F1 Mexican GP: Verstappen penalized after ignoring yellow flags in Qualification

You forgot Verstappen ramming charles off the track in Austria to take the win.
What a joke... when he is ramming leclerc? There a manny discussions about this.... charles open the door. In suzuka charles ramming max from the track and occon in brazil and vettel in silverstone. :p;) if it was the fiarrari strikes on him in Austria be sharp about the facts

Max didn't deserve a 3 place penalty..... .... But him and Charles are getting a little bit too arrogant in my opinion...and need stiff penalties to calm down. Race handed to Ferrari...

I agreed with the penalty, Should had been a harder penalty if it was me, Back of the grid for sure, Safety its number one in Racing and by idiots like max a disaster could had happen. thank god it didn't, he thinks he is above everything in F1 and that F1 owes him. keep it up kid, I am not surprise anymore by your stupidity sometimes.

no Doubt, Turn One, he will steam rolled anyone on front of him, god forbid he is not first when that corner comes up.

Maybe he will win ...;) then the Max haters are silent @ again and so how were you at the age of 22? people shout quickly and loudly.. special by Mr Max.
if something goes wrong for a moment:cautious::whistling:

The penalty isn't stiff enough. In future, other drivers may think, "Never mind the yellow, I have a chance of a fast lap - the penalty is only three places. I'll risk the penalty." However, that risk involves other drivers, the marshals and even the crowd.

Drivers who flout the safety rules openly must be punished severely; otherwise disobedience becomes the norm and racing gets ever more dangerous. It's not just the young millionaires at risk - some enthusiast in a marshal suit, there purely for the love of their sport, might pay the price. Selfishness and over-confidence will eventually demand payment in flesh and blood.

He had the Bottas' Mercedes perfectly in the sight, this is ridiculous. There's no zero risk at any sport at all and Verstappen didn't put no one under risk.

The comparison to the Bianchi situation I've read in another post is also ridiculous. that was a 100% race direction fault on letting a inadequate tractor into the track when there were cars around on a slippery wet track, it was not driver's lack of responsibility issue, this sounds even disrespectful to his memory to me.

F1 should got back the Indy Q3 method with one car at track per lap, at least we can see all main drivers in action instead of to see his sector times in the bottom of the screen. It can be unfair sometimes if it rains for some and doesn't for others, but the cost/benefit ratio worths.

The penalty isn't stiff enough. In future, other drivers may think, "Never mind the yellow, I have a chance of a fast lap - the penalty is only three places. I'll risk the penalty." However, that risk involves other drivers, the marshals and even the crowd.

Drivers who flout the safety rules openly must be punished severely; otherwise disobedience becomes the norm and racing gets ever more dangerous. It's not just the young millionaires at risk - some enthusiast in a marshal suit, there purely for the love of their sport, might pay the price. Selfishness and over-confidence will eventually demand payment in flesh and blood.

Rules are there for a reason in racing. Obey them or take the consequences. It is that simple. There is no mystery here. I like Max's ability but he...like every other driver, should be penalized for breaking rules. Taking a lap and leaving him at the front of the grid would not send any message. It has to sting a little to get his attention and make him not want to do it again....much like a flogging.

Valtteri was already "Dead", so Max thought nothing worse could happen (Joke). Valtteri is such a boring driver that he could already end his career. I think running a marathon would be better for him...

Valtteri was already "Dead", so Max thought nothing worse could happen (Joke). Valtteri is such a boring driver that he could already end his career. I think running a marathon would be better for him...
That's not very nice.
I like Bottas...think he is extremely talented.
It'd be extremely difficult for any driver to match Lewis in that car. I don't think you are being 100% fair here.

So does anyone think that there is a good chance an accident with Verstappen will happen today?
1st incident in... first corner hahaha :)
And.. she should get a penalty for unsafe return to the track :)
2nd incident: too aggressive pass on Bottas, cutting up his own tire :)
Once again he destroyed his own race when he had the car to win.
And no, I am NOT a Max hater :)
3rd incident, crashing into Magnussen.
4rd incident, passing Magnussen outside the track.

Last edited:
Being a lovely person don't make you a winner. You have to be a ruthless selfish asshole (especially in F1).
Agree with the statement but not with the spirit. To win you have to be smart as well, and what Max did was not smart - he lost the pole.
And he shouldn't have to "lie when telemetry data is available", he just had to slow down.

Hahahahaha... first corner and an incident :)
And.. she should get a penalty for unsafe return to the track :)
2nd incident: too aggressive pass, cut up his own tire :)
Once again he destroyed his own race when he had the car to win.
And no, I am NOT a Max hater :)

Not a Max hater. Its likes your enjoy it

so said, so done...and now he’s out...but it won’t be his fault, just watch...(where’s my popcorn?)

Yep. I wonder what happened to "perfect Max". Before the summer break everybody hyped how Verstappen is now a more complete driver than Hamilton, since then it has been accident race after race, for reason or another.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back