F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Are you Serious? He can not see him @Bottas in his mirror if the loly man sign to go...not Max fault but some people here dont like Max but that is a different story :whistling:;)
Not Max's fault but it deserved a penalty, it was an unsafe release and he got off with a really light penalty like Brundle and Croft said. There was a mistake made and a penalty was given, dont really know how people can debate this tbh

• Deleted member 113561

Are you Serious? He can not see him @Bottas in his mirror if the loly man sign to go...not Max fault but some people here dont like Max but that is a different story :whistling:;)
Sure he saw him, otherwise he would have driven much harder into him. It is quite obvious to everyone that you are a Verstappen fanboy and you always defend him, no matter what stupidity he does this time around.

P.s. Look at Bottas exiting the pits, he is directly as far right as he can be. Look at Verstappen, he doesn't drive like normally to the right wall, he kinda stays in the middle. This is imo enough proof that he knew Bottas was there and still drove into him. You can clearly see there was enough space on the left to avoid the collision and still stay side by side.

Last edited by a moderator:
The team is at fault with an unsafe release, so the team should deserve a penalty and not the driver. Why dont they punish the team for it and deduct a constructors championship point instead of penalizing the driver who cannot be held accountable for it? If it was a drive through penalty the race would've been fckd and a borefest after the pitstops...this is a fine example imo of a rule which could've killed a good race

I'm as sick of Hamilton as anyone, but I had to give it to him. On those tires with that guy on his butt...that was a masterful performance that not many guys on the grid could pull off, but Merc KNEW Lewis could get it done.

Hamilton reminded me of Danny Ricciardo’s drive last year,Max was all over him like a wet suit but Lewis,mentally challenged with tyres on their last legs,fought valiantly to will the win home.

P.S. R.I.P. Niki Lauda,he was the very first legend of the sport I watched as a young teenager in the early 80’s,his name was first and foremost in those days,he had an aura about him.

Truly a legend.

Many times Lewis use this ploy, he is the master of it
He convinced Max and Seb ...and commentators with 50 laps to go he would have to pit again
So they just waited for it lol by the time Max woke up it was too late

Many times Lewis use this ploy, he is the master of it
He convinced Max and Seb ...and commentators with 50 laps to go he would have to pit again
So they just waited for it lol by the time Max woke up it was too late
If my wife didn't buy his "poor me" BS routine, I doubt any of those other people did either.

Has nothing to do if you like Max or not. We are talking about pit crew safety and F1 has lollipop man for the reason. Mistake was made by the lollipop man and 5 sec penalty is nothing when RB tries desperate moves like it was in Monaco. I hope they also get grid penalty next time. :D

Before the race I knew Hamilton was going to make a theatre, how his epic win would be dedicated to Niki.
He always talks himself in a underdog position, to give his victory more charm.
As long as your tires are not punctured, driving in the middle of the track with the fastest car overtaking impossible. Have a look how Ricciardo was limping to victory last year.
Only Leclerc and Verstappen where truly tring to race. The rest was just doing laps.

screen295.jpg

The team is at fault with an unsafe release, so the team should deserve a penalty and not the driver. Why dont they punish the team for it and deduct a constructors championship point instead of penalizing the driver who cannot be held accountable for it? If it was a drive through penalty the race would've been fckd and a borefest after the pitstops...this is a fine example imo of a rule which could've killed a good race
Well, it has an on-track impact, in this case for Bottas. If you don't punish the driver for it, then in this case Verstappen has gained an advantage over Bottas. So how would that be fair to Bottas?

When a driver is penalized, the team is also penalized. Red Bull missed out on more constructors point, so they have been punished for their mistake with the unsafe release.

Ohh man what a dislikes :roflmao: Real racing will be punished with to much penalties blah blah... anno 2019 even in the pit... there where Redbull change the tires quicker... than Merc
Whitout Max formula 1 is borring is so true

Master class from Hamilton, stole pole from Bottas, made no mistakes during the race.

Monaco is not a great race to watch though. We've had two years now where the car that won was compromised but the track is so poor that even Max can't find a way past a limping car. The only way the order will change is if there's a crash of a slow pit stop.

I don't know what they can do, I presume the King isn't going to allow any significant road works? I'd say drop the race at this point, I don't care how prestigious it is.

I have to admit that eventhough I dont really like Verstappens arrogance then the way he behaved in this race convinced me that he is about to grow up.
And probably will be one of the great F1 drivers in the history - before the petrol driven F1 is closed down.:sneaky:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.