PC1 False advertising

I've seen many evangelists and perhaps even the developers themselves refer to Project C.A.R.S. as a "sim" or "simulator". Normally this term is used to describe software that tries to mimic reality. There is nothing wrong with arcade racers so why not just call the game by its real name and stop trying to advertise it as something it's not? There's no shame in admitting that Project C.A.R.S. doesn't try to be realistic. There's a big market for this type of game, even bigger so than for the niche sims, so please stop trying to fool people and aim for your target audience instead.

Thanks people for the info.

The GT1 does not even have the ATTESA system, as per FIA regulations. So, no HICAS, SUPER-HICAS or ATTESA, which means the problem may not be the suspension, ISI will sooner or later understand there is a problem and correct it.

It would be interesting to compare AC, pCARS and rF2 for the exact same car. That would be hugely interesting.

It seems we will be able to drive a Lotus 49 in pCARS, iRacing and AC and a Zonda in pCARS, AC and Simbin's Race Room.

Of course since few of us have actually driven a Zonda let alone a Lotus 49, while it will be interesting it may not be conclusive :) I think the "this is too easy/forgiving/too hard/too unforgiving" debate will continue as it has for many years.

Well I asked Mr Bell for a refund.

No dice.

Not after 3 months apparently.

But he very kindly informed me that he was sorry I am not enjoying the project BUT!!!!!! He is happy to let me stay on.

Thanks Ian!!!! Really appreciate that kind gesture of not banning me because I asked for a refund.

What a guy.

Personally I feel cheated out of 25 EURO. I was sold an arcade racer but promised a simulation. Anyway that is besides the point.......even if pCARS was a simulation I would want no further part in it because as a company I find SMS' behaviour to be morally reprehensible.

You were not "sold" anything as the product is NOT finished. You joined to help build a racing game.

Starting to think some people just should not get involved in alpha/beta situations, save your time/money for finished products. Everyone will be happier that way.

No I joined to help build a racing SIMULATION.

As any evidence that this will indeed be one is yet to materialise I would say I was sold (promised, conned by hype etc.) something which is not actually what it claimed to be.

I think it's time people stopped talking about how it's only in alpha/beta phase. It's been 11 months and the cars still drive like a complete joke. That is not progress.

You were not "sold" anything as the product is NOT finished. You joined to help build a racing game.

Really, I thought it was to build a simulator, and fact is, EVERY promotional video on ytube or VR claims it's a simulator.
As I said before, I find it strange that SMS would need to get the community to chip in 1.5m, surely a publisher could've fronted that, heck, stupid assed EA could've done so, but EA seem more intent on building good games on paper, ie, huge car lists, where each car drives like a greasy turd, lol.

Good news is that SMS's pcars destroys F1 2010, 11, 12, and Dirt 3.

It's totally unrealistic. It's lifeless with no connection to the car or road. It feels way too fast.

That's odd as most notes from people I've read say it feels slower than say RF2 (which I think has to do with the insane camera shake RF2 uses). I do agree, the FFB still needs some work. For me, there are spots of brilliance with it's current implementation, but it still lack the seat of the pants feeling of weight transfer. My understanding is that the dynamic model being worked and tested will bring a lot of this feedback to the FFB once implemented.

No I joined to help build a racing SIMULATION.

As any evidence that this will indeed be one is yet to materialise I would say I was sold (promised, conned by hype etc.) something which is not actually what it claimed to be.

I think it's time people stopped talking about how it's only in alpha/beta phase. It's been 11 months and the cars still drive like a complete joke. That is not progress.

Pcars claims are that of a final release, not the ongoing development. Regardless of what you think of the time frame for an alpha/beta/finish product, it varies with every game ever made. Rfactor 2 has been in development for years now, it just wasn't open to the public. Gran Turismo 5 was in development for what seemed like a decade but we werent part of that so we had to wait until final release. With pcars, you are driving a product in development. As to what stage it has been in, currently is in, or you think it should be in, the fact is that it's still not a final release. You have every right to be unhappy with it's current state, but to say pcars makes false claims is untrue, because it isn't done yet. The sooner people can cope with that, the easier all this will be.

I dont agree that it's not realistic at all though, I've been having a good time with it this past week. Some of the cars feel very lively under braking, but are lacking that same excitement when getting on the throttle coming out of a hairpin. Either way, I'm not going to judge something that is in development as something that is final. Makes no sense at all to me.

I'm now trying to get a rf2 refund, lol.
I'm enjoying it to some extent. I find myself dreading new build and mod releases though because it seems like such a pain in the ass, with it being 2012, to have to go through so much to update. One thing that pcars has going for it is that you sign in to the launcher and it auto updates everything. So simple and easy to use. I hate having to download, install to a package folder, go into the game to find said file (sometimes having to go to the drop down to show all files) then search the list of already installed things to find the one that isnt installed and then install it only to go in game and get a mismatch. It keeps me from trying any new releases, like the new f2. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I really think it should be much easier. Sure, a lot of people use torrents and dont mind the extra work, but I hate it. Anyways, sorry for going off topic :)

I asked you kindly via pm as a last reminder to stop derailing each and every thread you post in David. After derailing the AC thread with your rF2 stuff you are attempting it here again I see.

Time to sit on the bench for a week. If you then continue to derail threads on purpose: a month etc etc.

See you

This thread now goes back to topic. Or open a thread in a different subforum with a different subject.

So long as the game or sim is the same for everyone and setups come into play.
the breaking points, the driving line, the damage, tire wear , mech failure, allso come into play what is missing ?
Ive seen people wearing gloves and helmets wile racing, them people are mentally insane in my opinion, they have a screw loose.
F1 race stars is a arcade game this is more sim like my first impression.

Ive seen people wearing gloves and helmets wile racing, them people are mentally insane in my opinion, they have a screw loose.

397383_10150467861029022_152870188_n.jpg

But I feel pretty. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back