PC2 Ferrari 488 Challenge Heads List Project Cars 2 Update Notes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 1.jpg

Project CARS 2 has been updated on PC, now includes the new Ferrari 488 Challenge race car and selected liveries.

Deployed to PC today with console versions expected to launch "imminently", the fifth patch for Project CARS 2 is here and comes with a nice selection of fixes and improvements to the racing title, headlined by the brand new Ferrari 488 Challenge car that comes to the simulation at no additional cost.

Alongside the headline grabbing new Ferrari, other highlights from patch 5 include two new layouts to the Leipzig circuit, various AI improvements under multiple weather conditions and an annoying issue that causes drivers to be stuck on track during various official sessions.

Update 5 Change Notes:
  • Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.  
  • Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit.
  • Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
  • Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
  • Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
  • Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
  • Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
  • Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
  • Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
  • Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
  • Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
  • Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 2.jpg
Project Cars 2 Update 5 - 3.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new update? Enjoying the new 488 Challenge? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yet another vague update, that doesn't really tell you what's actually been fixed, the menu system was buggy, nothing in the patch note mentioned if it was fixed, according to the developers, it's up to us to confirm what has been fixed, what a load of bs I say, though I do love pcars 2.

No way! I cant believe that SMS actually gave us something free :confused::confused::confused:
They gave away a free car every month with Project Cars 1, what planet you on.

Yet another vague update, that doesn't really tell you what's actually been fixed, the menu system was buggy, nothing in the patch note mentioned if it was fixed, according to the developers, it's up to us to confirm what has been fixed, what a load of bs I say, though I do love pcars 2.

They gave away a free car every month with Project Cars 1, what planet you on.

Yeah.. but never a "Ferrari".

I'm really not some street cars/closed wheel expert, I have absolutely no clue about this car and if you asked me before... I would say that it's probably in game already.
Those cars... they all look a bit all the same to me. Sorry. :redface:
So I really don't care about this car, it can be in it can be out. It's nice that it's free, I agree though.

What I wish and pray for, and especially now since PC is closely tied with Indycars... is some of the historic Indy/CART seasons. I know, I know... probably will never happened but hey... a girl can dream huh ? And since I'm already here... :D you can't stop me now, I'll say it out loud. My favorite seasons... :x3:
My favorite season would be 1997 (yup my avatar says it all) or at least closely it can get to it... 1998, 1996,...

I'm open wheel nuts, yes, I admit.
I drove other cars too but... you can't go against your heart right ? :)
And agree with me or don't but I feel like in today's PC2 ...we open wheel guys doesn't have that much fun as these ...other guys. SMS even cut the number of their own Formulas, it used to be Formula B earlier, right ?

From their patch notes on the official forum:
These notes are noticably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

Haha, their excuses are really original. Not that I'm buying what they are telling us, but ok, what about sending short list to certification authorities and giving us complete patch notes on the forum? No? Ahh, I see, it was too much work for you and you had to find a way out of what you started. Typical SMS. Promises, promises... excuses.

From their patch notes on the official forum:

Haha, their excuses are really original. Not that I'm buying what they are telling us, but ok, what about sending short list to certification authorities and giving us complete patch notes on the forum? No? Ahh, I see, it was too much work for you and you had to find a way out of what you started. Typical SMS. Promises, promises... excuses.

lol noticed that too. Seems they are getting even more creative in their reasoning...

Never mind that there is no certification process for PC releases so they could just dump all the notes and changelogs in there... but of course they wont do that. Which is also funny, because the patch isnt even out for the consoles yet. :rolleyes:

It's an odd excuse, they must know what they fixed, maybe it will come later. I know they didn't fix anything that i wanted them to fix anyway didn't take me long to realise that, they never do. Well apart from Ai tweaks are always welcome, i guess the new cars & layouts are a good thing.

It's an odd excuse, they must know what they fixed, maybe it will come later. I know they didn't fix anything that i wanted them to fix anyway didn't take me long to realise that, they never do. Well apart from Ai tweaks are always welcome, i guess the new cars & layouts are a good thing.

I'm on the same train. I got my refound 2 times on PCARS 2. Not a big fan of PCARS 1 but it feels 10x better in my T300rs.

Nice add on.
I have a question for you guys. Does the game evolve cince the first month? I played this game 30h when he was out. Then returned to asseto corsa.. I mean the ffb and ai was so horrible.... What about now? Do tou think it worth a new installation The graphic are so nice!
Thx for your opinion

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back