rF2 F3 @ Zandvoort - Mon 16th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thx to everyone who showed up! Could have been a few more but was good fun nonetheless! R1 went smooth and I could control the lead until I did the same dumb mistake I have done in countless ACC races on this track and went too wide in Mastersbocht. I guess I'll never learn :mad: That put Edward in the lead and made things more interesting. Pushed hard and finally managed to make move on him. He tried to get me back just the next lap, unfortunately we had contact and he was put off. Waited for him to continue racing and could keep the lead to the end. Great battle mate, unlucky contact :thumbsup:
R2 was smooth, had a good start and managed to pass Steve and Edward early and Dan soon as well. Had a near spin just after that but could keep it in front and had a smooth cruise after that to the finish.
Thanks for organizing Edward, great combo!
Yep, I was very happy to see how close everyone was in qualifying. For only 4 people, if we'd have all been spread out it would have been pretty dull, but 8 tenths between us was a good sign.

I made a good start to the first race and got past Steve early. Fought my way past Dan into Turn 1 later on and then chased Michael. He went off, I got in front and then had to hold off the faster car. Michael went up the inside into T1, I fought around the outside and then tried to hang on side-by-side into the next right, but I turned in what turned out to be too much and squeezed Michael, luckily it being me who spun off as a consequence. Michael slowed up to let me catch up/pass, but I was going to rejoin the race behind him, he didn't need to give the place up. I was able to stay close and kept getting runs out of the banked hairpin by taking the high line, but couldn't find a way through. I struggled through the last left-hand bend, so could never truly challenge into Turn 1. Still, crossing the line in the slipstream and 3 tenths off the win was clooooose.

Having finally dialled into the dry circuit, I just failed to get used to the wet track, and spun a few times on the exit of T1, mainly when I had just overtaken. Had a few more aquaplaning moments and hit the wall a few times, so pitted for slicks, but the track hadn't dried enough so it was a disaster.

Thanks for the racing though, it was very good.

F2s at Spielberg next week!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back