Ferrari 288 GTO

Cars Ferrari 288 GTO Version 1.2.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTOfire updated Ferrari 288 GTO with a new update entry:

Entirely new physics and visual improvements

Physics have been redone from scratch (no more use of previous source data). It's a whole different animal now, but in a very very good way. It has retained it's agility and some of the brake oversteer, but it all feels much more natural now.

Forget what you did with this car previously, but remember to still sufficiently respect the twin turbo! Enjoy!

Also included in this update are some visual improvements to the lights and ambient occlusion on the exterior.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amazing job !
Great physics. Just a question : what must I do to have the arms of the driver in car ? I see the driver with out cam but not with copitt cam.
Thanks !

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that question myself. I don't understand much about the animations, and it was rather surprising to me as well that the driver has no hands in cockpit view. It's on the list of known issues to fix, but it'll be a while since I first need to find out how the hell it even works. Sorry, no driver arms for the time being.

Assorted visual upgrades

Thanks very much to Sovers for his help, both the stuff I used and the kick in the pants it gave me to fix some other things up. Most importantly: the driver is now properly visible and actually holding the wheel!
Additional stuff includes proper tyres, popup headlights, shader and texture improvements of various kinds and the addition of 2 new colors as well as new colors now being trivial to add.

View attachment 92994 View attachment 92993

Updated for 1.3, model improvements, physics improvements, Group B stage upgrade

- Version 1.0 (what's in a number right? There's always work that could be done)
* Physics updated to AC 1.3 (old tyre model)
* New Group B upgrade available, trying to represent a GTO when fitted for rallying. Turbo pushed beyond stock limits, better brakes, slick tyres, adjustable final gear ratio, increased ride height, suspension changes and additional setup options. Group B stage has a model to match, featuring extra wide rear fenders to house the much wider tyres and a race interior.

Yep, they're a bit off when turning left especially. They were made by Sovers since I don't know how to make them myself so they're better than what I could produce. So they're as good as they'll get unless he feels like spending more time on them in the future to refine it.

Tyre model updated, setup and skin fixes

* Updated tyre model, doesn't feel much different but it's a little less grippy, especially for street90s.
* Altered group B default setup to have more negative camber and toe in rather than toe out in the front. It didn't make a lot of sense to use the 'safe' factory settings for this version.
* Fixed missing Ambient Occlusion on Group B rossocorsa skin.
* Fixed skin template for group B not applying Ambient Occlusion properly due to an alpha channel being present on the layer.
* Added...

Both cars are not working. i am using steam and program is up to date.
When i go to race it just goes back to main car menu.

Hmm, just got back from a short vacation and tried the road car on Spa, which loaded fine for me. Can you check your Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\ and upload any txt files in there that are changed when you do this? Most likely launcher.log, log.txt and perhaps errors.txt

Hopefully that contains a workable error message or code callstack to deduce what's going wrong.

RPM gauge has been slightly off since beta 1, fixed now!

Apologies for the quick succession of updates to those who had just finished grabbing the last one. But in case you were wondering why the car would only rev to like 7.5K when it's listed at 7.8K, it's because the gauge was off and not displaying at the right scale :o

If you cba downloading a complete 150meg updated file you can easily fix it yourself by going into data/analog_instruments.ini and changing [RPM_INDICATOR]'s STEP=0.0245 to 0.025
No other change was made to either cars other...

Hello GTOFire is it possible to increase the size of the rear wheels a little bit int e Street Version of the 288 GTO, because they are a bit small. The Real One are wider and ends exactly the body.
This is a small detail which i don't like.
I tried it my self, with no experience 3dsimed 3: I have scaled x on the rear wheel from 1 to 1.3 an in the Editor it looks perfect but in Assetto the Rear Light are messed up?

If you really want to scale them, you can select the wheels and scale them, but you have to make sure to freeze those transforms so the object thinks this new 1.3 scale is it's new 1.0. Assetto Corsa doesn't handle scaled objects very well and will rescale all objects to 1.0. I don't have 3d max so unfortunately I can't provide any help in how to make that happen for you tho.

I won't change the 'official' version here because the wheel model is scaled to be exactly the same as the manual specifies the rear wheels to be. There are many different photoshoots for this car and I tried my best to make sure the wheels sat where they should be. I don't feel making them 30% wider would be any more accurate than they currently are. Cheers for still driving this tho, I had no clue if anyone still was :)

Don't sell yourself short, this thing's great and Felipe's physics are always very very good. Step versions are also a lot of fun

If you were to update it to new tires & other bits and pieces, I promise it wouldn't go unnoticed. ;)

Thanks GTOfire for your fast Info. Your are right factor 1.3 is to much. 225 front and 255 rear.
I leave them as they are and manipulate the Graphics Offset within the suspensions.ini

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=-0.0 ; Ferrari 288 GTO by GTOfire. Physics by Felipe Vaiano & RallyLegends.
SUSP_LF=-0.0 ; Ferrari 288 GTO by GTOfire. Physics by Felipe Vaiano & RallyLegends.
WHEEL_RF=0.0 ; Right front as above
SUSP_RF=0.0 ; Right front as above
WHEEL_LR=0.05 ; Left rear as above
SUSP_LR=-0.0 ; Left rear as above
WHEEL_RR=-0.05 ; Right rear as above
SUSP_RR=0.0 ; Right rear as above

This looks fine for me.
By the way, many many thanks for this great GTO Collection.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back