Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume part of the cost of the wheel relates to the apparent high quality of the wheel itself. It's officially Porsche licensed and looks to be VERY well made. Hopefully the mechanism is of equal quality.

Upvote 0
  • Wolfox

Fanatec and Xbox360

1)Is't true that the steering wheel,for 360,is limited and there will stop making them?

2)On 360 will we have 900°,H Shifter,Clutch?

3)After Race Pro which games will use the clutch,H Shifter and 900°?

4)Having 900°,H Shifter,Clutch you guys made a Miracle,is MS appreciating the hardware?

5)Are you thinking to make the hardware cheaper in the future?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

LCD Plugins

I have one of these with the Clubsport pedals on order, hopefully for April delivery. I wonder if you will be releasing any plugins to use the LCD screen with Simbin titles or rFactor. A shift light and gear indictor would be great!

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

This will be released with the next driver version. A beta will be released next week.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

1. yes
2. yes
3. NFS shift, Forza 3 and I guess many more
4. They love it
5. There are no plans for a cheaper version and it is hardly possible due to the expensive materials needed to build such a wheel

Upvote 0
  • Wolfox

For the response of Point 4,i don't understand way doing that at point 1????

For Point 1;you mean the package(With everything) ,or the single steering wheel.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

I mean the wheel as it is. Of course we will consider doing a new wheel if the response is very good but I think thta the potential customer base for a high-end Xbox wheel is very limited. I am sure that all people who really want to have one will get one.

Upvote 0
Release Date

Hey there,
as many others i already bought the GT3 RS wheel but we got the info it´s delayed to late april, but i really would like to know if its the last week or near to mid-april.

I need to plan my costs as i have to buy serval things now...would be great if you could tell it to us

Thank you,
Kind regards

Upvote 0
I mean the wheel as it is. Of course we will consider doing a new wheel if the response is very good but I think thta the potential customer base for a high-end Xbox wheel is very limited. I am sure that all people who really want to have one will get one.

Interesting. Personally, I would think that there is just as much interest in a "high level" wheel on the 360 as there is for the PS3, which seems to be supported on a lot more devices. Especially as there are now several serious competitors to Gran Turismo on the 360 platform, there is a large untapped market there - Just check out the comments you see on other forums about the wheel and everyone wishing that the G25 was compatible!

I would have been very tempted to go for a wheel that is compatible with all 3 systems, or even just 360/PC, but cannot justify the cost for your current offering to replace my existing Microsoft 360 wheel.

Ideally, if there were something out there that could compete on price with the MS 360 Wheel (even being a bit over the price, say in the £100/150) range and was compatible with full force feedback available on all platforms, I would be handing over the cash now, but an expense of nearly £350 for a wheel is just too much, much as I would love to have one!

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

Ideally, if there were something out there that could compete on price with the MS 360 Wheel (even being a bit over the price, say in the £100/150) range and was compatible with full force feedback available on all platforms, I would be handing over the cash now, but an expense of nearly £350 for a wheel is just too much, much as I would love to have one!

A wheel in the price and quality range of the MS but compatible to all platforms only make sense for people who do not have a MS wheel yet AND have all consoles. This is certainly a niche market.

Why do you not get the Turbo S Pure version for 189€ ?

Upvote 0
A wheel in the price and quality range of the MS but compatible to all platforms only make sense for people who do not have a MS wheel yet AND have all consoles. This is certainly a niche market.

Why do you not get the Turbo S Pure version for 189€ ?

I disagree with this, most people went for the MS wheel as it was the only real option that was out there (and still is really). Most people only stay with it because of the FFB feature that doesnt work that well with the other wheel that is available from Logitech (?)

I would be quite happy to replace my MS wheel, and I am sure there are many other people out there who think the same. The only thing that stops that is having something competitive in a similar price range

It also makes sense for anyone with one of the consoles and a PC - which is already widening that niche market a bit - The main thing that doesnt make sense to people is having to have a different wheel for each console.

As for the suggestion of the turbo S "Pure", the reason that I would not cosider this is as stated on the Product page of your website....

"All features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel but without pedals, shifter paddles, RF dongle and gear sticks"

I could live without the gear sticks, the pedals (resorting to reusing the MS ones, but that is already kind of defeating the point a bit as they are one of the worst features of the MS wheel) and even the RF dongle (if there is another way to connect to 360 - does it also connect via USB?) but shifter paddles would be essential if you have no stick shift.

Dont get me wrong, I really like your full spec product, and wish you lots of success with it. I just hope that in the fullness of time there will be a more realistically priced option for the more regular consumer. Whether that option comes from Fanatec, or elsewhere is yet to be seen, but I think that there is much more of a market for a competitor to the MS wheel than most people realise as most people would happily replace their MS wheel if they could.

Upvote 0
Shipping dates

I ordered months ago (Jan 09) and cant wait...
the only problem I have is the continued silence with Fanatec on shipping dates. (ive sent emails/messages but no still no date)

Ive paid nearly 500 EUR, and havent had any kind of confirmation of shipping date. some comments on the 911wheel.com website, suggests there has been a delay - but again, no official news.

if you look in the webshop, it looks like at least 6000 out of 10000 wheels sold, at an avg of 330 EUR, thats alot of customers cash, to not be giving out any update on when we are getting our product.

So looks like a great product, but the handling of customers at the moment is a little poor.

so come on fanatec, whats the news, why the secrecy?

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

This is actually a mistake on our website. The Pure version comes with the paddle shifters made of steel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing