PC2 Ferrari 488 Challenge Heads List Project Cars 2 Update Notes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 1.jpg

Project CARS 2 has been updated on PC, now includes the new Ferrari 488 Challenge race car and selected liveries.

Deployed to PC today with console versions expected to launch "imminently", the fifth patch for Project CARS 2 is here and comes with a nice selection of fixes and improvements to the racing title, headlined by the brand new Ferrari 488 Challenge car that comes to the simulation at no additional cost.

Alongside the headline grabbing new Ferrari, other highlights from patch 5 include two new layouts to the Leipzig circuit, various AI improvements under multiple weather conditions and an annoying issue that causes drivers to be stuck on track during various official sessions.

Update 5 Change Notes:
  • Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.  
  • Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit.
  • Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
  • Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
  • Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
  • Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
  • Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
  • Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
  • Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
  • Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
  • Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
  • Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 2.jpg
Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 3.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new update? Enjoying the new 488 Challenge? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
"I don't bother with AA" but set MSAA to High !
ROFLMAO
I used to play @4k also but with 55" 4k TV and AA is definitely required at this size screen .
Actually has the same PPI as a 27" 1080p monitor. So if you'd use AA on that 27" screen ,why not @4k ?
There is still massive shimmer and jaggies @4k but now I have similar AA issues playing in VR

I use a 34" monitor at 3440x1440 120Hz and have absolutely no problems.
Unless you are using the best and highest quality TV there is no comparison.
:D
Bloody Muppet!

Last edited:
The game for me has several flaws, from the interface (too many clicks to get things done, looks like a game for kids) and HUD design (can't bind a key to turn on/off the virtual and cockpit mirrors separately depending on the needs in game, and other stuff) to the features (can't hide the arms or stop the virtual steering wheel rotation) and gameplay modes (no free practice open to AI cars, fixed fuel for time trial, many cars that start time trial with cold tires, in many tracks the time trial starts in shitty places, the most stupid track-cut penalty system designed by man). When I play it, I'm already accepting a compromise. If then I have also to experience bugs, of any kinds, then things start becoming annoying for me.
Restarting the game to fix a problem it's ok until it starts to annoy me, of course, and this would certainly be the case if I'd have to do it often, because even if that specific bug isn't messing a race, it makes me loose time.

clearly not the game for you so just move on, I've bought loads of games that I thought I'd like and I just don't, mega million selling games that are extremely popular even. I have no problem with the Interface, no issue with the HUD design. I don't want to remove the arms or wheel. I don't get cut track penalties often (maybe because I'm not going over the track limits?) and if I do then I accept the penalties and keep going. To me it's like you are finding excuses to not like the game, when you get to that point it's time to do what I said at the start and just move on.

Some of the things you mention are good, and in other games so I play those others when I want those things, but PC2 does a shed load they do not so I play PC2 to get that fix.

Yeah ,Im a massive fan of pC2 but the invalidate lap and next lap really shiy me to tears . Sure get brid of current lap but surely 5 corners before the start/finish line I cant be making up time for me next lap !

"Finding a excuses to not like the game..."
Mate, if it wasn't disrespectful I'd say that you are starting to take the shape of a troll. :whistling:
On the contrary, considering that I paid 75€ to join the testing I can see myself only trying to find reasons to like it, instead of thinking that maybe I wasted my money.
If I find the game bad for some reason, I can come here and say it, whenever I want. Deal with that, because maybe will happen again.
Pcars 2 is missing options that I find in games of a decade ago, not just in modern competitors. You're cool with that? Good for you. I'm not. And I won't move on, I'll keep giving a spin every once in a while and then come here and complain if I'll feel the need for that, pointing what I think in my opinion is wrong or missing. This because I paid good money for it, so I earned the right to complain about that. And I won't go and do this in the support forum, since I pointed this stuff already as a tester.
As for the track-cut penalty system, that is something on which Ben Collins himself complained. So, I'm in good company on that. I've never seen a real life qualify event where the car gets the current laptime and the next one! deleted because a part of the car went on the grass in some place of the track. Maybe because in real life that actually gives you a slower lap in the end, so there is no need for a penalty, it's not like cutting a chicane.
And I'm done with this discussion. Bye.

Yeah that's fair enough I apologise, I misinterpreted the tone of our post (very easy to do on the net) and filed in amongst the crap rantings often aimed at the game. FWIW I did spend a bit of time with those combos to try and help you (sorry if I sounded like a troll, not my intent). Sadly I could not replicate the issues so gawd only knows what is happening.

I agree affecting the next lap is an issue, but I can see some people sacrificing a final corner exit being valid to get good drive onto the the start of the next lap. It's OTT I agree but like I say I just use that lap to bang in another because lapping consistency is the key for me.

That was anything but a review and more a story about a kid using a xbox controller driving like.......a kid

"I make up serious time, and spin out that prick in the silver car with a quick touch to a rear fender."

It's reviews like this that lure arcade racers to sims and lower the quality of mp with there lack of race knowledge and etiquette.

The first comment summed up this so called review pretty well.
"Cool story bro!"

Last edited:
Well, it's safe to say we don't have the very same sense for what fun is.
I'll quote myself:
The craziest (drunkest too) review ever

then part of the actual interview:
“CONTACT Lap Time invalidated” says the annoying yellow AR sigil in the corner of my vision.
I care not.
I haul the wheel around and mash the accelerator.
:laugh:

And I sincerely doubt they actually "kids". They were legal enough to drink for God's sake... :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back