, but probably confusing when you're in UK time.
He's located in the Netherlands so British Summer Time just changed to BritiSh Time :roflmao:

Btw @HF2000 I'm on my way home and will make it to Race 1 :D

MODS TO INSTALL:
Race 1:

Race 2:

You probably have to leave the server after race 1 and join race 2 when it's up. Don't forget to refresh in CM or otherwise leave CM and start again.

Guys,

After the event has started, I won't read new posts here anymore. You can contact me via voicechat on Discord.

Fun night, thanks Han as always!! And thanks to everyone who joined, it's fantastic to see so many drivers with the old Assetto.
I'm sorry if I was shouting or not speaking loud, I'm not used to the microphone and my settings were not good (I couldn't hear myself...).

Very satisfied with my second race on the Mazda, pretty competitive and close to good references like UFO Wright and Han.
I've quit race 1 because I had suffered massive carnage and preferred to rest for the next one. The Ligier is much more fun than expected to be honest (and too ugly haha).
The circuit of Baku is beautiful for simracing!

Last edited:
@Reefabus Our coming together was an epic fail from both of us :laugh:
I just checked because I was quite confused during the race about what happened there.
I bounced off the outside barrier, while you were getting the "Gegenpendler" (tankslapper?) from exit oversteer due to RWD.
We simply steered into each other :roflmao:

Reefabus_Baku_Crash.jpg

Probably my worst race, but luckily not the loneliest! Was great fun in the first 2 and the last 20 minutes. And the first race was very nice as a whole!
I just didn't understand the car until the last 15 minutes.. Spinning under braking, massive understeer while coasting, little oversteer for the first 60% of throttle, understeer for the top 30% of throttle.
I've spun so many times... But thanks to most of you taking the MX-5, I could catch up with some decent laps in the end (did the 3rd best lap! :D)

Had to miss race one but glad I made it to the second one. A lot of fun with Colin, Steve and Thomas... I had good pace but had two incidents (one my own doing), the latter put me in the middle of the straight and thus in the path of incoming cars that had to do evasive maneuvers at high speed (sorry Rasmus for the heart attack). I think I ended up where I started but had a lot of fun the entire race, not a dull moment!

Thanks for organising Han and congrats to the winners and podiums. Hope I can make it next tuesday, you know how Xmas holidays go... hohoho! :laugh:

the latter put me in the middle of the straight and thus in the path of incoming cars that had to do evasive maneuvers at high speed (sorry Rasmus for the heart attack
I just checked the replay and I actually managed to get through like I planned :roflmao::whistling:
Sorry for hitting you at full speed though.. Really didn't anticipated you going backwards so quickly but watching the replay, it made sense!

Oh oh.. But I don't wanna slow down completely... :redface:
1671660553605.png

Looks like they're on the left side, I should fly past without issues!
1671660572100.png

Crap... That's gonna be close :poop::confused:
1671660676243.png

Did it!!! :barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::roflmao:

1671660714726.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements