F1 Mexican GP: Verstappen penalized after ignoring yellow flags in Qualification

Dutch complaining to start in 3.....2....1 :)

Not dissimilar to haters jumping at the count of 1...

In the end I don’t think Max is bothered much by any of this one way or another, bunch of keyboard hotshots expressing their opinion. He’s a fast guy in a fast car and he still carries a pair of balls. So sometimes he makes a mistake, he shows his lack of respect for the rules or as some call it lacks maturity. I say all the better for him and others like him, as long as he doesn’t kill himself or someone else doing it and the former is his own choice.

I am not a Max fan, I like his drive though.
Maybe I like the imperfection of character as well - not being perfect myself, not by a long shot, not even by a mile.

Read my post... verstappen and leclerc are much faster than the old generation. And arrogant.... its a bad word. Then is every body arrogant who wants to win :roflmao:
So it's impossible to be fast and still show respect for the rules?
Anyway: he is punish. Fair deal.
I wouldn't mind him winning today, if he stays within the rules and fair play.

Max
"I think we know what we are doing, otherwise we wouldn't be driving an F1 car," he said.

"It's qualifying and you go for it.

"If they want to delete the lap, then delete the lap."

Even though he's not In a winning car Lando Norris is the opposite of arrogance... Also Albon... Lovely humble guys.

Last edited:
Pfffffffff, "not even for peoples lives", where did you find this?
There is a very very very important reason why drivers should at all times respect yellow flags. Because there is a huge possibility to bring other peoples lives in danger. But I admit: the remark was over the top.
But I really regret Max is one of the drivers that's killing sportsmanship...
He has been in controversy in half of the races since he joined, and not because he is fast (which he is).

Deleting the lap would not of been punishment for purposely disobeying one of the fundamental rules.
A driver cannot know in that instance from the cockpit how serious or dangerous things ahead are for their own safety and that of others.

Its a small smack on the wrist, black flag a driver when they do it and it will put an end to it.
Regardless of who or what team they are in. The FIA should set this now as a precedent.

As a more mature driver he should have known nobody on the lap was likely to take pole away. Backing off as he should of would still of seem him start from pole. So in his own ignorance and arrogance, he outdid his own efforts.

Last edited:
Max
"I think we know what we are doing, otherwise we wouldn't be driving an F1 car," he said.

"It's qualifying and you go for it.

"If they want to delete the lap, then delete the lap."

Even though he's not In a winning car Lando Norris is the opposite of arrogance... Also Albon... Lovely humble guys.
That is not a comparison. Norris is not drive for top team and it is his first season. Albon is not in the neberhood of the performance from Max. Redbull is Max and always pressure.

There is a very very very important reason why drivers should at all times respect yellow flags. Because there is a huge possibility to bring other peoples lives in danger. But I admit: the remark was over the top.
But I really regret Max is one of the drivers that's killing sportsmanship...
He has been in controversy in half of the races since he joined, and not because he is fast (which he is).
Maybe true, its a MAN SPORT, not a contest about behavier!, and F1 is going to the drain with its rules! All Bundy "lets rock":roflmao:

It was the last timed lap of qualifying all the drivers had to do is stay to the inside line and clip the apex. Without drifting out to much on the straight. Max wont care he will be leading shortly after the start unless the Ferraris block him. But they know hes faster.
Ignoring yellow flags it is Jaques Villeneve's championship season all over again. That is why the cockpit has lights with the green yellow and red bulb, just to make shore the driver is looking at there LED displays in the cockpit. Plus The team must of said something about it on the radio. as the section Botas crashed is blind as it comes out the old baseball stadium and into the the last turn and into main straight.

Ok they delete the YF lap but took the pole from him was ridiculous, the rules are pretty lame.

BTW if your team-mate has the provisional pole all you need is to crash your second car in last attempt and it's done. The qualifying format needs serious review.

But both Ferraris would pass him in first straight anyway.

Last edited:
I am a Verstappen fan but i agree with this penalty, its a rule, and Vettel slowing down adds up to the penalty.
Gutted of course because its was a great lap, but sometimes you have to think unbiased and think about the rules.

it’s refreshing to see a clear-headed opinion from a Max fan; don’t know why some people think they’re beholden to maintain Max’s or any driver’s integrity, no matter what. I’m a big Lewis fan, but he occasionally does some cringe-worthy things as well. Senna is my favorite past driver, but he’s also done some really a-hole like things I don’t approve of (in particular Japan 1990).

Sure no smart move by Max, but the stewards are not allways by the rules, Vettel moving at the start, Leclerc ramming into Max. If they want rules, use them ALLWAYS, and not so now and then!!!!!

You do remember it was Max pushing Charles off in their fight in Austria this year is what started this whole “be lenient, allow hard racing” thing, right? Max has gotten away with just as much; stop acting brand new.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%