Female race car drivers...your opinion

I'm not sure if the average woman would approve of this thread. Most of the posters are benevolent towards female drivers, but for completely chauvinistic reasons :D

On the G-forces debate: This is an actual scientific article written specifically with racing (Indy Car, in this case) in mind. It doesn't pick up the debate over whether males or females are better at withstanding G-forces, but it definitely provides a much better background than Wikipedia :p

One can make any quote look different as long as they mold it to suit their argument

but the fact is: u fail to agree to the obvious

the obvious: women have no testicles and therefore dont produce testosterone
testosterone makes your muscles grow ....and muscles are heavy,cuz they are at least 60% water if not more(but plz dont quote me on this)
if women have less muscle then men,then they weigh less and therefore have less volume and can counteract G's better,cuz there is no extra muscle to get in the way of that special "path" between the heart and the brain

Not to nitpick, but did you just say women dont produce testosterone? Then by the same logic you used, if testosterone, is exclusively responsible for the production of muscle....how would they have any muscle at all?

There´s no need to nitpick, he´s busy digging :)

digging-773497.jpg

In order for a woman to get a racingseat in any of the upper series, she has to have looks first, speed second. That's very important factor of keeping women out of racing. I don't like it, no man is judged by how they look when teams are looking for talents... The moment all women racers stop posing in bikins, is the moment they are taken seriously.. Never gonna happen unless we, men, stop looking at those pics. I'm not better than any of you gents in that regard, i have to confess... I do remember looking at the free practice yesterday and saw that Caterham has a woman as aerodynamicists, i find that incredibly sexy...

I think you made a great point.

But I want to add that the women in audience has to grow to prevent that as well... otherwise the advertisers will want a good looking girl in the car.

By the way, I've also read the research Ivan Mills mentioned abou women being better than man in managing G's.

I was into flight simulations and I liked combat fighters and I remember a USAF doctor mentioning this in a documentary as well.

But without referring to that, if you compare the average height you have a clue about why this can be true.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%