F1 Mexican GP: Verstappen penalized after ignoring yellow flags in Qualification

cut him some slack, these are decisions made in split seconds, all of us have done these mistakes and worse in sim racing with less than 1% of the pressure he is under. That said, I totally dislike the chap and his attitude and dread the moment he will reign supreme in F1 (which will come in the next three years). Where are the Mansells? Or the Stewarts? Or the Häkkinens? Or any of the Hills? I must be getting old ...

cut him some slack, these are decisions made in split seconds, all of us have done these mistakes and worse in sim racing with less than 1% of the pressure he is under. That said, I totally dislike the chap and his attitude and dread the moment he will reign supreme in F1 (which will come in the next three years). Where are the Mansells? Or the Stewarts? Or the Häkkinens? Or any of the Hills? I must be getting old ...

Two big differences: nobody’s life is at stake for making the wrong decision in sim racing (despite the way some of us react on teamspeak, but anyways lol) and he’s getting paid millions to know that a race isn’t won in the first couple laps.

Yep. I wonder what happened to "perfect Max". Before the summer break everybody hyped how Verstappen is now a more complete driver than Hamilton, since then it has been accident race after race, for reason or another.
I only recall Leclerc hitting him so hard his car broke, now Hamilton making space where there is not any. Hamilton could just as easely takes himself out with that move. Both times Verstappen was already ahead.

Maybe he will win ...;) then the Max haters are silent @ again and so how were you at the age of 22? people shout quickly and loudly.. special by Mr Max.
if something goes wrong for a moment:cautious::whistling:

well guess what? once again for being aggressive( in his case Stupid) he ruins his own race, But you would say (Like ALL Max Fanboys) it was Hamilton, Bottas and Magnussen fault. because ALL drivers should move away when Max comes thru. right?

well guess what? once again for being aggressive( in his case Stupid) he ruins his own race, But you would say (Like ALL Max Fanboys) it was Hamilton, Bottas and Magnussen fault. because ALL drivers should move away when Max comes thru. right?
I think, Ericsson hit him! :confused:

scnr :D

This was a disastrous weekend for the young ace from the netherlands, not gonna lie...he has ruined basically everything by himself for himself, totally falling back into his fook it attitude. A little bit too much...

Maybe the day comes and he learns from it...again :rolleyes:

Tangentially related, but is Lewis the luckiest man in all of sport? Really.

Don't get me wrong, Lewis is supremely talented, he'd be winning a bunch even with bad luck...but man does he fall ass-backwards into success a LOT!

Stewards were waiting 1 hour for Max, so he deserves this penalty, and of course, if you are under a yellow flag you cannot ignore cause there are staff circuit working, so you can make more damage than anything else

Dutch complaining to start in 3.....2....1 :)
Not from my side. Totally agree on the penalty. He puts lives in danger by doing this. What I understand from it that on the first look the stewards had seen him back off a little so they let it go. But then he challenged the stewards by making a comment about it in the press conference. Anyway Verstappen agreed with the views of the stewards and admitted it was a mistake from his side. So end of discussion.

Shame for Max but them are the rules and he admitted to not slowing down. Safety first in this instance. I will admit seeing the in car view I probably would not have slowed down either (in a dream world) after all they are racing drivers going for pole. I see Villeneuve is having a pop at Max again, calling him a bad role model. With the thugs in football etc what an earth is he talking about. Silly man.

This wasn't really the best we've seen from Max. Spending more time off the circuit during the Grand Prix than on the circuit. Especially the situation with Magnussen was handled pretty poor.

"Did you slow down at the yellow flag?"
"No!"
If THAT is not arrogance, then nothing is....
That's not exactly how it went. He did NOT see yellow flags and the electronic panel on track and in his car did not lit up.
He said he saw Bottas but did NOT see yellow flags. Yellow flags where waved by marschals, so the penalty is deserved. But I'm utterly disappointed he got a flat tire.

Tangentially related, but is Lewis the luckiest man in all of sport? Really.

Don't get me wrong, Lewis is supremely talented, he'd be winning a bunch even with bad luck...but man does he fall ass-backwards into success a LOT!

Some might call it luck, others might call it being really consistent in pace and really efficient at not screwing up; he’s a machine, not unlike guys like Schumacher. It’s not his fault that most other drivers aren’t as consistent and efficient; he’s just there to pick up the pieces. :D

At what point do you win races and championships and it stops being Luck? Bad luck the fastest car didn't win ? Better luck next time :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies