F1: To boo, or not to boo? Opinion roundup

Cant argue on what I said before,
And you are correct about scu I don't rate him
U name me one today who proved that :O_o: he doesnt need to prove anything.

Schumacher was never driving with a champion alongside him, he is the most successful driver in the world and arguably the best ever, i hope you dont deny him either

Its very easy to win if you have the best car.
Put all the drivers in the exact same car SV would come 5th @ his best.
Amazes me just how little people know in here what makes a good driver.
Red bull do not race they just get to the end before everyone else.
This isn't racing at all,
A race is when others have a chance to fight for the win,So in my book this has nothing to do with racing.
Formula one is becoming Boring because of red bulls dominance, Ive no idea how they manage so much more rear grip compared to other teams, If you watch the cockpit cam you can see how easy it is to drive.The fact SV has lost races this year deserves a slap.

Okay not exactly the same :D but i will give him Toro Rosso :D it will be enough for him :roflmao: to be equal with the others :whistling:

About Schumacher, i am not the one to judge you :thumbsup: but u need to be so hard working for that success therefore you deserve everything you won 101% !

"Racing" you say, up to some point you may be right, but for me there is no greater victory than starting from pole leading all laps and winning, although i find it boring to watch, i must admit its a pure and clean victory, with no match. And yet Vettel had races to be compared to the driving of Schumacher in early 2000 or Senna in Suzuka 1988 ...

PS. If 2010 Abu Dhabi and Brazil 2012 werent races where the driver won with his brilliant skil and mind, right calculations when and where, to pit or not ... maybe Vettel wouldnt be the champion today, but he is. And i would find it DISGUSTING if i saw Alonso become Champion after that mechanical changes on the car of Massa for Alonso to go ahead. In that moment, the team i once cherished only because of Schumacher for a moment i hated very much! But yet i understood them, because no one can tell them not to do it! And you people find that more pleasing than all the work Vettel had to do it.

You should watch the videos of Abu Dhabi last year and see the captions below when Vettel speaks in the end :) or read what Horner said about Vettel night before the race, or what Vettel replied to him afterwards :) thats a true champion. And time will prove i was right, i have no doubt about that.

Last edited:
So it's normal to boo on a football match but it's not normal to boo on a race track?! Booing is completely a fans' reaction and it is of course personal. People who don't like Vettel boo him. Could be the same a Alonso or Kimi or anyone else.

So it's normal to boo on a football match but it's not normal to boo on a race track?! Booing is completely a fans' reaction and it is of course personal. People who don't like Vettel boo him. Could be the same a Alonso or Kimi or anyone else.

I agree with you. F1 is about emotions, like other sports, so I understand the boos. But nowadays it's all about being political correct so not many people will agree with this, sadly.

Vettel should be proud of this, in fact. It means he is very successful.

I remember Silverstone 2010 I think that was the case, leading to Webbers now famous "nod bad for a number two driver." Perhaps this is what kelaroost is talking about. There may be other occasions, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Webber tested that wing on the Friday and didn't like it, so gave it back. Seb liked his but broke it, so they gave Mark's unwanted wing to him. Suddenly Mark wanted it back.

I cannot remember Schumacher being Boo'ed like this, but then he never ran around waving one finger in the air in peoples face being an arrogant SOB after a win, that is why people hate hit, because is an arrogant little prat, not because he is successful.

After that footage of Mark Webbers car accelerating at the Canadia GP I am still not so sure the team do not have some form of TC either.

No BOO for sure !

Offcourse F1 gets a bit boring when there is one guy winning so easy and so many. We all know the days of Schumacher. Domination does not do the sport very good. Fans get bored and want more competition.

Still tho, on the other hand Vettel has not make himself very populair this year. We know his behaviour at the Malaysian GP this year towards his team and teammate, and that showed another sort of Vettel.
Since then a group of fans find it harder to tolarate Vettels success. So, yes ... Vettel has his part in the BOO! problem... I have not seen any other driver who got this problem this year when he won a race, just only when Vettel won ... which he does a lot ...

Still ... for example Singapore was a boring race, because of Vettel being so much quicker then the rest, even makes you wonder if his car is really legal (reminds me of Benetton 1994), but in the end it's really amazing how Vettel did it all ... and therefore deserved the win, and no Boo! No driver deserves that.

Problem with F1 nowadays is the chancing of fans. F1 has been made to much of a show, and has become less sport. And a show has to entertain. And if a show does not entertain, the crowd wants a better show. It's how many "new" F1 fans look at it. The die-hard fan would never Boo a driver, and understands the sport. F1 has become to complicated for "new" fans.

And let's be honest, F1 has changed over the last decade. We now have to much paydrivers, DRS, KERS, to much money and politics involved. It's all been going into a wrong direction. Die-hard fans are having a hard time believing their beloved sport, and new fans do not understand the sport...

Booing....Cheering....all part of a crowd reaction in most sports.

Someone or something isn't liked....you get the boo, something liked you get the cheer...part of a lot of sport generally.

Seems to bother a lot of people including some of the drivers. The only one that doesn't seem too bothered???

What will the talking point be if Alonso wins another race.....crowd cheered too loudly?

:p

It seems to me that people are booing because they dont like him
It may have nothing to do with his many wins getting boring.
It may be to do with the fact that he has been so ungracious and unsportsmankie on several occasions.
"he is too slow get him out of the way"
Multimap 2-1 being ignored.
The twirly finger gesture at Turkey.
The totally hippocritical about face when after Sepang he half apologised with "sleep will not come easy tonight" comment. Thhen the following race the emphatic statement "we raced, I was faster, I won" .

So he is clearly a great driver of an F1 car.
But no one has to respect him a s man if they dont want to.
Can you imagine him doing what Fangio did for Stirling Moss and effectively gave him his home win? I dont think so.

Vettel the man needs to grow into the shoes of greatness if he wants respect in my viw.

• Deleted member 165163

Personally I think that if you have paid your money you can express your feelings with booing. I have no problem with that.

• Deleted member 165163

And for the record I love Vettel I think he's brilliant.

A race is when others have a chance to fight for the win,So in my book this has nothing to do with racing.
Formula one is becoming Boring because of red bulls dominance, Ive no idea how they manage so much more rear grip compared to other teams, If you watch the cockpit cam you can see how easy it is to drive.The fact SV has lost races this year deserves a slap.

You are nothing more than a whiner who cannot prove anything you say with facts, and you just try to prove things with wild accusations you try to pass on as 'fact', thinking that anyone here who knows anything about F1 will take it as such.

Well, I for one won't even take anything you say with as much as even a pinch of salt. It seems you have a personal vendetta against the 2 best drivers in the last 20 years(Schumacher and Vettel).

Go on, spew some more of that stuff you've been letting loose, I'm in the mood for a laugh tonight :roflmao:

You are nothing more than a whiner who cannot prove anything you say with facts, and you just try to prove things with wild accusations you try to pass on as 'fact', thinking that anyone here who knows anything about F1 will take it as such.

Well, I for one won't even take anything you say with as much as even a pinch of salt. It seems you have a personal vendetta against the 2 best drivers in the last 20 years(Schumacher and Vettel).

Go on, spew some more of that stuff you've been letting loose, I'm in the mood for a laugh tonight :roflmao:
With you on that one. This guy/girl is crazy.

What qualifications do you have to dictate to everyone else what is and is not racing? Question do you race? I don't mean race on computers? Do you have any real world racing experience? I ask this because anyone who is either active as a real world racer or raced in the past would never say such nonsense.

I am a real world racer (albeit only at the amateur club levels) and this last Sunday I was involved in a local race where myself and my peers raced each other hard in the Kart Shifter class. This is a class where not all Karts in the field are equal and not all drivers possess the same skills. But that does not mean the guys at the front of the pack as well as the guys at the back weren't racing and racing hard.

If you have real world racing experience, you should be ashamed of what you wrote above. But if you are some internet only guy, get real. You may think you are some racing expert, but in reality you are just some clueless partisan. Red Bull races ... just because they happen to have the best car right now does not mean they are not racing. Do you even have the faintest idea what taking a corner at 3 Gs is like let alone the 5-6 Gs the F1 drivers experience. What a joke.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back