F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Monaco Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment community 'Driver of the Day' from the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix.

The streets of Monaco offer a unique and daunting challenge for the Formula One field, and with the cars faster than ever before, some fierce fighting throughout the field and no room for error at all - who do you think deserves the most praise for their performance on Sunday afternoon at Monaco?

Voting is open, let us know your thoughts in the poll and comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

As said in the other thread, Verstappen is not responsible for the unsafe release, his team is. The "bad attack" was just him locking on worn tires, at least he tried something and it did not mess anybody's race.

Driver of day is Hamilton for his leading role in the radio show "Monaco thriller - my tires are gonna fail soon". Bono gets the award for the supporting role.

Really? Max's performance in the race: penalty and bad attack on Hamilton. That was all.

-The penalty was ridiculous... with two cars in a small pitlane, redbull was faster with the tires....... there was a medium small contact. Stuppid rules from FIA

-and the overtake was block his tyres. But he give it a try that is that is why people look to F1
What senna words if you no longer go for the gap... your not a racing driver

I can't really say Lewis made any off tracks or mistakes and being under pressure with dead medium tires . He held it down.....It had to be done for Niki. Lewis rarely wins public votes...he wins races

If Lewis would not have been complaining that much, I would have voted for him. So Max has my vote this time. The unsafe release was not his fault and he was able to constantly put Lewis under pressure, driving in his dirty air (less downforce). And the incident between Max and Lewis when Max tried to overtake, that is racin! In the interview after the race Lewis did not even give the impression that Max did something wrong there.

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
-The penalty was ridiculous... with two cars in a small pitlane, redbull was faster with the tires....... there was a medium small contact. Stuppid rules from FIA

-and the overtake was block his tyres. But he give it a try that is that is why people look to F1
Well, do you know why Senna said the words? It was simply to justify his crash with Prost

Maybe maybe not? But for Senna was racing go karting a little touch is part of that.

I agree that Max had to try the attack. But it failed, and Lewis rode masterfully on destroyed tires. For the championship I would like to win Max or Seb, but it must be admitted that Hamilton rode perfectly today.

I agree that Max had to try the attack. But it failed, and Lewis rode masterfully on destroyed tires. For the championship I would like to win Max or Seb, but it must be admitted that Hamilton rode perfectly today.

The history dont lie is very difficult to overtake on monaco... like Mansell vs Senna in his super williams renault and senna with his custumer mc laren. Lewis have doing a good job :thumbsup: nothing to say about that. Hope that Redbull can give Max a better car for the other half of the season. But I dont think it gonna happen. But if... we have exided races like today ;)

Verstappen, no doubt about that. Never ever in the history of F1 has there been a driver constantly within a few tenths following the leader for such a long time (65 laps!!!)... You guys all sim race....imagine the amount of concentration that requires....in Monaco...and bear in mind he is in a slower car, constantly in dirty air with harder tires and a chunck of floorplate missing. Easily the best driver on the current grid since his FP3 mistake in Monaco 2018, period.

And Honda the only engine supplier with 4 cars in the top eight, Alonso & McLaren are u paying attention...?

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

Hamilton for keeping the lead on those tires, followed by Sainz for that awesome lap 1 and a good overall race 1.
Verstappen did a good drive, but claiming he is the best driver currently on the grid is ridiculous.

I think that alone wouldn't justify a penalty, but he pushed him into the wall, despite clearly being aware that he was there. There was enough space on the left.

Senna admitted later that the same move was intentional to take out Prost. So if you know the quote in the context, then you know it is bullshit. You don't win races by going into impossible gaps and Verstappen has proven himself to be an idiot in that regard.

I think that alone wouldn't justify a penalty, but he pushed him into the wall, despite clearly being aware that he was there. There was enough space on the left.

Are you Serious? He can not see him @Bottas in his mirror if the loly man sign to go...not Max fault but some people here dont like Max but that is a different story :whistling:;)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000