AC Festive Fun #2: Surprise Event 2 races, Wed 21th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A fun evening, as advertised, thanks Han for organising.

Too many mistakes in the Ligier (contact with the walls) put me dead last.

Race 2 was much better. Qualified ok and avoided most of the early crashes.

Ran in the top 10 and endured the Abarths catching then breezing past. Found some pace and ended up in a closing laps battle with Callum and Robert for P7.

Had Robert on my tail throughout the last 2 laps and thought I had held him off when I pushed too hard on the last proper corner and got into a left spin then fell through the track and had to teleport myself to the pits.

Good close racing with you guys again, great fun.

Last edited:
Enjoyed having a full grid for race 1, even if my own race didn't go as planned. Was nice to have some company from Ernie back there too :laugh: And for as much of a mess that it was, everyone was still attempting to wait (without getting punted themselves) :roflmao: .

Race 2 went better for me leading to some great racing with almost half the field! I really enjoyed that track, despite the lack of pits and the hole Doug found :( rip

I enjoyed the chatter today too. Nice way to end the year after some more serious racing throughout. Good reminder were all just hanging out playing video games together :) :D

Have a good holiday everyone. I'll see some of you next week at the next surprise, and to those I wont, have a happy new year! :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting this together Han! I enjoyed "sight reading" the track as we went :geek:

Last edited:
and too ugly haha
Yeah today we only used the white skin for some reason :roflmao:
During the championship with these cars, I replaced the original skins with the F1 skins:
ligier_skins_f1-jpg.569314

Who are you calling ugly now?! :roflmao:
1671664247419.png

Both races, the worst starts to both races I have ever had, and I am used to bad starts.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Both races I really enjoyed, funny old world this sim racing, you never know what you are going to end up with.
Well done to one and all, podiums too.
Great event it turned out to be too, both races.
Cheers Han for all that you have done for us this year, not forgetting Brian too.
You have both sacrificed much to make 2022 a most memorable sim racing experience for all of us.
:)

Both races, the worst starts to both races I have ever had, and I am used to bad starts.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Both races I really enjoyed, funny old world this sim racing, you never know what you are going to end up with.
Well done to one and all, podiums too.
Great event it turned out to be too, both races.
Cheers Han for all that you have done for us this year, not forgetting Brian too.
You have both sacrificed much to make 2022 a most memorable sim racing experience for all of us.
:)
Do you have your replay to check what spun you around in the Abarth Lap 1?
I just had a look to check if I caused a chain reaction, but I only caused some traffic jam with Steve and the people around me.
Sorry Steve! :redface:
I forgot to brake while I was lol'ing around with this view:
1671665318298.png

The Abarths looked sooo big :roflmao:

But anyway, WTF happened to Ernie?! His rear got "Godsmacked" (as a kid I thought gobsmacked would be godsmacked...

I just had a look to check if I caused a chain reaction, but I only caused some traffic jam with Steve and the people around me.
View attachment 625221

But anyway, WTF happened to Ernie?! His rear got "Godsmacked" (as a kid I thought gobsmacked would be godsmacked...
Im pretty sury that Marcus Ericsson hit him............ :D

Last edited:
View attachment 625221

Probably some one with a high ping bouncing around.

Well first of all, I was aware that the Rotters in Mazdas were going to be problematic with no chance of getting away with such short straights and Mazdas having the speed advantage.
But the incidents were nothing to do with you ( @RasmusP ) or anyone else, just one of those things.
After the first corner I was in survival mode, my spatial awareness had left me by then.:O_o:
It was a massive server glitch that effected us all, I got pinged, it was amazing that so little happed, considering the extent of the glitch.
Probably those with low ping were less affected than those with high pings.

It was very nice of you to wait Rasmus , you were so far removed from the problem, you hardly needed to , but it kept me company until I got over being struck these Mazda Rotters.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Han was in the same boat as me, he was in survival mode to.

Yes Rasmus, because my ping is low I can see it happen in reasonable real time. When it happened to you it also affected some other drivers as well, exactly at the same time.
It was a server glitch that got you and the unfortunate Mazda that hit me, cannot believe I am being kind to a Mazda.
:roflmao:

I had a lot of fun yesterday in both races. I must admit that it was my goal to trick most of you to drive the Ligier on a GPK F1 track so you could see with your own eyes how much fun but also challenging these combo's are. Another goal is to have some new guys with us in the Abarth/Mazda events to get them interested.

I love the Baku track and with the Abarth it's a great track to drive, especially with a lot of Mazda's around. The straight is so long that you can use the full potential of the superior top speed of the Abarth. So I didn't really mind that I was hit in the first laps and was thrown back. Together with Ernie we ploughed through the Mazda field in front of us. And in the last meters of the race I could beat Jorge with a few inches to take 3rd.

Congrats to the podiums. and thanks all for joining. Next week suprise event will be a totally different one: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...lp-santa-claus-tue-27th-december-2022.253206/

I had a lot of fun yesterday in both races. I must admit that it was my goal to trick most of you to drive the Ligier on a GPK F1 track so you could see with your own eyes how much fun but also challenging these combo's are. Another goal is to have some new guys with us in the Abarth/Mazda events to get them interested.

I love the Baku track and with the Abarth it's a great track to drive, especially with a lot of Mazda's around. The straight is so long that you can use the full potential of the superior top speed of the Abarth. So I didn't really mind that I was hit in the first laps and was thrown back. Together with Ernie we ploughed through the Mazda field in front of us. And in the last meters of the race I could beat Jorge with a few inches to take 3rd.

Congrats to the podiums. and thanks all for joining. Next week suprise event will be a totally different one: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/festive-fun-race-3-help-santa-claus-tue-27th-december-2022.253206
Sorry i kicked you off on the corner Han. But then again, you probably deserved it when i recall the pain you put me through :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

It was a server glitch that got you
Nice of you to say this, but I simply forgot to brake while I was pressing push to talk, telling you all how funny the Abarths would be looking in a field of MX-5's :roflmao:

Does my car look glitched on your own replay?

Are you sure that it was a server glitch? All other cars are perfectly fine on my replay, including myself.
It's really only your car that glitched out.
So it was either your Internet (then all cars will glitch on your own replay) or it was one single mx-5 behind you that glitched out (should be visible on @HF2000 replay then).

It doesn't really matter in the end, but I'd be curious about this!

Nice of you to say this, but I simply forgot to brake while I was pressing push to talk, telling you all how funny the Abarths would be looking in a field of MX-5's :roflmao:

Does my car look glitched on your own replay?

Are you sure that it was a server glitch? All other cars are perfectly fine on my replay, including myself.
It's really only your car that glitched out.
So it was either your Internet (then all cars will glitch on your own replay) or it was one single mx-5 behind you that glitched out (should be visible on @HF2000 replay then).

It doesn't really matter in the end, but I'd be curious about this!
From looking at my replay I can see two significant issues/glitches with the server.

The first in lap one, at I recall around 2:22 in the replay, Ernie suddenly spins while driving straight as though someone crashed into him but no one appears close enough (could be glitch with Ernie connection but the crash isn't visible on my replay, just the spin).

The second at around 34:20 (from memory) BOTH Jira and Kimi disappeared from the server at EXACTLY the same time despite not being anywhere near each other (you see the classic carrying on straight into the scenery).

Might be worth Han getting them checked out given this is now our new server platform.

Greetings everyone;
Big thanks once again to Han for organizing the event. It is nice to make everyone's acquaintance here. My apologies for having to bail out of race session early and for crashing into anyone. As I mentioned to Han, my car was glitching all over the track, and I found myself stuck against the wall for most of the first two laps or ramming into people. I figured I better got off the server before causing total chaos. I don't know if it was because I am in California and my ping was a bit high, but my connection was lagging big time.

It was a hoot to drive that little Ligier while it lasted and I'm happy to have downloaded those Baku tracks--really sweet. Thanks again, and I'll try making some upgrades here (thinking to buy a new, more power PC anyway) and see if that helps.

I'll give it another try next year. Happy holidays!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%