rF2 Formula 2 (+ Setup) @ Red Bull Ring - Mon 23rd January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
F2 2022.jpg

The excellent Formula 2 cars gave us a great race of DRS and tyre strategy last time we raced them at Istanbul Park. We bring them back with softer tyres to the fantastic Red Bull Ring, a short circuit with not many corners, but a whole lot of racing potential. You can legitimately pass or set up a move at every single corner, so let's see what we get this week!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
  • Formula 2 2022 - [STEAM]
    • Super-Soft and Soft tyres ONLY
Track: Red Bull Ring - [Download]
Layout: Red Bull Ring GP
Air Temperature: 12°C
Fixed Setups: No (SETUP attached to this post)
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Factory
DRS Zones: 2 (Red Bull Mobile to Niki Lauda Kurve) and (Remus to Schlossgold).
Track Limits: This track does not have working Track Limit rules, meaning it is possible to run wide or cut corners without penalty. I ask that you please do not abuse this too much. Be sensible in qualifying and the race. For avoidance of doubt, if you put wheels over the yellow sausage kerbs on the exit of some corners while racing another car, you must give the position to the car racing you. If you see someone taking the Mickey with track limits, please tell them or me and we can keep track of it.
1673906521668.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 23rd January 2023
Practice: 19:00 GMT (85 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:25 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:35 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 GMT (40 Laps) Must use both tyre Compounds

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. David Steinacher
  3. rockracer
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. Steve Le Gallez
  6. max1966i
  7. Dean Makovic
  8. Monkey T.
  9. Stefan Hiller
  10. Denis Betty*
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Attachments

• z f2.svm
    5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Here's an invite to anyone who may be interested?
@Roy Magnes @Herlev @SimApprentice21 @Colin Peach @Ronny van Rooij @Hartmut2 @ThreeLionz @Stammeleer @Steve Le Gallez @burtydog @Denis Betty @groy1980 @Michel vL @Ingemar Petersson @joecronk @Rich Green @Raf Nix @Monkey T. @Jasje @Stephen Gibb @xoSx.Racing @PurgerUK @Luca Ciarfella @Cosimo @Dean Maković @Kamran Khan @CaptainLykaios @Redvaliant @Yves Larose

If you receive this tag, but don't want to race this combo, can you please rate this post with the following criteria so I can work out future combos.

Like: You will be busy, or have signed up to too many other races this week and need a night off
Love: You don't like the F2 cars
Haha: You don't like Red Bull Ring
Wow: You don't like the longer race and tyre strategy aspect
Sad: You won't have time to practice and don't want to be uncompetitive
Angry: Other reasons

Ed, I'll give this a go. Hope to at least run a few laps but can't say I've ever run this car
I have a setup on the first post. Give it a go. If you can keep it smooth, a 1-stopper should be possible if you want, but a Supersoft-Soft-Supersoft 2-stopper is also an option if you find the tyres wear too quickly for you.

The tyres do hold pace pretty well, even if you do go into red wear values. It'll be an interesting evening.

Ed, I will come om tomorrow but rF2 is being really flaky with this track. Most times when loading in VR it crashes. Other tracks are fine with the car, just seems that once it loads the track it bails....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%