Female race car drivers...your opinion

strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces and can withstand higher loads than men ,and many fly fighter jets in Europe and are on par with the boys:)
Source to this?

I heard this before but i haven´t heard anything that Women are better then men at sustaining G-forces.
Only that they are equal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12433235?dopt=Abstract

In addition to supporting female soldiers in training, research also produced positive findings for female pilots. If they're outfitted properly, they can handle G-forces just as well as men and may be a bit better at tolerating decompression without becoming ill.
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/01/70006

It´s all about the heart to the brain distance. It has nothing to do with if you are a women or man.

Some are, there is a lot of individual variation. Most people start to lose consciousness if they’re relaxed between 5-7 Gs. Normally, the taller you are the less able you are to handle the Gs and that’s because it depends a lot on the heart to brain distance. The greater the distance, the more distance you have to pump blood up to the brain and that puts more strain so you have to maintain a higher blood pressure to do that. So people who tend to do a little bit better on average tend to be people who are short.

From an Air Force Major
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/interviews/interview/764/

Source to this?

i will look for it,couldnt find it yesterday,not sure if the link was taken down,but remember reading it a couple of years ago,and i believe the Statement was that ,on average women fare better then men in the centrifuge, simply because on average they are smaller then men
So out of 10 women per se ,only 2 will black out,and for men it is usually same or more out of 10
and also dont forget alot of that info's been hushed down

Ok but your statements was that Women could sustain higher G-loads then men.
...and can withstand higher loads than men

Or being better at counter-acting G-loads
strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces
I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with being a woman or man but rather simply the heart-to-brain distance which is key here.

I´m sure they will fair just as good but better? No i don´t think so. At least i haven´t found anything that point to women being better at that. Or can sustain higher loads.

well if the argument where : "on average women fare better then men in the centrifuge test ,cuz on average they are smaller then the men who also participated in the test" doesnt give u a better perspective on things ,then i guess you are just hell bent on the opposite and there is no sense of arguing,but in general this fact's been out there for a while now and if it isnt more substantiated is because it could turn things around

it doesnt correlate to you maybe,but it does to me

men are on average bigger,taller and with more volume then women are. If the general rule of thumb is: the closer the path from the heart to the brain ,the better the G-force counteract ability,then this argument is on average over,since on average women will have higher percentage of G tolerrance then men because they are on average smaller then men,the end

Women can withstand higher G-forces then men.
This is not true. They can achieve similar G-forces, just like men can.

strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces
Also not true. As you said yourself, it´s about the heart to brain distance.

The part where you said "on average" was not in your statement in any way. Do you know see that your own sentence does not correlate with your quote?

To remind you what you said, and what i answered, here´s your own words.

strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces and can withstand higher loads than men ,and many fly fighter jets in Europe and are on par with the boys

Yeah, and on average every human being has around 1 boob and around 0.5 penises. With a right subject group and manipulating in the right way you can make statistics say anything you want.
The average centrifuge results don't mean that women tolerate g-forces better. They just mean, that short women do better than tall men (and women).
And I'm pretty sure not that many tall people go to military flight schools.

This is not true. They can achieve similar G-forces, just like men can..

yes perhaps, as long as the military went out of their way and recruited women size men;)

The part where you said "on average" was not in your statement in any way. Do you know see that your own sentence does not correlate with your quote?
classic "clutch at the straw",since you fail to see the main point

Fact is your own words and the quote means two completely different things.

One can make any quote look different as long as they mold it to suit their argument

but the fact is: u fail to agree to the obvious

the obvious: women have no testicles and therefore dont produce testosterone
testosterone makes your muscles grow ....and muscles are heavy,cuz they are at least 60% water if not more(but plz dont quote me on this)
if women have less muscle then men,then they weigh less and therefore have less volume and can counteract G's better,cuz there is no extra muscle to get in the way of that special "path" between the heart and the brain

One can make any quote look different as long as they mold it to suit their argument

I took your full sentence in all of it´s glory. If it was someone molding it to look different it was you because they were your words, not mine.

The last part just shows further that you are indeed trying to save the situation by getting of at me for simply quoting you.

The last part just shows further that you are indeed trying to save the situation by getting of at me for simply quoting you.

i just tried to make you see it(reality) in a very broken -down state,but it seems u are inclined to stick to your guns,which is perfectly okay with me,since I was pretty "floored" myself by this admission in the first place,but dont worry,it takes time to settle in

a couple of years from now and u'll be with me on this one

the obvious: women have no testicles and therefore dont produce testosterone
testosterone makes your muscles grow ....and muscles are heavy,cuz they are at least 60% water if not more(but plz dont quote me on this)
if women have less muscle then men,then they weigh less and therefore have less volume and can counteract G's better,cuz there is no extra muscle to get in the way of that special "path" between the heart and the brain
Wow. If the less muscle tissue, the better, then why do fighter pilots train breathing and muscle control under high G's? Why do F1 drivers train in gyms and focus on arm and neck muscles?
Under high acceleration you need strong muscles to move at all (or keep your head straight) and there's still the whole aircraft/racecar control deal. Fighter pilots train their abdomen muscles to be able to succesfully perform the maneuver, that prevents the blood to flow into their feet (AGSM according to wikipedia). A skinny guy (that has his "path" clear) would black out really fast... unless his skinny neck snapped first :p

Motor racing should (ideally) be a meritocracy, so if they someone has the ability they deserve a chance.

On the topic of g's though, I don't think you can compare aircraft and racing cars. Fighter pilots primarily experience positive and negative g, which a racing driver only experiences in dips and crests, and probably nowhere near the +5/-2 sustained the average person can deal with before suffering black/red-out. 5g lateral is the maximum for an F1 car during during braking and cornering, but the lateral limit tends to be at least 10g for average people.

And they are ultimately sexy because they can shift a manual gearbox. LOL! :D
Well, my girl, my sisters and mother can also shift a manual.. But I think that's cause I'm from Europe..

In the Netherlands we have a talented girl driving Dutch Supercar Challenge and Karting. She's 16 y.o. and won her first DSC race despite 25 seconds penalty
beitske_own_0.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea