Female race car drivers...your opinion

Like said before, women can do everything that men can, and vice-versa. The fact there isn't many female drivers around the Earth is simply due to cultural conveniences. What toy do you buy to your daughter? Usually, a house toy, a doll, etc. and purchase a car toy to your son. So, it's natural that boys get more interested in cars and in racing.

The only disadvantage females have, about racing, is the physical resistance. They are naturally weaker than men, to within a few exceptions, of course. But it can be obtained with the certain practice and exercising. When I watched F-Indy race last weekend, the broadcaster said that Simona de Silvestro did a harsh training on the physical part, in order to endure the entire race properly (she was slightly overweight last year, if someone realized it). Well, she got a 4th place, and was attempting very hard to take TK spot, who is a very experienced driver, known for good physical preparation...

So, that's it, culture. And if someone says "and how about Milka Duno, huh?", well, she sucks hard in Indy, but google for her Grand Am career. She even has a win or two in there! So, the problem is the car, she just wasn't born to drive a OW like the Indy cars, but she's able to drive a Prototype properly (something I cannot do even in rF :p).

Besides, they give a pleasant view for us, spectator. Or don't you prefer to watch Danica Patrick instead of, say, Vettel? 8)

Like said before, women can do everything that men can, and vice-versa. The fact there isn't many female drivers around the Earth is simply due to cultural conveniences. What toy do you buy to your daughter? Usually, a house toy, a doll, etc. and purchase a car toy to your son. So, it's natural that boys get more interested in cars and in racing.

The only disadvantage females have, about racing, is the physical resistance. They are naturally weaker than men, to within a few exceptions, of course. But it can be obtained with the certain practice and exercising. When I watched F-Indy race last weekend, the broadcaster said that Simona de Silvestro did a harsh training on the physical part, in order to endure the entire race properly (she was slightly overweight last year, if someone realized it). Well, she got a 4th place, and was attempting very hard to take TK spot, who is a very experienced driver, known for good physical preparation...

So, that's it, culture. And if someone says "and how about Milka Duno, huh?", well, she sucks hard in Indy, but google for her Grand Am career. She even has a win or two in there! So, the problem is the car, she just wasn't born to drive a OW like the Indy cars, but she's able to drive a Prototype properly (something I cannot do even in rF :p).

Besides, they give a pleasant view for us, spectator. Or don't you prefer to watch Danica Patrick instead of, say, Vettel? 8)

Patrick in Vettel's car would be nice! too much wishfull thinking on my behalf huh.

Anyone who uses Milka Duno as an example of why women shouldn't race retort with: Yuji Ide, Kevin Conway, Jean-Denis Deletraz, and Giovanni Lavaggi.

I dont think even women would have a problem agreeing that men have a tendency to be more naturally physically stronger. So there's more barriers for women but it's hardly impossible to overcome. So, no i agree that the lack of women in motorsports is more due to culture than a physical inability. After all, there are women jet fighter pilots

Driving is not as hard as other lifting jobs for girls, when girls can do fighting and judos, why not in races? Racing girls are not just to stand by the cars they must involve in races. I like sports girls so much…

It's just physiologically easier for men to do anything physical, and many people underestimate the load one's body goes through when driving F1 cars.

It makes sense that females would be disadvantaged from the start. However, other aspects are definitely on par, e.g. hand-eye co-ordination, reaction times/reflexes, relaxation, etc.

It's unfair to make a comparison.

What I don't understand, though, is why haven't there been female-exclusive F1 championships - or at least races - yet? Surely that's a lucrative market, and I'd certainly watch it.

The only disadvantage females have, about racing, is the physical resistance.They are naturally weaker than men, to within a few exceptions, of course. But it can be obtained with the certain practice and exercising. When I watched F-Indy race last weekend, the broadcaster said that Simona de Silvestro did a harsh training on the physical part, in order to endure the entire race properly (she was slightly overweight last year, if someone realized it). Well, she got a 4th place, and was attempting very hard to take TK spot, who is a very experienced driver, known for good physical preparation...

I want to add also more emotional unstable. I watched Patrick alot these last years. But when she is angry she almost starts to cry.
Its gets the best of here. And that stuff is also holding girls back to be right at the top and stay there. Imo.

I doubt female racers are inherently worse than male racers. They might have a slight physical disadvantage at first, but that gap can be closed.

The biggest problem I see might be the "pool" size. There are probably more men interested in becoming racers than women, which means there's less female racers. With so many male racers, the chance to find very highly talented ones is fairly high, while finding very highly talented female drivers is a lot harder. And that's probably cultural, which won't change soon.

So do they have a place in racing? Of course, the same place than male racers. Once they are in the car, racers are genderless anyway.

I think women have a place in Motorsport definitely and there are some good drivers.
Didn't Jodie Kidd race in a Maserati championship once. I think she did quite well.
And Serbine Schmidt she races in the German Porsche Carrera cup doesn't she?

I want to add also more emotional unstable. I watched Patrick alot these last years. But when she is angry she almost starts to cry.
Its gets the best of here. And that stuff is also holding girls back to be right at the top and stay there. Imo.

Lewis Hamilton last year.... My case rests...

Women drivers... Lots struggle with parking, some are..... Well ... Just crap at driving. Some men are worse..... Women in racing? Leave the prejudices in the pit lane please gentlemen - if she's got it; she's got it and daft ideas about less physical strength, less natural ability, etc, etc are just that - daft. A woman could just as likely kick any man's ass on any track in any discipline - what's on the front of her chest and between her legs may be nicer to look at, but they ain't gonna slow her down on track - the prejudice and pre conditioning that society instills in us all, and that includes Women, is what slows them down, and that's way before they ever even step in a car. .

As for Sabine... What can I say, she could whip my ass (not too hard though!) on track or any other way she wanted, just give me a chance !

It makes sense that females would be disadvantaged from the start. However, other aspects are definitely on par, e.g. hand-eye co-ordination, reaction times/reflexes, relaxation, etc.

It's unfair to make a comparison.

strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces and can withstand higher loads than men ,and many fly fighter jets in Europe and are on par with the boys:)

The most opinions are not anti woman. But my is.
I think in very fast cars, where you get confronted with high gs.
A woman will ever be slower. The body isnt build for that.(male bodies are even too not made for it.)
But the lesser muscular structure of a female body is much more stressed by the high gs than a mens body.
I think that there will no fast girl in a fast class. But I think the could get it in slower classes.

Iam not anti woman but I think there will no fast woman.
Maybe Iam wrong.

and ... **** the view... I want to see racing.

strangely enough women are better at counteracting G-forces and can withstand higher loads than men ,and many fly fighter jets in Europe and are on par with the boys

prove this.

the first thing i could find

Claim "women pilots can't take G-forces"
"Opponents of women finally getting to fly combat aircraft, and some male pilots, bandied this about in trying to prevent women from flying the newer, faster, aircraft - most of which were designated as combat planes.
The reality is that women can counteract G-forces because their physiology makes them more tolerant of G-forces than men.
(G-forces push down on a body, they overcome the ability of the heart to pump oxygenated blood upward into the brain. Blood begins to pool in the lower extremities, while blood circulation to the head is reduced. When blood circulation to the head is sufficiently reduced, the oxygen supply to the brain becomes insufficient.)
Height, not strength or gender, is the most negative factor in a pilot's ability to tolerate G stress. Because women have a smaller body mass the shorter distance between their heart and brain makes it easier for them to counteract the G-forces."

9G' sustained 15sec!!

In order for a woman to get a racingseat in any of the upper series, she has to have looks first, speed second. That's very important factor of keeping women out of racing. I don't like it, no man is judged by how they look when teams are looking for talents... The moment all women racers stop posing in bikins, is the moment they are taken seriously.. Never gonna happen unless we, men, stop looking at those pics. I'm not better than any of you gents in that regard, i have to confess... I do remember looking at the free practice yesterday and saw that Caterham has a woman as aerodynamicists, i find that incredibly sexy...

Claim "women pilots can't take G-forces"
"Opponents of women finally getting to fly combat aircraft, and some male pilots, bandied this about in trying to prevent women from flying the newer, faster, aircraft - most of which were designated as combat planes.
The reality is that women can counteract G-forces because their physiology makes them more tolerant of G-forces than men.
(G-forces push down on a body, they overcome the ability of the heart to pump oxygenated blood upward into the brain. Blood begins to pool in the lower extremities, while blood circulation to the head is reduced. When blood circulation to the head is sufficiently reduced, the oxygen supply to the brain becomes insufficient.)
Height, not strength or gender, is the most negative factor in a pilot's ability to tolerate G stress. Because women have a smaller body mass the shorter distance between their heart and brain makes it easier for them to counteract the G-forces."

Aii, didnt know that. But there still one point.
They can take G-Forces. But how long? Thats more the problem. A man is stronger than a woman.
So he can take it longer. Because these woman muscles are faster tired. And then the attention goes away.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back