F1: To boo, or not to boo? Opinion roundup

Well this got out of hand fast.

Perhaps it's a little strange that fans obviously care a lot more about Vettel being booed than Vettel himself does. He sees it as a sign of success.

We don't care about the boos as much as we care about people who are allowed on a racing forum trying to justify it as normal, fair to the driver and the sport, and indeed something that does not promote the sport in any way.

I look at his laps on the on-board camera and it doesn't appear as though he is on the limit like some other drivers.

Are you trying to tell is that on a qualifying lap Vettel is not at the limit? Are you trying to tell us that at the start of the race when Vettel is trying to build up enough of a gap to the guy behind him, that he is not at the limit? Huh? What do you know about driving at the limit? You need to schedule some real world track time, because it appears that everything you think you know about how to drive a race car stems from your experiences on a computer game. They really are two completely different beasts. It is so easy to over drive a race car and/or a race kart and there is a point when trying too hard actually makes things slower. Has it ever occurred to you that the guys you idolize because they are sawing at their wheels trying so hard are actually hurting themselves. Yes right now Red Bull is the best car so that does give Vettel an advantage, but please produce the telemetry data to prove your case that the Red Bull is an easy car to drive, because without this telemetry evidence you are just posting your opinion and frankly I have a hard time believing someone who's sole experience in racing comes from a computer game.

Did not follow the whole discussion. But for Kelaroos. point 1: I'm not a fan of SV or any other driver. As said I'm a fan of the sport. 2: does SV have the best car? Yes he has. For the most part it because of Newey but remember it is a team sport in that sense that Newey can't build a good car if the driver is crap. So the combination, and read carefully again the, combination SV and RBR is unbeatable at the moment.

Reading your posts you seem to me that you are a SV hater I don't think that is fair to him. He is one of the best drivers out there and yes they all have their weaknesses so does Alonso and so does Hamilton. I agree with you on one point it is getting a bit boring to see SV win all the time. I hope for next year that some other team finds a trick or two so they can beat SV and/or RBR.

I say BOO to the rest of the drivers and teams, for not working hard enough.
You can't blame Vettel and Red Bull for doing there job.

I'm not a Vettel fan but it was great how he did it yesterday, a real champion.
If he keeps going like that, he'll be a world champion some day:)

He's already triple world champion :p

Duel.jpg

The hole idea of a race is to see who has the best man and machine combination and who can get to the end of the allotted distance first.
But what is missing today that made the 60s,70s,80s and 90s so great to watch is the element of danger,competition between others to fight for the lead, adrenaline ,pressure,because it depended on 30% of the drivers skill to win unlike todays cars they only depend on 10% of the drivers skill to make a difference.
If they made a mistake back then there highly likely to die but today the safety is that high there is little risk to the drivers so removing the element of risk removes there achievements as a winning driver and makes them more of a passenger.
This vid sealed it for me in my opinion on the driver in question,
Little pressure of he goes.

Only experience I have if you can call it experience is computer games such as f1 or gt5,
Ive raced people online using cars with 100pp less and still won them,
That's the difference,
SV has 500pp everyone else has 450pp lol
Kelaroost,
please at least try and reason as a cultured person and not as a retard.
Plainly from your comments thus far, you are ill disciplined and absolutely oblivious to what decency represents.
Regardless of one's loyalties, accepting and giving credit to Sebastion for his achievements, are done by sports people with integrity. At the moment he is the best driver out there whether we like it or not......

Oh, and by the way, I've been an ardent Ferrari supporter all my life......and still are.

Are you trying to tell is that on a qualifying lap Vettel is not at the limit? Are you trying to tell us that at the start of the race when Vettel is trying to build up enough of a gap to the guy behind him, that he is not at the limit? Huh? What do you know about driving at the limit? You need to schedule some real world track time, because it appears that everything you think you know about how to drive a race car stems from your experiences on a computer game. They really are two completely different beasts. It is so easy to over drive a race car and/or a race kart and there is a point when trying too hard actually makes things slower. Has it ever occurred to you that the guys you idolize because they are sawing at their wheels trying so hard are actually hurting themselves. Yes right now Red Bull is the best car so that does give Vettel an advantage, but please produce the telemetry data to prove your case that the Red Bull is an easy car to drive, because without this telemetry evidence you are just posting your opinion and frankly I have a hard time believing someone who's sole experience in racing comes from a computer game.

lewis said this in a interview your have to ask him

''to drive a race car stems from your experiences on a computer game. They really are two completely different beasts.'' Oh, really...didn't know that. Bugger.

Even though F1 is a lot safer today I am quite sure if I put myself in a F1 car and was attempting to push it the idea I would die in the next corner would rise in my head very soon :D. That is the biggest difference I suspect much bigger then the waste physical differences. The sensation of death around the corner. Would be kind of cool role playing as a driver. Hit a wall hard enough you are not allowed to simrace for three months due to you are in the hospital. If you die you are never allowed to simrace again ;). That would put on quite some pressure :D

Would be kind of cool role playing as a driver. Hit a wall hard enough you are not allowed to simrace for three months due to you are in the hospital. If you die you are never allowed to simrace again ;). That would put on quite some pressure :D

You could try this. Have someone stand next to you holding a 2x4 while you sim race and if you get into some sort of crash the person holding the 2x4 will then give you a good whack and then proceed to deduct money from your bank account to pay for the repairs regardless of who was at fault. :roflmao:

You could try this. Have someone stand next to you holding a 2x4 while you sim race and if you get into some sort of crash the person holding the 2x4 will then give you a good whack and then proceed to deduct money from your bank account to pay for the repairs regardless of who was at fault. :roflmao:

My wife will have a purpose when I'm sim racing now :D

And regarding the money being taken out of my account, I'll just give her my debit card every time I bump the wall :p

I oppose booing, much better response would be a silence. As long as RBR attracts emotions, it's all good. Whatever to keep them on the news. Silence fits better to the overall feeling amongst F1 fans: this is not exiting.enough. I'll bet even Vettel fans would like to see him battle with drivers (or are you scared that he might lose some of those battles? didn't think so...), now you see him on screen for the 3 first turns and next on the finishline while broadcasts concentrate on fights between P2 to P13. The problem is like Schumacher would've started his F1 career on some midpack team in 1999 performing extremely well and then moved to Ferrari in 2000.. He got his talent shown on different cars over the years before the mind numbingly boring four years.

If history repeats itself, RBR in 2014 will sink to #2, gets scared, over reacts, makes hasty calls and change all personel and drivers (goodbye Vettel&Horner, a move they regret for years..), struggles, get's one season of good performance followed by abysmal next season: you know, just like every team ever...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back