rF2 F3 @ Zandvoort - Mon 16th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Tatuus F3 T-318.jpg

Two races with the ever popular Tatuus Formula 3 cars sit in front of us. The tricky but highly rewarding Zandvoort Circuit is our track of choice this week, with the high banking added to allow F1 cars to overtake around the track, surely it will only help the F3s as well. If I can get it working properly, we should have one dry race and one wet race! but don't worry, you will have time to practice in the wet before we head into the race. Let's go!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
  • Tatuus F.3 T318 - [STEAM]
Track: Zandvoort - [STEAM]
Layout: Zandvoort 2021
Air Temperature: 12°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Sunny (R1), Wet (R2)
ABS/TC: Factory
1673377516481.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 2nd January 2023
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes) (wet)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT (50 minutes) (dry)
Warm-Up 1: 20:20 GMT (5 minutes) (dry)
Race 1: 20:25 GMT (15 Laps) (dry)
*Server reset, weather changed to rain*
Practice 2: 20:50 GMT (20 minutes) (wet)
Warm-Up 2: 21:10 GMT (5 minutes, quali skipped) (wet)
Race 2: 21:15 GMT (15 Laps, Grid = Race 1 result, top 5 reversed) (wet)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. SimApprentice21
  3. rockracer
  4. burtydog
  5. Denis Betty*
  6. Michael Rudolf
  7. David Steinacher*
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. akephoe
  10. Paul_V
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
SERVER IS UP

I have set the "Practice" session up to be wet so you can practice the circuit in the slippier conditions. However, if you would like to do laps in the dry, skip ahead to Qualifying which is dry. That is now a 50 minute session, so there is plenty of time to skip ahead if you wish to practice in the dry. Just go to "Session Controls" and "Next Session" to get from Practice to Qualifying. Once you are finished on the server, please make sure you "Restart Weekend" to make sure it is on Practice for whoever jumps on the server next.

Trés intéressé pour y participer. D'ici lundi 16 janvier, j'aurai le temps de m'entrainer. Merci

However - please use google translate if you don't feel comfortable writing English. RaceDepartment is an English-only forum :)

Cependant, veuillez utiliser Google Translate si vous ne vous sentez pas à l'aise pour écrire en anglais. RaceDepartment est un forum uniquement en anglais :)

From my testing, I don't see much difference between a dry and wet setup. Effectively, for the rain you only need to put wet tyres on and it will drive just as well. Setup will be shared with you as you join the server tonight :)

Thx to everyone who showed up! Could have been a few more but was good fun nonetheless! R1 went smooth and I could control the lead until I did the same dumb mistake I have done in countless ACC races on this track and went too wide in Mastersbocht. I guess I'll never learn :mad: That put Edward in the lead and made things more interesting. Pushed hard and finally managed to make move on him. He tried to get me back just the next lap, unfortunately we had contact and he was put off. Waited for him to continue racing and could keep the lead to the end. Great battle mate, unlucky contact :thumbsup:
R2 was smooth, had a good start and managed to pass Steve and Edward early and Dan soon as well. Had a near spin just after that but could keep it in front and had a smooth cruise after that to the finish.
Thanks for organizing Edward, great combo!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back