Female race car drivers...your opinion

What do all think about female drivers? Do they have a place in motorsports, what do you think? My answer is definately yes, if you have the talent then why not right. Im not sure how many are out there: Susie Stoddard, Ashley/Courtney Force, Katherine Legge, Danica Patrick, Sarah Fisher, Milka Duno and im sure there are more.Then there was Shirley Mulldowny and Lynn St James and the one that impressed me most was the female rally car driver that drove the Group B Audi Quattro Coupe back in the 80's

I think that women will be never as good as men. I dont want to say that they are bad racers (lol, or drivers, but I have soooo bad experiences with blondies behind wheel in the Czech Republic :D), but if there is some exception, she probably wont have any interest in racing... But I guess there is no such a case, where is women better than the best men drivers

Thats just for compare. But it is treacherous, because we can also say that some men will be never as good as women :p Still I love women behind wheels, I know 2 women teams in our MMČR rally championship and I am actually their big fan ! :) go girls go, more of you!

I have no issues at all, if anything it attracts more watchers to the sport (especially Danica Patrick with her looks :thumb:) and there's no doubt they have definite racing ability - Kathryn Legge, Suzie Stoddart, Natascha Gachnang also have impressed in DTM, FIA GT etc.

I se no reason why they cannot be part of a racing field, I actually hope a female driver can be in Formula One, but on the ability of pure speed, rather than to fill out some equality order or something!

Imo women can drive just like men, the only thing that matters is experience. That's why women hit cars while parking and do mistakes like that more often, because usually they drive less. But if someone starts racing, she will drive a lot for sure, so that doesn't matter there! The hardest part for them can be the high speed turns though, because of the high G-forces. But with some more training they can manage that too I think.

I don't think there is any difference between women and men (If you forget contact sports like hockey) so yeah, why not ?

The only reason people are always "surprised" when the subject comes is only because it's more rare to see women racing because they usually have different interests...

Other than that, they can be as good as any men...

As an active member of the karting community I usually see many girls that are way better than the boys.
Looking at the top 5 in one championship I think 3 out of 5 were girls.
Racing is on of those sports where you can really compete under the same conditions as everyone else regardless of what sex you are however it has since the beginning always been a gentlemen's sport but I think that is changing and I hope it is for the better.

I see no reason why Women shouldn't race. Albeit there are a few exceptions. For example, Danica Patrick and Courtny Force. These two women seem to think that you need an extememly rude attitude (Force/Patrick) or to blatantly wreck your opponent (Patrick) on-track to gain fame and recognition. That somehow being aggressive is necesary for compitition.

Then you have polar-opposites like Stacy something who drove for Dodge one year, in the SCCA, who just let everyone pass her when they got too close, lol. Next, you have the women who don't Track but are part-Team or full-Team owners such as Teresa Earnhardt - who fully owns Earnhardt racing, she bloody fired her husband, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and replaced him! Absolutley ruthless!

In my opinion women are unpredictable, both on the Track and at the 'Table.' So, I see no reason for them not to be included but they shouldn't feel it necessary to abuse there Position or authority in some vain attempt to garner a few 'points' in order to win respect.

There is no reason why there shouldn't be more women racing. However, seeing as motorsport is already male-dominated as it is, it can be hard to find a foothold. It also doesn't help that most women (as far as I am aware) don't have a very big interest in cars or racing in the first place...

Still, I would never say no to more female racing drivers, in any championship.

Absolutely no issues with it. Would like to see more.

and while we're at it.. nothing like a female mechanic :thumb: (photo of Anna Chatten by me @ last Indycar race @ Richmond):

P6230075b.jpg

women can be as good as men if they have the dedication. like men they're just people, they can do anything and be as good as anyone else no matter what race or sex you are. couple good female go kart drivers i run with now who one i got to sub for and work with the mechanic who was amazing. i think some females just complain too much like danica. at the nascar race at bristol she got taken out on accident by ryan truex and she was furious at him but that's racing, you drive hard and sometimes you get taken out on accident. if it was on purpose you have the right be mad at the driver.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back