F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Even if Max would race 200 in the pits,
Are you Serious? He can not see him @Bottas in his mirror if the loly man sign to go...not Max fault but some people here dont like Max but that is a different story :whistling:;)
Oh Muzikant...not again! It's not about other hating Max, as you put it as typical dutch nationalist, its about YOU not able to handle criticism about Max because of your nationalism:rolleyes:

Voted for Russell... Better far away from the fire, and this dude finished where his car don't belong. WTF happened to Sauber? As for drivers suffering from team calls, big ouch for Charles I guess? But there should be more for Danny Ric and Hulk. And Stroll beaten by his former team. SMH

I could have chosen Lewis easily... but after the post race interview, you'll know he's just whining for show. The only risk he had was if his tyres blew up. Good thing(for him) that didn't happen when he had contact with Max. He always seem to know Max... He don't wanna mess with him, like in Malaysia 2017 and other races where you can easily see Lewis just letting Max do what he want, to protect his car and points. If only Max have a car equal to merc, you guys will have something else to argue about. This race, Lewis wanted and needed the win so badly, from Bottas threat, so maybe the reason he had contact with Max. You shall not Pass! If this was in another track, I'm sure Lewis will just protect himself from Max attack.

I personally think Monaco is overrated as a GP event. "The most important race of the season" really? If any of you watch youtube a lot, you will notice amberlounge ads. It's all about the parties and shows around Monaco that attach itself to this GP... The parties, fashion shows, etc, that happens because this race visits the place. It's like a real life clickbait really.

If I'm gonna start another thread, I would like to ask you guys which GP do you think is the most important? Or rather just the most exciting? But it's pretty useless... Still, Monaco's at the bottom of my list. I had better watch time from tracks considered boring from last year(2018) like Baku and COTA. This year Bahrain is the best so far... But for sheer enjoyment of the scenery, and sometimes the racing too, SPA, MONZA, RBR and SUZUKA will put all Monaco races to shame.

Before the race I knew Hamilton was going to make a theatre, how his epic win would be dedicated to Niki.
He always talks himself in a underdog position, to give his victory more charm.
As long as your tires are not punctured, driving in the middle of the track with the fastest car overtaking impossible. Have a look how Ricciardo was limping to victory last year.
Only Leclerc and Verstappen where truly tring to race. The rest was just doing laps.
Totally agree to this. The theatre already started when Hamilton did not show up on the first press conference. He only does this to draw attention... “Look at me! I am showing big respect for Niki!” I have seen a lot of interviews over the years with Lewis and how many times did he mention Niki in these interviews? I cannot remember one time. Lewis is one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, but when he is not driving a car... hmmmm...

Are you Serious? He can not see him @Bottas in his mirror if the loly man sign to go...not Max fault but some people here dont like Max but that is a different story :whistling:;)

It makes no difference if it was Max fault or not, which I think it wasn't. The driver will get the penalty even when the team screws up. Back a few years ago such dangerous pit release would have meant an automatic drive through or stop and go, now teams are lucky to get away with 5 seconds. The pit lane isn't the same as race track, there is no excuse cars should ever bump into each other there. You can't just release a car from the box straight into another car's path.

It makes no difference if it was Max fault or not, which I think it wasn't. The driver will get the penalty even when the team screws up. Back a few years ago such dangerous pit release would have meant an automatic drive through or stop and go, now teams are lucky to get away with 5 seconds. The pit lane isn't the same as race track, there is no excuse cars should ever bump into each other there. You can't just release a car from the box straight into another car's path.

the fact is to much little stupid rules kills the sport every time again.. let them racing. In the pitlane there was no danger situation atleast my opinion.

Bottas should have taken his loss
because Redbull was quicker with the tire change. But just how you look at it

I don't think even the biggest Bottas fan would give him anything for that performance against the Ferrari. He didn't appear to put Vettel under pressure at anytime.

Completely agree, when you see max dancing allover Lewis' mirrors you would think Bottas would be doing similar, we all know how vettel is under pressure... Plus with max ahead vettel would need to be concentrating on avoiding a spin or aftermath of a lunge.

Must've just sat back and enjoyed the scenery wondering how on earth this race slipped from his early q3 stonking lap to 3rd plac ...

• Deleted member 113561

the fact is to much little stupid rules kills the sport every time again.. let them racing. In the pitlane there was no danger situation atleast my opinion.
On that basis: Okay, in the future everybody should just hit Verstappen in the pits and give him punctures ...
typical dutch nationalist
rofl, but so true :p

MV was a bit fortunate that the move didn't wipe out LH or there would be hell to pay & it would be a case of worst drive of the day. Didn'ty happen though, so all good.
Good patience up to that point, and had to try something drastic. Fine lines and all that.

Leclerk did a couple of great overtakes but then negated all that with the impatience and carelessness thereafter.

Strololol, for an epic qualifying. Again. Bumping someone worthy out of F1 because of money and then perform like crap is seriously annoying.

On a more serious note; Sainz gets it, he was helped massively by his teammate, but still a solid job.

Hamilton's radio was deliberate to make Verstappen play the waiting game. It worked, everyone bought it and by the time the lightbulb turned on, it was too late.

Hamilton's radio was deliberate to make Verstappen play the waiting game. It worked, everyone bought it and by the time the lightbulb turned on, it was too late.
You get it, they put semi-fake messages out to disrupt the competitions image about their chances.
Verstappen though really he just had to wait till Hamiltons tires would pop.
But Mercedes already said he could finish the race with those tires, as 20 laps of Monaco was the same as 10 laps on a normal track (according to the merc-pitwall).

If they would have released Verstappen later he would have to wait on Bottas and Vettel, with the same outcome. 4th. As Bottas and Vettel had the same compound, he would not be able to overtake them too. It was a gamble and and the only option.

Last edited:
If they would have released Verstappen later he would have to wait on Bottas and Vettel, with the same outcome. 4th. As Bottas and Vettel had the same compound, he would not be able to overtake them too. It was a gamble and and the only option.

Didn't Bottas also take mediums first time? Then after contact he pitted again and took hards...

I didn't watch the race so trying to figure everything out without watching any footage. It is very interesting actually, much more than watching it. :roflmao:

Before the race I knew Hamilton was going to make a theatre, how his epic win would be dedicated to Niki.
He always talks himself in a underdog position, to give his victory more charm.
I don't think he's trying to give his victory more charm, I think he's trying to be humble, not that he's actually humble, I'd say he's very confident in his abilities and I think away from the spotlight he talks much more confidently about he's talent, but once a social media expert gets in front of a camera they know how to grovel to their fans. To be fair, he's been on the receiving end of a few social media backlashes so he's not going to rock the boat.

I think what F1 needs now is a bollox. Someone who talks **** and winds people up. There's no point listening to all these social media darlings because they're too well trained and subservient to fans and sponsors.

I honestly can not believe Monaco. When i watched F1 in the 90's you lost half the field. The Hybrid power units are reliable to the point we have 3 retirements. So im like here comes Monaco we will have at-least 5. And its 1. Charles Leclerc. That is amazing the worst race on the Calendar in my opinion and the least retirements. There was a race with ony 3 finishers. I cant believe Monaco and the reliability of the modern eara. The guys on the pit wall must have been hounding drivers to take it easy.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%