Ferrari 288 GTO

Cars Ferrari 288 GTO Version 1.2.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the replies both :)

And yeah I could spend a bunch of time updating the cars to have tyre model v7, but then to be totally honest I would just be throwing in whatever the official cars have tyre wise from the F40 for the GTO, the 90s DTM for the Evoluzione and group B and the GT3 tyres for the 288XX. Cause I haven't the expertise to make the values up myself, and even the stuff I'd yoink I'd need to test and I would have no way of knowing if it was better (better meaning: more accurate to real life).

And I can barely remember the last time I drove AC, so I just don't have the will in me anymore to spend more effort on the collection.

Though if someone wants to go ahead and do that, by all means you have my blessing. If the work ends up feeling as good as the current version I might as well throw it in the official version and call it improved. But I don't reckon I'll be doing it myself any time soon, sorry :) If the 288XX had been picked for our league's GTE season it would have been a different story, but we unfortunately didn't end up going that route.

I think this mod is one of the bests ever.
Is there anybody who could fix it to the actual standards? Unfortunately I don't even know how much work it is.
It's a huge loss not to have this car anymore.

When v10 comes out I'll take another look at updating some things. In particular grabbing the F40 tyres and copying them over as they are made available. That's really the main thing that needs doing, very few things have changed in the simulation since release that require cars to be updated other than tyres. And even then, v6 wasn't much of a change from v5 at all, v7 also doesn't affect much unless you're running like a 30+ min race and the tyre temperatures and wear over time comes into play. I doubt v10 will have a huge impact either on road cars, since they're inherently more floaty and harder to quantify than race cars anyway.

So while I thank you for considering the car so valuable as to call it a huge loss, I don't think saying 'to not have this car anymore' makes any sense :p It's right here, available for download and fully functional as-is. I'll look into updating it late august after the patch but even if I didn't, the same exact experience that you love about it now will not cease to be available after that point in time. It's not going anywhere. And if I do find a moment to update it, it won't be much of a change I suspect. :)

Nice, will save me the trouble. I was going to have a go since you gave your blessing a couple posts up. :)

You may be surprised... in addition to some differences in the ini files, there are differences in core code at least for v10. For the time invested (not much - this part of AC physics is indeed cut-and-paste) it's probably a big return.

Oh well hey if you're interested you'll do a much better job than I could :p My only plan is to yoink existing tyres.ini and .lut files. F40 for the 288, McLaren F1 GTR for the Evoluzione and Group B stage, 488 GT3 for the 288XX.

I know enough to put in the right tyre sizes but that's all I ever knew about tyres. In doing the Evoluzione and 288XX physics myself I've learned a lot about how to use e.g. the suspensions.ini, but tyres are a mystery to me so if you have any knowledge that would extend beyond copy-pasting the closest kunos thing I can find, I would love your help.

If you'd like to help, hit me up on Steam (same name, GTOfire) once v10 hits and we can sort it out together.

edit: reading your post again you indeed state your plan was copy-pasta too, so I was perhaps a bit overexcited to enlist your help :)

Assuming the tires are correct in type and sized properly, it's Kunos' advice to copy their tires straight over. (That's why they provide the files in the SDK folder.) I've tended to follow that advice when I could.

That being said, its not unusual that the sizes are off or something needs tweaking for a given car. I've done plenty of that too. Let's get together on steam and sort it out when the new model trickles down to more tire types.

GTOfire and I talked a bit about this before my trip.

This version will not be updated with Kunos working on an official one. The fictional Group B car will meet the same fate. I'll work on updating the Evoluzione to current standards in the next few weeks as we agreed it's distinct enough to stand on its own.

Evoluzione is a very good car. It was very hard to drive on first versions, but the lastest one is very good to drive. With V10 tyres Im sure it will be a pleasurable car to drive on AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back